Get a Free Random Share of a Stock When Signing up with Robinhood

Twirdman

Reaction score
yeah pretty well diversified.

I think it's pretty popular to shit on apple, but that only shows ignorance and stubbornness. Saying that they lack innovation after jobs is only partially true. (this is coming from someone who hates that they left out the audio jack but understand why its good for tech in general). again, even if they were to have some bad years, the mountain of cash will keep them viable for a while.

I just want to get in on another massive spike :|
I don't understand why it's good for tech. I totally understand how it was a smart business move but it wasn't because of any tech advantage. At best it was useful to make the phone thinner but the thin war is dumb and in my opinion hurts far more than it helps.

On that note I still think AAPL is a pretty good buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: YAHU

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah pretty well diversified.

I think it's pretty popular to shit on apple, but that only shows ignorance and stubbornness. Saying that they lack innovation after jobs is only partially true. (this is coming from someone who hates that they left out the audio jack but understand why its good for tech in general). again, even if they were to have some bad years, the mountain of cash will keep them viable for a while.

I just want to get in on another massive spike :|
Yeah, I think in general, they are a company that will be there in the long run.

Would love to get in on one of those spikes :bode:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand why it's good for tech. I totally understand how it was a smart business move but it wasn't because of any tech advantage. At best it was useful to make the phone thinner but the thin war is dumb and in my opinion hurts far more than it helps.

On that note I still think AAPL is a pretty good buy.
I wasn't saying it is an advantage, but It encourages other manufacturers to think farther ahead. I doubt we are going to be using wires forever and I pray for the day that we don't even need a huge dongle for everything (re: USB C only on the newer mbps). The internet will cry for ports all they want, but I feel that's definitely a smaller user base. It's the same morons that think you need an i7 and 32 gigs of ram for playing B level games

edit: I want to clarify that I understand Cook is not the innovator that Jobs was, but he's also managing a much larger company. People cry about that way too much

Disclaimer: I have 4-5 sets of med-high end headphones, a netbook, a custom desktop pc, and a macbook pro. I lean heavily toward apple for mobile, but need a desktop pc for everything else. also I've slept 9 hours the past 3 days so if something is written poorly that is why.

what are your thoughts on AMD?

I see them recovering a little, but not for a while. The hype train was stupid and hilarious. I saw morons on reddit lose thousands of dollars. It was almost as satisfying as seeing bigger morons lose on SNAP

Last edited:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
In other news, can't wait for market open. I'm gamblin tomorrow!

Reactions: K'Lee and sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Markets are finally open again yaaaay

Reactions: K'Lee

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
In other news, can't wait for market open. I'm gamblin tomorrow!
Penny stocks? I'm not sure when/if I'll put more into those. Still debating lol.

Brocktoon

Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?
Reaction score
So I guess I'm gonna dip a cautious toe into the Robinhood water. Signed up under @Fester, entered my bank account, have to wait until tonight when my account activity updates to verify it. I got an email saying my free stock is ready. I tapped on it, but nothing happened. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I have to verify my account first? And what financial/stock news websites are you guys using to stay updated? I've never done this stuff before.

Might as well restart the referral train...
http://share.robinhood.com/craigm147

Reactions: Deleted member 481
D

Deleted member 481

So I guess I'm gonna dip a cautious toe into the Robinhood water. Signed up under @Fester, entered my bank account, have to wait until tonight when my account activity updates to verify it. I got an email saying my free stock is ready. I tapped on it, but nothing happened. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I have to verify my account first? And what financial/stock news websites are you guys using to stay updated? I've never done this stuff before.

Might as well restart the referral train...
http://share.robinhood.com/craigm147
Thank you for signing up under me. You're my 1st referral!
They send an email which you need to click to verify your account.
I just woke up, saw that you signed up, clicked in the app to claim stock and got it. It was SWN share at $7.66. It was under the section free stocks. I don't know where it'd be for you. Take a look in the app, I think it should show somewhere in history section?

My xerox stock went up 7 cents today, nice.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts about QTEC?

D

Deleted member 481

Just got my checking account verified, made 31 cents on that, lol.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Signed up under Janthir yesterday...hope you got something good. :) I got Cousins Properties. Not bad.

(and hello everyone!)
I got Rite Aid from it. I was searching this thread to find out who used mine. Can't complain though, it's free money. Best of luck!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone just signed up under my referral I got CHK some energy company. ($5)

So thanks, whoever did that.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Someone just signed up under my referral I got CHK some energy company. ($5)
Chesapeake Energy. Was trading for around $30 a share three years ago. Hope it makes a comeback for you.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I
Chesapeake Energy. Was trading for around $30 a share three years ago. Hope it makes a comeback for you.
That would be cool :D

I'm not doing anything with any of the stocks I have/got. I'm just watching them.

Reactions: mboone73