• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm doing 2 big festivals this year, Electric Forest and Lost Lands for sure. (plus a smaller local bluegrass fest with my fam + kids) Although, there is so many I wanna go to!
For years i went 4 times a summer to a festival about 2 hours away from where i live, it was basically home away from home, i knew hundreds of the regulars, it was great. But the company that owned the place ended up going out of business and i never found another localish festival that i liked as much.

Reactions: FrenchToast

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm doing 2 big festivals this year, Electric Forest and Lost Lands for sure. (plus a smaller local bluegrass fest with my fam + kids) Although, there is so many I wanna go to!
I love bluegrass. I'm so sorry your pipes froze and Sondi @Sondi that you lost power. Tell your hubs that if he's staying here a few days it is supposed to warm up and rain so it will be warmer but probably very wet.

Sarcasmologist

Profanity really makes the sentence!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ooooh I want a cat DNA test so I can tell what percentage of butthole my cat is! Seems like 85% today.
I'm actually wondering what the result options are...

... you are 50% french?
...your father is mr buttercup who is currently doing time in oklahoma?
...your ideal profession is interior designer?
... you are a cat

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I love bluegrass. I'm so sorry your pipes froze and Sondi @Sondi that you lost power. Tell your hubs that if he's staying here a few days it is supposed to warm up and rain so it will be warmer but probably very wet.
Omg :eek:

He'll only be in Chicago Friday and Saturday now so not too long of a trip!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering what the result options are...

... you are 50% french?
...your father is mr buttercup who is currently doing time in oklahoma?
...your ideal profession is interior designer?
... you are a cat
There are SOME genetic things about cats that you can trace, like they can track the movement patterns of diff groups (like vikings, huns, etc whatever, folks who moved a long long time ago) by the color of the cats typically found in the area. It's kinda neat!

Mine is a black and white turdbox so who knows where she's from. "The Good Place" I think. 50% super sweet 50% buttholes.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
For years i went 4 times a summer to a festival about 2 hours away from where i live, it was basically home away from home, i knew hundreds of the regulars, it was great. But the company that owned the place ended up going out of business and i never found another localish festival that i liked as much.
This is me with Electric Forest. Though its a huge fest, its local to me, I know so so many regulars, I get that home/family feeling.

One of my besties had this happen in their house as well! UGH!! The bluegrass fest will always have a special place in my heart, it was my first camping festival ever, and I love that its family friendly.

There are SOME genetic things about cats that you can trace, like they can track the movement patterns of diff groups (like vikings, huns, etc whatever, folks who moved a long long time ago) by the color of the cats typically found in the area. It's kinda neat!

Mine is a black and white turdbox so who knows where she's from. "The Good Place" I think. 50% super sweet 50% buttholes.
Now I want to do this, my newest rescue is some sort of mix between Maine Coon and Turkish Van I believe, 100% a-hole. and it would be kinda fun to see for sure.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
so... sometimes I do the amazon giveaways... of course I've never won... but, my mystery giveaway today was a cat DNA test... i have never been more confused in my life.
Confused, perhaps. But now at least your cat can get some neat info about him/herself at Ancestry.com. :)

Reactions: themildone

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I just found out that sometime within the past 2 hours all of our water pipes froze :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Shit :hug:I'm sorry. I've only had to deal with this once, but was lucky enough to be a day with a solid warm up in the afternoon. The environmentalist in me cringed at leaving my faucets on a quick drip last night, but now I'm glad I did.

HelloHello

Reaction score
MTurk Image Counting (Jiayi Bao) - Day Three Click Test

Reactions: Trucker

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Looks like they fixed the sexism hits, by adding a none of these option.

Reactions: themildone

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Shit :hug:I'm sorry. I've only had to deal with this once, but was lucky enough to be a day with a solid warm up in the afternoon. The environmentalist in me cringed at leaving my faucets on a quick drip last night, but now I'm glad I did.
Pragmatism wins over philosophy. A good thing!

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I left mine dripping last night. I actually managed to make a pot of coffee this morning too. And then I noticed the dripping had stopped at some point.
Edit: we have a heater for the basement, so as soon as we get it back from the neighbor, we'll start the thawing process.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is me with Electric Forest. Though its a huge fest, its local to me, I know so so many regulars, I get that home/family feeling.

One of my besties had this happen in their house as well! UGH!! The bluegrass fest will always have a special place in my heart, it was my first camping festival ever, and I love that its family friendly.

Now I want to do this, my newest rescue is some sort of mix between Maine Coon and Turkish Van I believe, 100% a-hole. and it would be kinda fun to see for sure.
I just checked out Electric Forest, seems pretty similar to the Schwagstock festivals i used to go to, except probably three times more people. I see they are already sold out too. It looks amazing though.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchToast

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I left mine dripping last night. I actually managed to make a pot of coffee this morning too. And then I noticed the dripping had stopped at some point.
Edit: we have a heater for the basement, so as soon as we get it back from the neighbor, we'll start the thawing process.
Damn. I know I should say the silver lining is that you got to make a pot of coffee before they froze, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to make you feel better. lol :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.