01/20 Sunday Bloody Sunday, er, Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
I'm cheap when it comes to....everything but food and travel.
Thank you for the well wishes!
Absolutely, and we're still much in common. I'm really only a 1X. lol

I'd like to spend more on food and would if I had it. Life's too short. If I had my druthers I'd look like my avatar on fine wine, scotch, cheese, meats, sweetmeats, offal, pies, puddings, concoctions. Casseroles.

Home-canned goodies.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely, and we're still much in common. I'm really only a 1X. lol

I'd like to spend more on food and would if I had it. Life's too short. If I had my druthers I'd look like my avatar on fine wine, scotch, cheese, meats, sweetmeats, offal, pies, puddings, concoctions. Casseroles.

Home-canned goodies.
I don't know what a sweetmeat or offal is.
But, I'm all in on the cheese and pies! And today I will probably be making a bacon cheeseburger casserole.

splishsplash

Reaction score
Well...that would require me leaving the house :D It's hard to be lazy and stay warm in these temps if I actually leave the comfort of these four walls.
I like those hospital pajamas though.

Reactions: Kennedy

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
The HITs have to be there to make PE. Back when I started it was easy to get $10/day in 2 hours, even for a noob. Now it's a seems a lot harder even to make even $5. I work on other sites too just to get to $10/day, and a lot of days I don't even make $5.

I'm told it's easier to make money with Masters, but I think they'll be awarding that qual to my account long after I've passed away in my chair.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 209

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 434
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $0.45
- HIT reward earned: $39.37
- Total Amount earned this week: $39.82

HOW DO ANY OF YOU HAVE FUNCTIONAL LIVES AND STILL DO THIS? Ugh, having such a terrible week trying to balance life and making time to do this. My goal is around $100/wk, although $200 can be done easily for me. I'm just not feeling it. I'm in a rut.

Reactions: xqyzt and jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: 2 minute survey about your moral attitudes (University of Pennsylvania) | Accept
Requester: Corey [AV2BGVM2AVGLA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.66] [Pay=3.83] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.17] [Fast=4.92] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.93] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a short survey about some of your moral and political attitudes for a social psychology experiment.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 93; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

splishsplash

Reaction score
I don't know what a sweetmeat or offal is.
But, I'm all in on the cheese and pies! And today I will probably be making a bacon cheeseburger casserole.
I'm just messing around. Sweemeats are organs and offal is organs. I'm actually not against them I love liver and onions, liver sausage of any type, kidney pie... just haven't had much. Never had a haggis.

I wouldn't eat a brain on scientific objection. Prions are scary as heckin.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just messing around. Sweemeats are organs and offal is organs. I'm actually not against them I love liver and onions, liver sausage of any type, kidney pie... just haven't had much. Never had a haggis.

I wouldn't eat a brain on scientific objection. Prions are scary as heckin.
Oic. Gonna have to pass on all of the above, lol. Liver is not my thing.

Reactions: splishsplash

HelloHello

Reaction score
I can not get warm. Nearing 0 today with negative temps tomorrow. Luckily, we didn't get much snow yesterday. Mostly was freezing rain and maybe three inches.
I feel ya - It's more like nightfall than midmorning here - :matrix: - I have a great little ceramic heater (desktop size) that I picked up at Walmart 3 years ago and I aim it right at myself. It's one of the best things I've ever bought!

HelloHello

Reaction score
I'm trying to do a little online shopping for upcoming surgery. Realized I can't wear jeans home, and I'm not leaving there in pajama bottoms. Searched for looser fitting workout type bottoms. $40-$60. Are you shitting me? Finally found some for $20 and they were a 5X. I did not realize that workout clothes cost so much, which would explain why the cheap ones were sold out on the more common sizes.
Try Walmart for men's sweatpants like Hanes brand. I assume you're only going to wear them for your recovery period.

Reactions: jan and Kennedy

jan

Reaction score
I suppose getting a whole lot less than they thought is much better than getting double :)
2 feet, here. There's still some snow falling out there - though mostly flurries. I need to go out again and clear it -
Tonight will be below zero

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel ya - It's more like nightfall than midmorning here - :matrix: - I have a great little ceramic heater (desktop size) that I picked up at Walmart 3 years ago and I aim it right at myself. It's one of the best things I've ever bought!
Awesome! Guess what is at my foot, too- ceramic heater! Whole reason I am at computer right now, lol. Hope you keep warm!

Brovaries

Wake-N-..Turk
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jan 19, 2019.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 294

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 223
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $12.19
- HIT reward earned: $117.00
- Total Amount earned this week: $129.19

I'm happy with this after being gone for a year+ and not turking too seriously back then. This is probably one of my best weeks (or 5 days) ever on turk :D

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Try Walmart for men's sweatpants like Hanes brand. I assume you're only going to wear them for your recovery period.
Yes. I don't own any. I'm all jeans all the time, lol.

Reactions: HelloHello

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
2 feet, here. There's still some snow falling out there - though mostly flurries. I need to go out again and clear it -
Tonight will be below zero
2 ft. I really can't even fathom that. Is there any blowing or drifting from it?

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Awesome! Guess what is at my foot, too- ceramic heater! Whole reason I am at computer right now, lol. Hope you keep warm!
I am pretty warm, it works well. The best part is it was $10. I'd buy another one if I could find one - it's a no-name.

jan

Reaction score
2 ft. I really can't even fathom that. Is there any blowing or drifting from it?
Not much at this point, but I haven't been outside for 3 hours or so. It was well above my boots! So, it was hard to get down to the backyard (have to, the dog).

It's going to snow all next week - just a bit - and at that point, I have no idea where to pile the stuff. That's going to be the biggest challenge. (Oh, and that ice tonight).
I did great last night, though. I shoveled at about 10pm (like, an inch?), then again at 2:30am (about 6 or more inches? IDK); then again at 4am (a whole lot).
Then the neighbor did the rest (technically, we both own the driveway - I use it for driving and such, he just needs it clear to get the gas truck to deliver - he has a driveway/parking lot on the other side).

Reactions: FrenchToast

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Not much at this point, but I haven't been outside for 3 hours or so. It was well above my boots! So, it was hard to get down to the backyard (have to, the dog).

It's going to snow all next week - just a bit - and at that point, I have no idea where to pile the stuff. That's going to be the biggest challenge. (Oh, and that ice tonight).
I did great last night, though. I shoveled at about 10pm (like, an inch?), then again at 2:30am (about 6 or more inches? IDK); then again at 4am (a whole lot).
Then the neighbor did the rest (technically, we both own the driveway - I use it for driving and such, he just needs it clear to get the gas truck to deliver - he has a driveway/parking lot on the other side).
That is a whole lot of snow activity in the middle of the night. Are most winters this gnarly for you?

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.