04/27 - Sneaky Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Reactions: JanetW

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
NATIONAL GUMMI BEAR DAY
CELEBRATE TRAILS DAY
NATIONAL FIRST LADIES DAY
INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE DAY
NATIONAL DEVIL DOG DAY
NATIONAL POOL OPENING DAY
NATIONAL SENSE OF SMELL DAY
NATIONAL REBUILDING DAY
NATIONAL PRIME RIB DAY
NATIONAL TELL A STORY DAY
NATIONAL BABE RUTH DAY
NATIONAL KISS OF HOPE DAY

Reactions: JanetW and jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer screener to qualify for bonus HIT now (food choice study) or future HITs later. Academic research. | Accept
Requester: Sarah Hubner [A18V33E7H3K7QD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$30.85] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Academic research study. Take a short screener to see if you are qualified for additional surveys. Potential to immediately qualify for bonus survey on food choices.
Qualifications: FC_Took DoesNotExist ; Block DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

cassius

Reaction score
You know, it really is like on TV and in the movies. You're sitting in an unwelcoming waiting room. The doctor comes out, puts his hand on your shoulder and he says, "I'm sorry. Your loved one is gone." It's surreal. You feel like you've been in this scene many times before. But it's only been make believe on video.

jan

Reaction score
You know, it really is like on TV and in the movies. You're sitting in an unwelcoming waiting room. The doctor comes out, puts his hand on your shoulder and he says, "I'm sorry. Your loved one is gone." It's surreal. You feel like you've been in this scene many times before. But it's only been make believe on video.
oh, no. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
Title: Academic survey about how we make decisions(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Martha Jeong [A1O6WRS4TR3H2D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.79] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 88
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Exc: [445748-445159] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
Title: 3 minute Evaluation of Creativity(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Kar Research [A1PRQKGSAMFAEM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.40] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 40:00
Available: 72
Description: Survey on rating how creative people have been about thinking up new uses for everyday items.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; SurveyGroup [8213] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [14250767-445165] DoesNotExist ; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
jan @jan
How did you end up resolving your computer crisis?

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: A study of Managers’ judgment in an employee performance evaluation setting(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sanjeev C [A1YM0K0C29PUV0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.71] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-2 weeks] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 5
Description: Take on the role of a manager in an employee performance evaluation study.
Qualifications: Exc: [214046811-445167] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your kind condolences. Three horrible experiences since 2006. One on top of the other. It's really difficult to hold things together.
Let us know if there is any way we can help. I remember at least one of those horrible experiences (you posted about it). And now this :(.

My heart breaks for you - .

• Love
Reactions: cassius

cassius

Reaction score
Let us know if there is any way we can help. I remember at least one of those horrible experiences (you posted about it). And now this :(.

My heart breaks for you - .
Thank you so much. Just on auto, trying to clean up this mess as he didn't leave a will behind and was a lousy record keeper, maybe not to himself. But when I'm copying little pieces of paper with numbers on them hoping to find something that cracks his computer, well, it made sense to him but not the rest of us. Calling friends, relatives, his military unit "boss", the wife of one of they guys who keeps them together. Letting her know funeral arrangements as they are organizing a military salute or whatever it is called. And she's helping me clear out the medical equipment that I had to purchase before he came home from rehab so he could manuever at home. She arranging for pickup by VFW and they'll have it for people who need it.

He was having trouble catching his breath last saturday, not too much but getting winded easily. So, called his primary care, no emergency contact, no one to reach for help as I didn't want to pile him into the car again and go to ER without doc telling me to do so. We already had quite a few transfers and to Cleveland area. Couldn't reach her so called his neurologist at Seidman who is head of his dept figuring this man would have an answering service. I hated bothering him and told the lady so who answered. She said not to worry. That is what to doctor is there for. But I know he's a very busy man and commands a lot of respect in his job. She said they page the doctor every 15 minutes until he answers, then patch the call through to me. She called my back in short time. Doctor talked to him and told him he most likely had blood clots in his lung. ER - now. That's all I needed and his son and I took him back. Helicopter'd back to Parma, only this time to ICU. He was on heparin when he flew out and that's what they kept him on until sending him home Monday. The local hospital told me he probably wouldn't be home so soon because he probably needed surgery to break up those clots. The people in Parma sent an Rx to CVS for a newer blood thinner that he was supposed to start when he got home. BUT no back up pills in case CVS screwed up as they apparently often do. He looked good when he got home, color good and walking and transfering very well. He had a primary care appointment for Wed at 8 30 that I got him to. He was on the phone Tuesday afternoon between insurance, CVS and doctor's office trying to get the med mixup cleared up. No luck. I was angry by Wed when he went to primary care. She spend a good while with him in doctor time anyway. Gave him samples of blood thinner to tide him over until the mix up got fixed and I had him start that while still in the office. He also took his evening pill. He was fine when I went to bed that night. But around 4 30 in the morning I was awakened by a thud. He had fallen trying to come back to bed with walker from the bathroom. I went into overload and asked him if was okay. Yeah, yeah, i'm fine. Just need to catch my breath. Well, that didn't happen. I said I'm calling the squad. No, you're not. Yes, I am. Finally I said that's enough. I'm calling 911. They p'd me off. Kept asking me my address and such. I just wanted to scream stop with the buracracy and send me EMS. They said they were on the way. Got off that call and checked on him. He was still with me. Got the cats in a room so they wouldn't get lost in the excitement, yelled at him again and got an answer. Went out to wait for squad who were already there. I found them and directed to to apartment. They worked on him a bit, then brought in streched and said they were taking him across the street to the Clevelend Clinic urgent care. I kissed him and realized that he was already gone but was hoping they could bring him back. But in my heart I knew. I texted his son several times through this and this time I texted I'm losing him. My neighbor went to clinic with me to stay until son came then her partner took her home. And then the doctor and out and the scene played out. So eerie, so strange. We've lived it many times though maybe not in real life. I called a friend of ours in Columbus and told her what happened. She knew I had not back up meds because I'd texted her tuesday night and asked if this was a problem. She said he needed that ASAP. So, I was partially awake all night to nudge him to make sure he was still breathing. I called her that morning and she was quite upset. No back up meds?! no, I said. I said I even asked him if they gave him anything before he left to take home. No. She was a transplant nurse. She said this was unheard of and completely against protocol. She said you never send a person in danger of blood clots home without a pill or two in case their Rx gets screwed up.

I guess the moral of the story is don't get old, get sick and go to the hospital. If you ain't dead, they will kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.