01/22 - Tabby Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xqyzt

Reaction score
Not even seeing any Zoltar's this morning, but from the sounds of it, no big loss. Some of those MLDataLabeler bounding boxes are money, though.

nmelssx

Reaction score
.....most hits should be qualled by that logic though.

Couple things here - they've been around for YEARS on Mturk. And they used to pay pretty well, and have a variety of hits. They, at one point, probably got the quality of work they were looking for. As the quality dropped, so did the pay unfortunately. We went months without even seeing Zoltar before, at least they haven't just disappear like other requesters. With them going up and down on the pay, hell maybe they're even trying to work with us. IDK.
Then at the point where the quality dropped they should've handed out quals for the workers who are matching the criteria that they wanted and disqualify the people who are submitting nonsense answers. Punishing both the good workers and bad workers all together by dropping the pay for everyone isn't fair nor will it increase the the quality of the work they'll get from the workers.

The good workers will just be discouraged from working on any more of the lower paying HITs while the bad workers will just keep on random spamming away, which in turn will just give them even more worse data. So in conclusion, dropping the pay is NOT the correct way in ensuring that they will get higher quality data from the workers.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenTemple

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Man I haven't done Zs in a while, that was a really nice start to my day :)

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Income Across the US (~10 mins, $1.00)(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ashley Whillans [AVIRSTWM4Q90X] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.24] [Pay=3.21] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.24] [Fast=3.55] [Comm=3.40] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=36] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.06] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=17%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 17
Description: Answer a survey about income distributions in the US (~10 mins, $1.00)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [124084-123495] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Appen 200 Universal Student MUSHRA | Accept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - RVD Team [A116XPE56JVGXQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.11] [Pay=3.89] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.22] [Fast=4.40] [Comm=3.43] [Fair=4.51] [Reviews=89] [ToS=3]
TO2: [Hrly=10.91] [Pen=0.44 days] [Res=null] [Rec=67%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Your task is to rate a number of speech samples side-by-side in terms of naturalness on a scale from 0 (very poor) to 100 (completely natural).
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
For the ML's? I get errors maybe 1/50. There's no penalty to return, so I just fllpppttt it away.
My errors are more like 1 in 5. Really kills the hourly returning that many.

Then at the point where the quality dropped they should've handed out quals for the workers who are matching the criteria that they wanted and disqualify the people who are submitting nonsense answers. Punishing both the good workers and bad workers all together by dropping the pay for everyone isn't fair nor will it increase the the quality of the work they'll get from the workers.

The good workers will be discouraged from working on any more of the lower paying HITs while the bad workers will just keep random spamming away, which in turn will just give them even more worse data. So in conclusion, dropping the pay is NOT the correct way in ensuring that they will get higher quality data from the workers.
I get where you are coming from, I really do. But you have to look at it from the requesters side. They shouldn't have to change what they do (add quals) because of shitty workers. I'm positive it's easier for them to drop the pay than set up quals, though not fair to workers..... And honestly from a business standpoint, if you are continually receiving a subpar product from a supplier, you either don't use them anymore or negotiate prices.

nmelssx

Reaction score
My errors are more like 1 in 5. Really kills the hourly returning that many.

I get where you are coming from, I really do. But you have to look at it from the requesters side. They shouldn't have to change what they do (add quals) because of shitty workers. I'm positive it's easier for them to drop the pay than set up quals, though not fair to workers..... And honestly from a business standpoint, if you are continually receiving a subpar product from a supplier, you either don't use them anymore or negotiate prices.
Except in this case they are receiving multiple products with differentiating qualities from multiple individuals. By dropping the pay, they are saying that workers who submit 10/10 star products should get pay the same as workers who submit 1/10 star products. I'm sure it's easier to just drop the pay all together for everyone instead of just providing quals for the batches, but in the end who does that benefit?

It neither benefits the requester nor the workers who submit good quality data. They'll just keep getting bad data from the bad workers who doesn't care much about the pay drop, because they're just random clicking anyways, and the good data they get from the good workers will drop as well, since if the good workers are going to get paid the same as the bad workers who are random clicking, why would the good workers even bother working on the batches any more?

The easier decisions in life aren't always the correct decisions.

Last edited:

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that was nice. Logged in to an $8.50 hit and another $2. But now that CAD keeps lighting up the Hit Forker, and I get excited thinking it's another survey.

nmelssx

Reaction score
Well, that was nice. Logged in to an $8.50 hit and another $2. But now that CAD keeps lighting up the Hit Forker, and I get excited thinking it's another survey.
What's the $8.50 hit?

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Mornin' Folks :coffee3:
Somehow i went to bed early last night but still slept in late, i sleep extra good in the cold weather.

Kind of bummed from yesterday too, found out i was making too much money to keep my health insurance. Got to find out exactly how much i can make and still keep it because i definitely have to have health insurance, and definitely cannot afford the Obamacare nonsense.

Last edited:

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Transcription from audio | PANDA
Requester: Transcribe This [A5QQWO2U81GM6] (Req TV): $8.74/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 2.84] [Comm: 1.52] [Fast: 3.58]
Description:
Listen to a 18 seconds audio clip and transcribe what is said. You must have flash installed to review the audio.
Time: 9 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.18
Qualifications: None;

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Milestones and Memories Study | PANDA
Requester: DBM Epstein Lab [A2UFLK33FQ3PVT] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 3.67]
Description:
A survey looking at differences in ways of thinking, memory, and decision-making
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: DBM_MM DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Milestones and Memories Study | PANDA
Requester: DBM Epstein Lab [A2UFLK33FQ3PVT] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 3.67]
Description:
A survey looking at differences in ways of thinking, memory, and decision-making
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: DBM_MM DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;
Had to return didn't qual.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.