01/01 - A Brand New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRR

Reaction score
When did they approve? I have 567 pending from the past three days (dating back to the 29th). I'd love to grind them all day today, if a few would start approving.

just in the last few hours....they are going down the line and paying as I type! guess what I will be doing today...time to get my artist eye on

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning and Happy New Year's All!

The really good deal on a car was sold Saturday, sooooo I'm on the hunt again. The night was nice last night though. Unfortunately I still woke up at 6am after drinking until 12. That's cool body. I don't need rest.

Turking until a breakfast I'm due to look at. And browsing cars. Not sure if I should settle on something small and reliable but I will hate (like a corolla) or overextend myself on something reliable and useful (rav4). I've never driven a small car - the smallest was a subaru crosstrek. My dog and I take up a lot of space, especially when camping.
This may seem a bit odd ... but you might consider one of these. A SAAB 96 with the V-4 engine built in the early '60s and late '70. A Swedish-buily car you can get for around 5-8 grand (and more, of course, if you want a "concourse" example). Front-wheel drive. And the V-4 {industrial) engine from Taurus (Ford) in Europe has good to great gas mileage, is very reliable, and I believe that parts are still easy to get. The V-4 engine is easy to work on. Heck of a fun car to drive. And the rear seat folds down to give you plenty of storage space for your camping gear. The price of this SAAB will never go down; just up. (The SAAB 96 was built when SAAB was SAAB and not owned by somebody else.)

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
just in the last few hours....they are going down the line and paying as I type! guess what I will be doing today...time to get my artist eye on
Ooooh good. I'll keep watching mine then. I think I started working on them in the afternoon/evening, so hopefully a few start approving. Thanks!

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate Image Tags (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: Technology and Research [A2KR2JW09QMLYA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 2.90] [Fast: 4.67] [Comm: 3.40] [Fair: 3.60] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $2.40] [Pen: 3.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.08
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 4339
Description: Evaluate which tags are relevant to a given image (with honeypots)
Requirements: Masters Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 50; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: GRR and WillowWolf

blackpupjean

Reaction score
I hated it because it was just too small and the seats were very uncomfortable. As I am getting older, it is harder and harder for me to get in and out of a small car. I prefer just sliding into my CRV. It also had no pickup -- I would put my foot on the gas and it would just take forever to get up to speed.
I like my Prius because it has Eco more, reg mode and power mode. Power mode really gets it going.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning and Happy New Year's All!

The really good deal on a car was sold Saturday, sooooo I'm on the hunt again. The night was nice last night though. Unfortunately I still woke up at 6am after drinking until 12. That's cool body. I don't need rest.

Turking until a breakfast I'm due to look at. And browsing cars. Not sure if I should settle on something small and reliable but I will hate (like a corolla) or overextend myself on something reliable and useful (rav4). I've never driven a small car - the smallest was a subaru crosstrek. My dog and I take up a lot of space, especially when camping.
And you might also subscribe to "Bring a Trailer." It's free and has many, many auctions for just about any type vehicle one may want. LUCK!
https://bringatrailer.com/

JHkerriokey

Reaction score
General forum population: is their a script fix for HS? if not can I fix HF to show only "new" hits in the top portion? .... and maybe to make a sound when that happens (I seriously miss the sqee)?

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Happy New YearS!!!!:happy:
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Technology and Research
// @version      2
// @description  1-5, enter
// @author       SarahAshlee90
// @include     /^https://(www|s3)\.(mturkcontent|amazonaws)\.com/
// @grant        none