04/18 - Thunderstorm Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Hmm....I may have to email them. I did mine almost two days ago. It said up to 48 hours so I'll try to remember to bug them tomorrow then.
There are two of them up. I just did the second one and it says you have to wait for your bonus until everyone has participated - decision making where you allocate between persons A & B. The first one I did this morning was a group one and that's the one I got the almost instant bonus - You know, thinking about it, that could have been for a previous one from them ???

Reactions: LucyO

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Make decisions and answer survey questions | Accept
Requester: ETH DeSciL [A13FVLMLUTH7ND] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.81] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.52] [Fast=4.90] [Comm=4.65] [Fair=4.93] [Reviews=377] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=0.00] [Pen=0.44] [Res=0.50] [Rec=88] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: Make decisions and answer survey questions.
Qualifications: Descil-E-420CDED7 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
This is a second one today.[/td][/tr] You have to wait a couple days for the bonus it says.
Thanks.
I am so out to lunch I let one cook accidentally just now for 46 minutes. I need to pay more attention.

Reactions: HelloHello

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I know I am new... but I've hit this quite often while turking.

Do surveys purposely try to make white people racist?
I don't think surveys are trying to make anybody racist. It is pretty common though for people to have certain views but claim they don't, whether they realize it or not. Many surveys will try get around that by asking questions in certain ways, to try to determine how a person really feels. I don't think that's directed at just white people though. I see it on lots of surveys that have no sort of race-restrictions or anything.

QuBoudica

Reaction score
trust me, surveys try to make everyone seem racist lol
Thanks. I just did one that it was like *do you feel bad for kids?* and I said yes... being human and a mom... and they were like WHAT IF THEY WERE BLACK?!?!? and it's like, why would my feelings change?! They are kids FFS. Sorry if I]m white and all but kids are kids.

nana

Contributor
Reaction score
So heard back from Empirical Jury.
You make a mistake that no americans make but nearly 80% of Indians make. Your name is ? If you send me a photo of a bill with that exact name and a US address on it within an hour i'll reverse the rejection.

Thinking that's against mturk terms and I am not willing to send him a picture of one of bills or my address so I guess I will eat this rejection and add them to my block list.

Reactions: HelloHello and Kliq

HelloHello

Reaction score
You make a mistake that no americans make but nearly 80% of Indians make. Your name is ? If you send me a photo of a bill with that exact name and a US address on it within an hour i'll reverse the rejection.

Thinking that's against mturk terms and I am not willing to send him a picture of one of bills or my address so I guess I will eat this rejection and add them to my block list.
Why don't you just tell them to verify you with Amazon? Then, I'd follow up with Amazon cause they're going to report you.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score

https://www.mturk.com/worker/acceptable-use-policy

Are there restrictions or prohibited uses of Amazon Mechanical Turk?

You may not use, or encourage others to use, MTurk for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing, or objectionable activities. Here are some examples of prohibited activities:

• Collecting personally identifiable information (e.g., don’t ask Workers for their email address or phone number), or otherwise attempting to derive any personally identifiable information about Workers

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

Tell them that is exactly what you had to do to verify yourself with Amazon, and if that's the name they have for you, then that's your fucking name. (Maybe w/o my exact words :p )
Tell them/remind them that asking for an address is a violation of TOS. Then report them. B/c that's messed up man.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]22.38[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]4.42[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.68[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.92[/color]] [Reviews=64] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Study Screener for Well-Being MUST be 18-30 years old (US only)(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Susan Mangan [A3DJJ8EFFLVXXF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]26.00[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Mediumslateblue]1-3 days[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.17[/color]] [Fast=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.40[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]4.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Reviews=14] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 30:00
Description: Read a screener for a new study on well-being! Must be 18-30 years old, ~2 minutes
Qualifications: Exc: [-1006306367-141380] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Purchase Task(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] (Req TV): $14.27/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.24] [Fair: 4.35] [Comm: 3.42] [Fast: 4.12]
Description:
$0.24 for 2 minutes!
Time: 20 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 110
Reward: $0.24
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Tell them that is exactly what you had to do to verify yourself with Amazon, and if that's the name they have for you, then that's your fucking name. (Maybe w/o my exact words :p )
Tell them/remind them that asking for an address is a violation of TOS. Then report them. B/c that's messed up man.
The problem is Indian turkers buy legit US accounts and then use VPNs.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I get why they do it, but the SurveyMonkey studies where they zone in on one question and you have to press ok or manually scroll down is for all intents and purposes, mildly infuriating.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I get why they do it, but the SurveyMonkey studies where they zone in on one question and you have to press ok or manually scroll down is for all intents and purposes, mildly infuriating.
I really dislike those. I feel like I'm always fighting with it to get it to select the question that I want it to select.

Status
Not open for further replies.