03/15 - Frightening Friday

Have you voted for the best submission in this week's Survivor challenge? https://bit.ly/2JgtU2V

• Yes because I care about people other than myself.

• No because I'm a selfish monster.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Does anyone on here live in Tennessee? I do, and I was just curious if anyone else did.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty slow today..damn spring break.

Reactions: LucyO

JDWFM

Reaction score
I've always wanted to start a bonsai, but haven't done so yet. My 2 year old loves being outside and is looking forward to helping her mom with a garden this year.
Bonsai is an incredible art and form of meditation for me. It's much bigger than most people think. Here's a photo of my favorite artist and an amazing juniper:

PandaThief

Reaction score
Read that wrong, I try for about $150 weekly
Yea i'm usually happy with $150 a week as well as my low goal but some qualled stuff dropped on monday which inflated my earnings.

Reactions: spchles1

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best comment last night was the son back from college who was suppose to go see his gfs family for a week....."It's to far to drive"...it's like 90 minutes.....then he followed it with he didn't want to censor himself in front of her family....did I mention he's a flaming dick that doesn't understand that sometimes it's best to just shut the fuck up?

Reactions: ChristopherASA

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Bonsai is an incredible art and form of meditation for me. It's much bigger than most people think. Here's a photo of my favorite artist and an amazing juniper:

That is amazing. How long did that one take?

Katia2019

Reaction score
So on 1-25, I did a HIT for MBDS Penn that promised a $2.80 bonus. I only received a $0.25 bonus, so I sent them a message. This was their response last night:

Hi ...,

thank you for following up. We have experienced issues with the automatic MTurk payment system back when we have made the payments so that some workers seemingly got the standard - instead of the adjusted - payment. I will make sure to check our files tomorrow and adjust the amount accordingly.

Sorry for the hassle and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

and today I got this:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from MBDS Penn for work related to 3P6ENY9P7A6SMUBVCLZMIY0IGNRHIA.
The value of your bonus is: $2.55 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Why can't all requester's be like this?

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Title: Dining Out Choice Study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Nikolos M Gurney [A2AME6IJD611SE] (Req TV): $20.32/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Review media related to a restaurant and answer simple questions.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 56
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [-158361246-134659] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US;

3 minutes

Reactions: JCGrey and Trucker

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
I know A9's don't have a history of rejecting. But if they would reject all my pending I would have to quit turking. My approval would drop to about 60%. Maybe I shouldn't have done so many....

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I know A9's don't have a history of rejecting. But if they would reject all my pending I would have to quit turking. My approval would drop to about 60%. Maybe I shouldn't have done so many....
You should be fine. I've done tons of them and they take forever to approve, but I haven't been rejected yet :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: MeTurks and GTR

JDWFM

Reaction score
That is amazing. How long did that one take?
oh, decades. Most bonsai practitioners will not see the end game of most of their trees before they die. You should check out his youtube channel. It's fascinating.

One of my favorite time lapse videos from him:

Reactions: MeTurks and LucyO

spchles1

Reaction score
Random Question: How do you guys/girls keep track of who owes you a bonus? Or do you? I know a few people owe me a bonus from a few weeks ago, but I can't remember who for the life of me. I kind of want to start keeping track of that as much as I can.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Random Question: How do you guys/girls keep track of who owes you a bonus? Or do you? I know a few people owe me a bonus from a few weeks ago, but I can't remember who for the life of me. I kind of want to start keeping track of that as much as I can.
I believe a lot of people keep spreadsheets of it but I do not b/c I'm LAZY.

Katia2019

Reaction score
When looking for the script to make a9's easier, I came across an old reddit post of someone who got 600 rejections from A9. Apparently they have "gold questions" (probably the ones where the images are exactly alike). Not sure what types of A9's they were working on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.