01/20 Sunday Bloody Sunday, er, Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Hi y'all! I haven't turked in a while. Is there a quick way to find out what scripts I have installed? Also my link to HitScraper isn't working anymore???
when I go up to greasemonkey, the dropdown menu has them all right there.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Have a good afternoon everyone! I made $1.25 :D But, my main goal was to do some online shopping. Now time to relax and do even less.
It amazes me how mentally intense online shopping is. I did some last night (a couple of goodies and some necessities) and now I am debating over ordering some microfiber pads for the Swifter to get away from the expensive disposable ones . . .

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Remember if you haven't already to contact mturk-worker-support@amazon.com and tell them you find the weekly worker activity report useful, otherwise they're stopping it on February 10th.

I'd still love to know whose input they're apparently listening to on stuff like this as it seems consistently bad.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Remember if you haven't already to contact mturk-worker-support@amazon.com and tell them you find the weekly worker activity report useful, otherwise they're stopping it on February 10th.

I'd still love to know whose input they're apparently listening to on stuff like this as it seems consistently bad.
My belief is that they simply wanted to save time and money and they just said it came from the workers to avoid a dispute.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
It is currently 10 degrees (feels like -3 according to weather channel) and it is supposed to be -6 (with something like -20 windchill) at 7am tomorrow. I'm already counting on my kids not having school. However I think we are done with snow or anything for now, just cold, cold and colder.
Lowest we've gotten here is 37°, and that's cold enough for me. Expensive to run this darn space heater all day and most of the night.

Reactions: FrenchToast

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I decided today would be a good day to go out and socialize with a few old friends, mturk tends to deprive me of human contact lol. Looks like i didn't miss anything while i was gone though.
It's best not to judge a Turking day by what I make.

Reactions: cyberwasp

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Lowest we've gotten here is 37°, and that's cold enough for me. Expensive to run this darn space heater all day and most of the night.
Yeah when its this cold out, we are miserable in our house (built in 1848). Right now we have an electric heater, a propane wall heater, and our wood stove going. Its 60-70 depending on where you are in the house, but we are definitely paying for it! :cry::cry:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score

I don't think there really was a "whose input" involved. I think it was invented out of whole cloth.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah when its this cold out, we are miserable in our house (built in 1848). Right now we have an electric heater, a propane wall heater, and our wood stove going. Its 60-70 depending on where you are in the house, but we are definitely paying for it! :cry::cry:
1848!!! Neato!!

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you really have a pretty good life, my friend, everything taken into account. [envy emoticon]
Grass is always greener. I left this island at age 18 saying I'd never return, and here I am pushing 50 and... well, I'm back. I lived in Boston and SF for most of my adult life. It's not bad here. There's no crime, I have friends on the island so It's not too isolating. It's very remote - the closest movie theater is like a 30 minute drive away. In the summer it's choked with tourists.

I actually paid off the mortgage and gifted back my father a life tenancy couple of weeks ago, mostly so that I wouldn't be homeless and completely broke if he needs nursing care. It killed my savings to do it, but it's worth it. I have been looking after him more than I've been working, and that really hits the lifetime PE...

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. Before I moved back to Maine, I lived in Salem, MA. My house was built in 1708. Put a lot of love into that house, but it was not warm unless you slept on a run next to the fireplace.

Reactions: FrenchToast and jan

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
:thumbdown:

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jan 19, 2019.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 15

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 16
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $0.71
- HIT reward earned: $37.96
- Total Amount earned this week: $38.67

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I've got my fireplace going. It's 50 degrees.

I'm on the board with 3 cents.

Reactions: cyberwasp and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.