03/18 - Worrisome Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jijab

Reaction score
kroger also here. i sent my senior (aka dad) to try to get some things that haven't been found in the store in 2 weeks since it would be freshly stocked at 7am opening so i had a feeling he'd have the best odds to find stuff.

they were still wiped out of bread. Can bread be made if i don't have a bread machine but I have flour and yeast?
Yes I make bread all the time, no bread machine. You just have to knead the dough yourself

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
kroger also here. i sent my senior (aka dad) to try to get some things that haven't been found in the store in 2 weeks since it would be freshly stocked at 7am opening so i had a feeling he'd have the best odds to find stuff.

they were still wiped out of bread. Can bread be made if i don't have a bread machine but I have flour and yeast?

jan @jan Despairagus @Despairagus calling people who make bread...

cassius

Reaction score

Of course. How do you think they did it before the bread machine was created? Hands, flour, yeast, milk, eggs, get to work! And google for the recipe. Pioneer lady will be happy to help you.

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Wonder what god thinks about Passover and easter being cancelled this year?
I think God must be understanding and okay with it. The Archdiocese leaders did not croak when they told their parrishoners that the Good Friday Pilgrimage to Chimayo' and the pilgrimage up Tome' Hill are cancelled this year due to CV concerns.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How do I contact a requester of a hit I didn't submit?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
How do I contact a requester of a hit I didn't submit?
I'm doing it right now through the requesters page on Turkerview. Is it the memory lab thing? B/c I just got halfway through that and had it tell me I hit back on my browser (I didn't).

cassius

Reaction score
I think God must be understanding and okay with it. The Archdiocese leaders did not croak when they told their parrishoners that the Good Friday Pilgrimage to Chimayo' and the pilgrimage up Tome' Hill are cancelled this year due to CV concerns.
He/She might appreciate a Princess Di now or Christ's attitude toward the leper.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score

You can also make beer bread. Here is one link. https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/honey-beer-bread/. For anyone that can't get yeast. No kneading required for those that can't or have hand problems.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm doing it right now through the requesters page on Turkerview. Is it the memory lab thing? B/c I just got halfway through that and had it tell me I hit back on my browser (I didn't).
no it was this
Title: Week 2 - receive $5 cash and a chance to win $5k. | Accept
Requester: James William Schwoebel [A1Q82VYCIW9IYS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.52] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.40] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=7] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: A 15 minute survey with multiple audio questions to give a voice file and/or read text, along with a few demographic survey questions.
Qualifications: Path1-AAAA EqualTo 1; A1-complete EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

https://www.markbittman.com/recipes-1/no-knead-bread
Easy ^
http://www.hintofvanillablog.com/home/2014/01/overnight-white-bread.html
More difficult but oh so tasty ^

If he has a food processor: http://breadbasketcase.blogspot.com/2009/12/mark-bittmans-food-processor-baguettes.html

edit: fancier but closer to American sandwich bread: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/classic-sandwich-bread-recipe

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A short consumer behavior study | Accept
Requester: hyewon cho [A2ASD1INZ4B8Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.94] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.08] [Fast=4.78] [Comm=3.75] [Fair=4.78] [Reviews=49] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: We would like to know how you think and feel about various issues (it will take about 10-15 minutes)
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Allllsoooo I'll go ahead and out myself as a HATER OF THE BREAD MACHINE! The overnight white by Ken Forkish is honestly the tastiest easiest bread on the face of the planet, hardest part is being patient and having timers going so you don't mess it up. So is the Bittman bread (much much easier) no bread machine needed at all. You can bake in a cast iron dutch oven for maximum crunchity crispityness or with just a regular loaf pan, you can wet them with olive oil or egg white (Or yolk!) for different colors and results. Bread is life.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Maybe this world we live in was supposed to end.
latest prediction says July but I'm not concerned. Every prediction has been wrong and then the idiot making the prediction blames misintrepreting something when they did their calculation.

The only end of the world I know is when the sun in its death throes gobbles up the earth and we will be long gone by then.

jan

Reaction score

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

XWarrior

Reaction score
no it was this
Title: Week 2 - receive $5 cash and a chance to win $5k. | Accept
Requester: James William Schwoebel [A1Q82VYCIW9IYS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.52] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.40] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=7] [ToS=2]
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: A 15 minute survey with multiple audio questions to give a voice file and/or read text, along with a few demographic survey questions.
Qualifications: Path1-AAAA EqualTo 1; A1-complete EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
I was able to contact them through the link in your post, they are fast communicators.

Reactions: HelloHello

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was able to contact them through the link in your post, they are fast communicators.
awesome. I messaged them. fingers crossed because getting up to $5 has been a struggle for me lately

Reactions: XWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.