03/18 - Worrisome Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
You can also make beer bread. Here is one link. https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/honey-beer-bread/. For anyone that can't get yeast. No kneading required for those that can't or have hand problems.
sounds like that is the recipe i need. i looked for yeast last week at the store and they were out but there was beer so i should be able to buy some beer and flour and make my own.

jan

Reaction score
rsmath @rsmath
If you don't have a dutch oven, I have other options :)

But this is the easiest method and it works every time). If your dutch oven has plastic knobs, lower the heat slightly and put tinfoil on it to protect them :)

Pshan

Reaction score
Allllsoooo I'll go ahead and out myself as a HATER OF THE BREAD MACHINE! The overnight white by Ken Forkish is honestly the tastiest easiest bread on the face of the planet, hardest part is being patient and having timers going so you don't mess it up. So is the Bittman bread (much much easier) no bread machine needed at all. You can bake in a cast iron dutch oven for maximum crunchity crispityness or with just a regular loaf pan, you can wet them with olive oil or egg white (Or yolk!) for different colors and results. Bread is life.
I always have refrigerator dough handy, because it doesn't take as much kneading and rising time. It is so versatile for bread, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls and buns.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget Starters. Friendship bread starter is just sugar, milk and flour. https://www.marthastewart.com/318840/amish-friendship-bread. There are plenty of sites that teach you how to keep it from growing too fast, (put in freezer) and also recipes for some that do not take pudding and other uses. Also look up depression era 5 ingredient recipes. They knew how to make ends meet on a budget.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget Starters. Friendship bread starter is just sugar, milk and flour. https://www.marthastewart.com/318840/amish-friendship-bread. There are plenty of sites that teach you how to keep it from growing too fast, (put in freezer) and also recipes for some that do not take pudding and other uses. Also look up depression era 5 ingredient recipes. They knew how to make ends meet on a budget.
Charlie was so ahead of his time

Pshan

Reaction score
We may need another forum, because there are several people on here that have a wealth of knowledge. I have a well stocked pantry and know how to make yogurt, bread, cheese , etc. Always knew these skills would pay off someday.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
We may need another forum, because there are several people on here that have a wealth of knowledge. I have a well stocked pantry and know how to make yogurt, bread, cheese , etc. Always knew these skills would pay off someday.
I'm not made for this new world. I don't even know which forests to forage for Doritos.

Pshan

Reaction score
I'm not made for this new world. I don't even know which forests to forage for Doritos.
I don't know where to forage for Doritos, but I have a book that shows all the things to forage in my area.

Reactions: Kennedy

rater9

Reaction score
Title: Hearing Health, Self Esteem, and Personality | PANDA
Requester: Dorit Kransdorf [A13UNP6519S4QK] [TurkerView]
Description: Looking at hearing health and hearing loss in relation to self esteem and personality. This survey will take approximately 10 minutes.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.67
Qualifications:
  • Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 1
  • Masters Exist
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 8 min, 25 sec
Catchability: Impossible
Pros: Very quick and easy. Bubbles. Demographics.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Online Messaging Survey (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: Angela Listy [A1M2H0HAEXONBY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.38] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.86] [Fast=4.19] [Comm=3.24] [Fair=3.92] [Reviews=367] [ToS=7]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.43
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer a survey about your perceptions of online messaging.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey (less than 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ResLabCB [A3UQ261QVHS82M] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.58] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.25] [Fast=4.40] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Available: 0
Description: Short consumer survey about product evaluation

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just did a survey for the city university of Hong Kong , should i wash my hands ?
With the current rates of infection you should probably wash your hands after touching your own hands.

OCD people please do not take this seriously.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 10minute study to test a new dating chatbot - WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised. | Accept
Requester: MktResearch [A38AN0C5FUH9P6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.90] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.58] [Fast=2.21] [Comm=2.05] [Fair=2.40] [Reviews=46] [ToS=1]
Reward: 1.30
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about a new dating chatbot

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
hey everyone, theres something I wanted to talk about. I just put on facebook that people who are self quarantening should go outside and get fresh air every now and then because they can get sick staying inside too long. This has happened to me a few times over the years. has it ever happened to u guys?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
hey everyone, theres something I wanted to talk about. I just put on facebook that people who are self quarantening should go outside and get fresh air every now and then because they can get sick staying inside too long. This has happened to me a few times over the years. has it ever happened to u guys?
the only time i've ever stayed inside for more than 12 hours is if I am already so sick I cannot move.

Reactions: thedorchannel
Status
Not open for further replies.