05/05 - Pink Floyd Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriette

Shitpost Appreciator
Contributor
Reaction score
lmfao yeah, much more accurate. or maybe "how many grocery stores and/or gas stations are within 15 minutes of you"
"Do you have to drive an hour out of your way to get to anything bigger than a Walmart?" is my personal standard lol.

According to that survey my town of 12000 is technically rural, but this entire area is kinda just one city connected to the next so....probably shouldn't count.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"Do you have to drive an hour out of your way to get to anything bigger than a Walmart?" is my personal standard lol.

According to that survey my town of 12000 is technically rural, but this entire area is kinda just one city connected to the next so....probably shouldn't count.
lmao yes! I have to drive 45-60 mins to get to the nearest mall

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning! Hopefully everyone's Saturday is off to a decent start. :zen:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from McDermott Experiments for work related to 36QZ6V1589LI9RVOCH20U0NR3YTUSZ.
The value of your bonus is: $16.23 USD

The Requester included this note:
completed HIT

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
:celebrate2:

BootnyleeFarnsworth

Reaction score
I drive 3 minutes to the nearest mall. But the nearest mall is 3 major retailers, a couple of local gigs and 35 empty store fronts. Rural? I'm also surrounded by hillbillies in lifted trucks with confederate flags on them that listen to trap. I'm not sure where that puts me on the classification scale.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek:

I have 4 malls near my house alone, varying from 5-10 mins away. My town is also packed full of people though. I think I would die in a zombie outbreak and you would live so you go that going for you.

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:eek:

I have 4 malls near my house alone, varying from 5-10 mins away. My town is also packed full of people though. I think I would die in a zombie outbreak and you would live so you go that going for you.
nah, I've already decided that if a zombie apocalypse occurs I'm just gonna shot myself :shrug: I have no survival instincts lol

Reactions: GoldenTemple

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
nah, I've already decided that if a zombie apocalypse occurs I'm just gonna shot myself :shrug: I have no survival instincts lol
That is why i am grateful for my husband everyday! He grew up hunting and in the country. He could easily make us survive.

Miriette

Shitpost Appreciator
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much how the last town I lived in was. 30 minutes to get to the nearest mall, except it was tiny and dying. The biggest draw of that mall was a small theater which I'm 99% sure closed down right after we moved. The next closest mall was 90 minutes away. x__x

That was a bit of culture shock for me after moving from a large city lmao.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
lmfao yeah, much more accurate. or maybe "how many grocery stores and/or gas stations are within 15 minutes of you"
I think mine is about 5k. There are cows. We have McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Subway and Jack's. Super Wal Mart is right at 15 miles away though and a decent sized city with a decent shopping district is only about 25 min away.
Montevallo, the home of Alabama's only Liberal Arts college. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.