01/21 - Mantra Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Brief (1 min) screening survey for higher paying surveys (~15-20min, $1.75; ~10min, $1) on work/career, life, and social support | Accept
Requester: Sean Flanagan [A2153VB1WR5HUH] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 10:00
Available: 1
Description: Brief (1 min) screening survey to determine eligibility for two higher paying surveys (~15-20min, $1.75; ~10min, $1) on work/career, life, and social support.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Completed Screening Already DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just saying that if high earners post what they worked on it would hurt requesters and workers too.

You'll have Johnny Newturker with his 90% approval rating going "Oh I can do that too" and bam the requester never ever comes back because they got a pile of shit data. Many such cases.
How is Johnny Newturker going to be able to access the vast bulk of HITs that require the higher, and more usual, approval rates?

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Our poor puppy. He went bounding out the back with me, this morning - to head out to the yard. We got about 1/4 way down the path and he turned right around.

The snow was too deep!
Awwww :( He's got a long way until spring.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I always post what I see, including batches.

That's what the forum is for. :)

I know that some don't - and what have you - but - my job is to try to help. I'm not the most savvy turker out there - but I do whatever I can.
And MASSIVE thank you's for realizing and doing that !

Reactions: Kennedy and jan

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about people in photos (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: IU Kap Lab [A13Y9TN4ZANH4Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.99] [Pay=4.27] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.92] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=4.67] [Fair=3.91] [Reviews=46] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=7.34] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=0]
Reward: 7.00
Duration: 1 day
Description: You will see a series of photos and answer questions regarding the people in those photos.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
I'm just saying that if high earners post what they worked on it would hurt requesters and workers too.

You'll have Johnny Newturker with his 90% approval rating going "Oh I can do that too" and bam the requester never ever comes back because they got a pile of shit data. Many such cases.
It's okay if we disagree on this. People are welcome to brag about their numbers where ever they like. If they only want that praise, and offer no help to my progress or work... they earn being ignored.

Which is one reason it's great to have diversity here, with many differing opinions, and boundaries among us. Those that want to share numbers without a reason for me personally to engage, are welcome to do so.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
my job is to try to help. I'm not the most savvy turker out there - but I do whatever I can.
My job and everyone's job on here is to make money.
If I help a person here or there I'm happy to but my job is take care of mine.

How is Johnny Newturker going to be able to access the vast bulk of HITs that require the higher, and more usual, approval rates?
It's one example.
But just like with the bot scare which turned out to be foreign users using US accounts acquired via purchase or phishing they could use that manner to get in.
Only takes a couple bad apples to ruin a requester.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I woke up to $3.92 worth of bonuses approved to start the day. That's approximately 20% of my daily goal. I have today off of work, and I'm not sure how that will affect my earnings. I might turk more...and I might turk less :D

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Which is one reason it's great to have diversity here, with many differing opinions, and boundaries among us. Those that want to share numbers without a reason for me personally to engage, are welcome to do so.
You have a very calm and nice way of dealing with disagreement. That is a nice skill to have, and a nice one to see. I admire that.

... and I have a sense about how that happens (the adding of letters to other text) but it's too ... subtle for me to try and explain. And thanks for your reply!
Good that you have an idea about how it happens! I wouldn't have any idea and would 100% blame aliens/someone messing with my stuff.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
same, although i don't really care for batches, ill post them if i see them.
i prefer it to cryptic messages from people talking about a batch after it's gone!
I hate cryptic messages but it is what it is, if they shared it openly sure, I'll get my dollar from the batch and so will everyone else, but I'd make more if I tried to figure it out myself than if they posted the name.

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about activities - 5-10 minute survey | Accept
Requester: Consumer Survey Research [A3GL1U6O4WVL8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.96] [Pay=2.78] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.78] [Fast=4.78] [Comm=4.54] [Fair=4.81] [Reviews=249] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=5.41] [Pen=2.78 days] [Res=null] [Rec=80%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 30:00
Description: A 5-10 minute survey about your activities over the past few days. This is a repost of a prior survey and those who have taken it on or after 7/9/2018 will not be able to repeat it.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Dhaze

Reaction score
I was bored and spent 3 hours doing the trace boundaries batch, got $32 from it last night before the reset as well (My photoshop tracing skills actually came in handy lol)...my wrists hurt though so im done with that for the day XD, probably just mess with surveys the rest of the day.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
:tinfoil: veeerrrry weird. How close are you to that Alien compound in the desert?
LOL.. Years ago I heard local rumors about an alien spaceship having landed here. But I figure anyone who decids to live in an environment that gets up to 120° ... anyone like that has to be a bit nutso to begin with. :)

jan

Reaction score
Just as an FYI
We've had these discussions before and the position of the board is to either share or be quiet.

People do as they do - fine. But as a board we don't want folks to be speaking in sotto voce.

If you're intent on it, I guess PM. But if you're going to post - the intention should be to make a public post that helps the board.

Okay :)

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Daniel B. Wesley [A1IZSMM5LM8Y6O] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.33
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Give us your opinion about our products
Qualifications: Already took my survey DoesNotExist ; Gender - Female EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Yay I did my first Prolific study. Only 0.24, but it was the first one I was able to do. The others I tried got error messages.
Also, my husband is about to fix biscuits and gravy, so that is a bonus right there!

jan

Reaction score
Title: Training qualifier to do UserBob HITs (German speakers only) | Accept
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.01] [Pay=4.32] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.70] [Fast=4.99] [Comm=4.93] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=87] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=22.09] [Pen=0.45 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Qualifications: Reviewer DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.