01/01 - A Brand New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Good Morning and Happy New Year's All!

The really good deal on a car was sold Saturday, sooooo I'm on the hunt again. The night was nice last night though. Unfortunately I still woke up at 6am after drinking until 12. That's cool body. I don't need rest.

Turking until a breakfast I'm due to look at. And browsing cars. Not sure if I should settle on something small and reliable but I will hate (like a corolla) or overextend myself on something reliable and useful (rav4). I've never driven a small car - the smallest was a subaru crosstrek. My dog and I take up a lot of space, especially when camping.

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score

The really good deal on a car was sold Saturday, sooooo I'm on the hunt again. The night was nice last night though. Unfortunately I still woke up at 6am after drinking until 12. That's cool body. I don't need rest.

Turking until a breakfast I'm due to look at. And browsing cars. Not sure if I should settle on something small and reliable but I will hate (like a corolla) or overextend myself on something reliable and useful (rav4). I've never driven a small car - the smallest was a subaru crosstrek. My dog and I take up a lot of space, especially when camping.
YEAH tough choice

Reactions: <Gucci> and savvy

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score

Don't settle for small. I had a 2015 Corolla and HATED IT. Bought a 2017 Honda CRV. I always keep cars for 7-10 years but hated the Corolla so bad I traded it in.

Good luck!!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Don't settle for small. I had a 2015 Corolla and HATED IT. Bought a 2017 Honda CRV. I always keep cars for 7-10 years but hated the Corolla so bad I traded it in.

Good luck!!

That's really where my brain is going to be honest. I would rather overextend for a little bit to be happy for many many years, especially with a toyota. I already made a bad decision with the car I have now, but my life had also just fallen apart and I felt like I had no options -now I am a bit more put together. It sucks because I am $3000 under water on the terrible car I have now, so I'll have to roll the loan. I just found one online at Priority Richmond and sent an email to see if they would transfer to Priority chesapeake. Worth a shot. A rav4 with 45k miles for less than $15k. The ones here with those specs are nearer to $18k for whatever reason and they all have the same warranty!

Edit: I am not sure I trust my current vehicle to get me to Richmond, and home if needed lol.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
That's really where my brain is going to be honest. I would rather overextend for a little bit to be happy for many many years, especially with a toyota. I already made a bad decision with the car I have now, but my life had also just fallen apart and I felt like I had no options -now I am a bit more put together. It sucks because I am $3000 under water on the terrible car I have now, so I'll have to roll the loan. I just found one online at Priority Richmond and sent an email to see if they would transfer to Priority chesapeake. Worth a shot. A rav4 with 45k miles for less than $15k. The ones here with those specs are nearer to $18k for whatever reason and they all have the same warranty!

Edit: I am not sure I trust my current vehicle to get me to Richmond, and home if needed lol.
That's a good price for a Rav4!! They will definitely transfer the car -- I wanted a silver CRV and they didn't have one at Checkered Flag in Norfolk so they got it from Priority Honda in Hampton and I think it was like $50 more to transfer it . . . Good luck!!

Reactions: savvy

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Ready Player One?
No. Also, how dare you.

Seriously though, that book/movie just isn't my thing. I've read better stories using full immersion from other authors (that don't involve you moving around IRL, because why would you, it accesses your brain directly). RPO feels like a whole lot of pandering. A generic adventure story with the most shallow of gaming pandering laid on top. Someone actually compared it to Scott Pilgrim when I said I didn't like the concept, saying that I couldn't then like Scott Pilgrim.

Scott Pilgrim, especially the movie, is a loving tribute to video games and game culture. I see none of that in RPO.

But, if anyone else likes it, I'm fine with that. People like what they like. It's just not for me.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

I used to live in VB!

Also, our extended warranties on our vehicles always came in really handy. With our current vehicles, everything that went wrong while they were under that 5 year was covered.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Goals of Pokemon GO users | Accept
Requester: DONGHEON KWAK [A165Z7IN0H918A] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: Please give us your goals in playing Pokemon GO
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: <Gucci>

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Test an iPhone game (10-15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jason Van Buiten [A1E22YT1C4WXCF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 17] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.25
Duration: 4 hours
Available: 17
Description: Download and play a game from the App Store. Must have iPhone.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

blackpupjean

Reaction score
what is the script that tells mturk you already did a hit, so it shows up in hit scraper that you already did the hit? all my scripts seem to be gone since the new site. Also what is the script that tells me in mturk crowd that a hit that is posted in mturk crowd is not longer available. Thanks.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
2017 total: $1,057.24
Considering I started at the end of October and didn't hit 1,000 approved for 45 days, I'd say that went alright.
Aaand I'd also say that it was entirely thanks to those Julian Michael HITs, because that was about $400+ worth of those in one week.
Otherwise, a fairly miserable start, but a start nonetheless.

Good luck to everyone in 2018!

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
what is the script that tells mturk you already did a hit, so it shows up in hit scraper that you already did the hit? all my scripts seem to be gone since the new site. Also what is the script that tells me in mturk crowd that a hit that is posted in mturk crowd is not longer available. Thanks.
If you had HIT Database, then some of the scrappers would check with that plugin to see if you had already done a HIT by the same requester/title name. However, that doesn't exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.