Title: Provide your opinions on social issues and get ONE dollar! | Accept
Requester: Ying-yi Hong [A1EOLHFBG6040P] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 4.08] [Comm: 3.67] [Fair: 4.29] [Reviews: 72] [ToS: 3]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 1
Description: This HIT requires responses on PC's. It will take about 20 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
shit to, probably shit

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Measuring brand preferences - YOU MUST HAVE A FAVORITE BRAND TO PARTICIPATE | Accept
Requester: SmithOscar [AKL99MZHRN058] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $14.60] [Pay: 3.82] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.36] [Fast: 4.82] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.98] [Reviews: 76] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.08] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.20
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 14
Description: Measuring brand preferences - MUST HAVE A FAVORITE BRAND TO PARTICIPATE
Requirements: Already taken DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; brand DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A short academic study! | Accept
Requester: Mac SI [A1S9VEQE3KRJQY] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $4.25] [Pay: 1.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.68] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 58] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.30
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: This is a short academic study. It takes about 3 minutes.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to take care of him. Not that I'm one of those people that hops on health bandwagons, They say that exposing you baby to animals/pets gives them most of the same unities as if the child had been playing where the animal had been. (Garbage, running outside,killing birds etc) Obviously a good thing since lack of early exposure is already starting to rear it's ugly head. Gen X started the clean/bleach/antibiotic/antimicrobial deal, thinking a sterile environment would be the best place to raise a child.
Sorry. Not trying to be weird and preachy, or anything at all like that. I just like you and, by extension, your baby.:baby: Thats' why the suggestion. Also, I know that it's your kid and... we know how that statement ends, lol. I just saw a bunch of Dr speaking on the topic of peanuts. Then it strayed to allergens and then immunities.

Care about you and the baby and, when you all get sick it makes me think of stuff like that.:)

Platonic-ally yours,
Jerami
My baby's favorite hobby rn is eating trash so we are not really a sterile-super-clean household :ROFL: I totally get where you're coming from... I've actually had my lysol wipes for like a year and haven't used any yet so hopefully they are still good! I'm more thinking of protecting anyone that may visit us in the near future (like my in-laws). I grew up with dogs, cats, birds, etc but we don't have any pets now -- so I like to make sure that my kids are around animals often enough that at least they aren't afraid of them.

And as for allergies, etc, the new thing is exposing them early -- so baby has had nuts, shellfish, wheat, soy, dairy, etc already :angelic:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My baby's favorite hobby rn is eating trash so we are not really a sterile-super-clean household :ROFL: I totally get where you're coming from... I've actually had my lysol wipes for like a year and haven't used any yet so hopefully they are still good! I'm more thinking of protecting anyone that may visit us in the near future (like my in-laws). I grew up with dogs, cats, birds, etc but we don't have any pets now -- so I like to make sure that my kids are around animals often enough that at least they aren't afraid of them.

And as for allergies, etc, the new thing is exposing them early -- so baby has had nuts, shellfish, wheat, soy, dairy, etc already :angelic:
You know what you're doing. I'll shut up now.:wink:

Reactions: Sondi

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to take care of him. Not that I'm one of those people that hops on health bandwagons but, they(Doctors) say that exposing your baby to animals/pets gives them most of the same imunities as if the child had been playing where the animal had been. (Garbage, running outside,killing birds etc) Obviously a good thing since lack of early exposure is already starting to rear it's ugly head. Gen X started the clean/bleach/antibiotic/antimicrobial deal, thinking a sterile environment would be the best place to raise a child.
Sorry. Not trying to be weird and preachy, or anything at all like that. I just like you and, by extension, your baby.:baby: Thats' why the suggestion. Also, I know that it's your kid and... we know how that statement ends, lol. I just saw a bunch of Dr's speaking on the topic of peanuts. Then it strayed to allergens and then immunities.

Care about you and the baby and, when you all get sick it makes me think of stuff like that.:)

Platonic-ally yours,
Jerami
It was just a marketing thing. New products require new needs, pretty standard. You convince someone they have a need, and that's basically how the whole 'super clean' thing got started. Think of the billions in Antimicrobial Soaps, hand sanitizers, etc. We do all kinds of work for stuff like that here. And if Lysol has it, then Dawn needs it, now Ajax can't be left out... no one decided to ruin everyone's immune system or make little kids deathly ill from peanut butter, it just happened.

Re: Unabomber Manifesto

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ugh Tampermonkey had an update and now none of my scripts are working :shifty:
I thought somethin was a bit fucky.

So, I looked outside at 2am thinking I was going to the store. 12 degrees. Nope. I figured I'd wait until the sun comes up, that will make it warmer. Nope. Down to 5 now.
It was just a marketing thing.
Assuming sterile environments were better for babies was not a marketing thing. It was a doctor thing. They assumed less pathogens, less disease. As with some experiments, it didn't survive time and was proven incorrect.
no one decided to ruin everyone's immune system or make little kids deathly ill from peanut butter, it just happened.
Wasn't saying people went about the task of weakening immune systems purposefully. That's kinda crazy:tinfoil:.

But, it didn't just happen. Rain just happens. This was an idea by a bunch of really smart people, that happened to be wrong.
Don't know where you got the conspiracy theory stuff but, that's not my cup of tea. Thanks though. Pretty sure you misunderstood the post.

TL/DR
Dr's thought, "keep babies from germs"
Dr's happened to be wrong, it happens.
Dr's now say, build your baby's immune system.

That's the entire post in a nutshell.

EDIT Also, I'm done with the topic.:)
No hard feelings.

Last edited:

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Jerami

GRR

Reaction score
Title: Provide your opinions on social issues and get ONE dollar! | Accept
Requester: Ying-yi Hong [A1EOLHFBG6040P] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 4.08] [Comm: 3.67] [Fair: 4.29] [Reviews: 72] [ToS: 3]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 40 minutes
Description: This HIT requires responses on PC's. It will take about 20 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
shit to, probably shit

more writing than I am going to do right now...returned

edit: Thanks for posting tho!

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

with my kid, we were told to introduce a new jar of baby food each week so that if there are any allergies, we can easily narrow down the problem
it seems really risky, like what if the baby is allergic to nuts?

not only that, but people can develop and change allergies throughout their lives - a guy I work with found out he was allergic to shellfish when he was in his 30s, despite having enjoyed them until he was about twenty, and having discomfort thereafter until one day his throat closed up

jan

Reaction score
Think my truck is a transformer or something, I keep getting youtube suggestions to watch how to super clean your trucks engine.
My recommended article was a lifehacker article on what to do if you receive your neighbors mail.

They obviously think I'm an idiot:arghh:

Status
Not open for further replies.