01/15 - Miracle Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
My baby's favorite hobby rn is eating trash so we are not really a sterile-super-clean household :ROFL: I totally get where you're coming from... I've actually had my lysol wipes for like a year and haven't used any yet so hopefully they are still good! I'm more thinking of protecting anyone that may visit us in the near future (like my in-laws). I grew up with dogs, cats, birds, etc but we don't have any pets now -- so I like to make sure that my kids are around animals often enough that at least they aren't afraid of them.

And as for allergies, etc, the new thing is exposing them early -- so baby has had nuts, shellfish, wheat, soy, dairy, etc already :angelic:
My daughter's FAVORITE (and I mean absolute favorite) was when she heard the dog food hit the metal bowl.

She'd come crawling from all over the house! Sometimes, I'd go into a room and I'd see the hallmark drool and a big smile :).

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My daughter's FAVORITE (and I mean absolute favorite) was when she heard the dog food hit the metal bowl.

She'd come crawling from all over the house! Sometimes, I'd go into a room and I'd see the hallmark drool and a big smile :).
Sometimes you wonder if it's still as tasty as you remember. I did that as a baby. Explains a lot.

Reactions: jan and Sondi

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
with my kid, we were told to introduce a new jar of baby food each week so that if there are any allergies, we can easily narrow down the problem
it seems really risky, like what if the baby is allergic to nuts?

not only that, but people can develop and change allergies throughout their lives - a guy I work with found out he was allergic to shellfish when he was in his 30s, despite having enjoyed them until he was about twenty, and having discomfort thereafter until one day his throat closed up

Biology is a tricky bitch, you can get an allergy from overexposures as well but it's much less likely.

You're immune system stops really developing once you hit 12, so if you haven't been exposed to something before then, you're more likely to have issues with it.

however, if you stop being around something/stop consuming something for a matter of time, you can become allergic, often for a small period of time. This doesn't work as well with extreme allergen reactions, but with mild ones.

Reactions: Sondi

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

mine is obsessed with the dog's water bowl. He'll get his little plates or spoons and go pretend it's soup. I've caught him a few times on his hands and knees trying to lap it up like the dog does lmao

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
with my kid, we were told to introduce a new jar of baby food each week so that if there are any allergies, we can easily narrow down the problem
it seems really risky, like what if the baby is allergic to nuts?

not only that, but people can develop and change allergies throughout their lives - a guy I work with found out he was allergic to shellfish when he was in his 30s, despite having enjoyed them until he was about twenty, and having discomfort thereafter until one day his throat closed up
I think if you have any risk factors like allergies in either parent, you're supposed to be more careful... I've also heard of testing for a reaction by putting a little bit on their skin.
I feel kind of alarmed about this method myself... like I still don't know if I'm allergic to bee stings... and how am I going to find out! By getting stung and dying :nailbite:

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I think if you have any risk factors like allergies in either parent, you're supposed to be more careful... I've also heard of testing for a reaction by putting a little bit on their skin.
I feel kind of alarmed about this method myself... like I still don't know if I'm allergic to bee stings... and how am I going to find out! By getting stung and dying :nailbite:

I still don't know the answer to beestings....

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Biology is a tricky bitch, you can get an allergy from overexposures as well but it's much less likely.

You're immune system stops really developing once you hit 12, so if you haven't been exposed to something before then, you're more likely to have issues with it.

however, if you stop being around something/stop consuming something for a matter of time, you can become allergic, often for a small period of time. This doesn't work as well with extreme allergen reactions, but with mild ones.
And then again, we're still learning about how the bacteria that lives in your gut work with your body to fight that stuff.
Next year, things could change. They could have one single shot that either kills you instantly or makes you impervios to disease.:p

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
compromise

watch Bee Movie

it's almost the same as getting stung on your brain

Reactions: savvy and Sondi

JHkerriokey

Reaction score
I'm back.... and still an hour before the water guys get here (or even call to say they are on their way)..... these are the days I hate being a morning person. My day is well on it's way before anyone else is even getting up.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I still don't know the answer to beestings....
You could get an epipen if you wanted to get stung. Option 2 would be to kill a bee. While it still convulsing, dead but it's muscles move, you can see that stinger just pulsating, hoping to catch someone flesh. You could pull it out with tweezers or maybe with a wool jumper or something. If you squish that thing, there's a pink muscle and a sack that will come out with the stinger(sounds gross but not that bad), it's full of venom. It's not much but it's in there.
If rubbing venom on your skin informs you of allergy, then there you go. Or, you can go to an alergist and get a beesting skin prick.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy and Sondi

eagle eye

Reaction score
Title: Survey about your perceptions of service agents | Accept
Requester: ECM-MT [A1FPSM671EIGJF] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $13.74] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 11] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Imagine yourself in an online shopping scenario and answer a survey
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Approximately 25 minute survey including evaluations of names, short writing, and your opinions on several things. | PANDA
Requester: EC [A3OJEF4P7JEB0K] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.67 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.72 Generosity
★★★★ 4.88 Fairness
★★★★ 4.82 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 33 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Approximately 25 minute survey including evaluations of several names, short writing, and your opinions about several things.
Time: 3300
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500;Q3 DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97;Location EqualTo US

Edit: 10 mins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.