02/05 - Tofu Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
mmmm snack cakes <3 I'm good. Kiddo and I are getting over the flu, and pretty sure boyfriend has it now. Hopefully we don't play flu tag.
oh no, flu sucks :( Hopefully it's the mild one and not the knock you on your ass one. You can have some of my snack cakes. I bought an absurd amount. (Zebra cakes for me and matt. Cherry something or other for me, and banana twins for matt.)

I bought them like 4 days ago and we haven't opened them yet.

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
Just want to cap on these dumb things so I can get on with my day. Gotta go pick up my new blender, can't wait to throw a bunch of random stuff in it!
I recommend Coconut, Blackberry and some Vanilla. I've been experimenting since Sondi told us about Coconut Blueberry

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
oh no, flu sucks :( Hopefully it's the mild one and not the knock you on your ass one. You can have some of my snack cakes. I bought an absurd amount. (Zebra cakes for me and matt. Cherry something or other for me, and banana twins for matt.)

I bought them like 4 days ago and we haven't opened them yet.
"hopefully it's the mild one" lol
those are not my preferred snack cakes. I like the streusel ones :drool: also 4 days is hella long for snack cakes to be unopened

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
"hopefully it's the mild one" lol
those are not my preferred snack cakes. I like the streusel ones :drool: also 4 days is hella long for snack cakes to be unopened
lol I didn't even think about what I was saying there. (story of my life.) Man I love me some zebra cakes. And swiss cake rolls. But the cherry ones are like valentines day only (I think) so I got them.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Dang 20 hrs?! Have you looked into a treadmill desk?:thumbup:
No. I move enough. I'm all over the place. They're not a solid proven tech yet. Just interesting gizmos, imo. I don't think enough time has been spent on figuring out the kinetics of walking with the bottom half and keeping the top half stable and rigid, to complete computer tasks. Sounds like it would be a pain on my neck and spine. Plus i'm not a big fan of treadmills in general. Shit on the ankles and knees. I'm up and down and in and out all day. And I walk to the store every 2-3 hours for a coffee.:)

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No. I move enough. I'm all over the place. They're not a solid proven tech yet. Just interesting gizmos, imo. I don't think enough time has been spent on figuring out the kinetics of walking with the bottom half and keeping the top half stable and rigid, to complete computer tasks. Sounds like it would be a pain on my neck and spine. Plus i'm not a big fan of treadmills in general. Shit on the ankles and knees. I'm up and down and in and out all day. And I walk to the store every 2-3 hours for a coffee.:)
I tried working while using my elliptical a few times. Did not work well.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I tried working while using my elliptical a few times. Did not work well.
I bet. IYou have to just bite the bullet and get up and move occasionally. That said, I read a bunch of debunking research that was done to disprove the "sitting is the new smoking" study.Who knows.

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I bet. IYou have to just bite the bullet and get up and move occasionally. That said, I read a bunch of debunking research that was done to disprove the "sitting is the new smoking" study.Who knows.
Yeah I hop on the elliptical when my back starts feeling like garbage.

I do want a standing desk, though! I don't like sitting for long periods. Makes my hips feel like old lady hips. Plus I'm a very jittery person. I wanna dance around while I do these Z's.

Reactions: Jerami and savvy

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score

I do want a standing desk, though! I don't like sitting for long periods. Makes my hips feel like old lady hips. Plus I'm a very jittery person. I wanna dance around while I do these Z's.
Currently taking a dance break from Zs.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reading this without context my brain thought they'd figured out a way to use one's heartbeat to power things. Which would be kinda cool
Actually, I was thinking about a system that you could put into winter coats for the arctic and whatnot, that would charge your phone or a heater, or whatever. If you use peltier elements and the inside of your coat is hot and the subzero outside is cold, you can convert that into electricity, converting the energy given off as heat into a usable current.:)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

This worked for me at a bit over $100. Everything else of good quality was in the $300 range. And, since this thin is on an arm, mounted to the wall, a can swing it around like a dance partner.:)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9D61D3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.