01/02 Workflow Wednesday - Turkernator Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
<3 Much better. My face doesn't feel like it's full of prickles anymore, and I woke up at 330 this morning and couldn't sleep anymore. (I guess I'm all sleeped out.) I ended up just laying there and reading.
ugh I hate that, not being able to sleep after being sick. Do you know what's going to happen with work?

Reactions: jan and Jaded

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Make a MP3 recording of yourself speaking WHILE participating in a survey | Accept
Requester: Eric DeRosia [AT242Q7W4U37Y] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.44] [Pay=3.68] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.64] [Fast=4.92] [Comm=4.77] [Fair=4.95] [Reviews=253] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.32] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=80%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 1.99
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: ONLY for people with the equipment and know-how to create an MP3 file of themselves speaking. While you answer a survey, you'll make an informal audio recording, convert it to MP3 format, and upload it. Survey takes an average of 8 minutes.
Qualifications: completed_study_0918 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US; finished_responding DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Boo I can't make recordings right now :([/td][/tr]

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
[
<3 Much better. My face doesn't feel like it's full of prickles anymore, and I woke up at 330 this morning and couldn't sleep anymore. (I guess I'm all sleeped out.) I ended up just laying there and reading.
called it

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Crime and Self-Defense | Accept
Requester: Janalynne Gius [A231YB6I6939WF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.15
Duration: 15:00
Description: You will answer a short survey on crime and self-defense. The survey can be completed in less than 5 minutes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 75; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
p>[/td][/tr]

Reactions: savvy

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
ugh I hate that, not being able to sleep after being sick. Do you know what's going to happen with work?
Not yet, I don't think they'll fire me because if I read their papers right, this should count as one occurrence because I left Monday and didn't come back Tuesday. If I had come back Tuesday and left early again, that would have counted as two. It will put me on my final warning though :o So hopefully I don't get sick for like 6 months.

[

called it
That was Monday, I ended up sleeping almost all day monday, all night monday, almost all day tuesday, and most of tuesday night :o I think I was awake like 8-10 hours the past two days.

alk69

Reaction score
Good morning!
I saw WILD TURKEYS yesterday and drove past them too fast to try gobble gobble-ing at them. Very disappointing.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from neuronoodle lab for work related to 371QPA24C2Z2I46M0G9IMDQVEPT1TE.
The value of your bonus is: $15.86 USD

The Requester included this note:
base payment for part 2 and 3: $8 + total performance-based bonus: $7.86

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

This was for that super long "between $18 and $38!" hit. I definitely do not feel like I did bad enough on it to earn just $19.86 for the whole thing but WHATEVER MAN. I'll take it.
Don't complain. I did one of these noodle labs back when they first offered it. It was longer than expected, annoying, but simple. It was not multi-part. It paid nothing like they do now and there wasn't a fat bonus. Point of fact: there wasn't a bonus at all. I can't touch them now at all. And I'm pretty steamed about it.

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Don't complain. I did one of these noodle labs back when they first offered it. It was longer than expected, annoying, but simple. It was not multi-part. It paid nothing like they do now and there wasn't a fat bonus. Point of fact: there wasn't a bonus at all. I can't touch them now at all. And I'm pretty steamed about it.
Yeahhh I'm not too cheesed, just a little womp womp.

Reactions: alk69

jan

Reaction score
Here we go again. Perception Lab. 5.00. Panda. Catch it. Return it. Ages 18-35. Perception of faces? Let me at 'em. I've only got more than half a century of experience as a professional artist........ Same 'ol. same 'ol. I've decided to view this ageism nonsense as that they don't think that we old folks can't do these things, but that they are afraid that we can do them too well. This is called wishful thinking.
They are probably wondering about bias in a specific age demographic. Cultural differences that impact younger populations are different than........well...........me, too :)

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Here we go again. Perception Lab. 5.00. Panda. Catch it. Return it. Ages 18-35. Perception of faces? Let me at 'em. I've only got more than half a century of experience as a professional artist........ Same 'ol. same 'ol. I've decided to view this ageism nonsense as that they don't think that we old folks can't do these things, but that they are afraid that we can do them too well. This is called wishful thinking.
They are probably wondering about bias in a specific age demographic. Cultural differences that impact younger populations are different than........well...........me, too :)
I feel it the most when I don't qualify for user testing things. And they're right, there's no reason to ask someone my age who is uninterested in music and fashion what my opinions are of their websites. But, as Despairagus @Despairagus so aptly stated this morning...womp womp.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Questionnaire about present selection | Accept
Requester: Damian [A38KW540RG7VNR] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 10:00
Description: We are attempting to get insight about the link between the personality of a recipient and his/her perfect present.
Qualifications: Location NotIn IN, US-KY, US-LA, US-MA, US-MD, US-ME, US-MI, US-MN, US-MO, US-MS, US-MT, US-NC, US-ND, US-NE, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NM, US-NV, US-NY, US-OH, US-OK, US-OR, US-PA, US-RI, US-SC, US-SD, US-TN, US-TX, US-UT; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
About 1 min. Code given before you hit submit. It was easier than trying to find a nickle on the floor.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: savvy

jan

Reaction score
Title: 6 min survey for $0.60(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rachel Song [A2VKSH3LGM7NAD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.93] [Pay=2.14] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.50] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 63
Description: A short online survey for $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-78472365-103949] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location NotIn CN, IN
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.