Get a Free Random Share of a Stock When Signing up with Robinhood

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. I'm not sure why it isn't giving some people the free stocks. But I did find this information after digging, so maybe those people's accounts aren't verified yet? That's the only thing I could think...

Share Robinhood, Get Free Shares of Stock

How does it work?

Share your link with a friend and you’ll both a share of stock when their application is approved.

How does Robinhood choose which stock my friend and I get?

When your friend’s application is approved, the shares of free stock are chosen randomly from our inventory of settled shares. Because we choose randomly, you and your friend may not receive the same stock. The value of the share may be anywhere between $3 and $150, and fluctuates based on market movements. We choose companies and purchase stocks every day into the inventory based on their total value (market capitalization) and the price of each share.

It doesn’t say anything about getting free shares of stock in my app?

This promotion is only available to a select group of users. We’re hoping to make this available to everyone as soon as we can.

It didn’t work for me. Why is that?

Make sure that your friend signed up with your link. After they sign up, you should see a pending reward for a share of free stock in your history screen. If the reward doesn’t appear, please contact support. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to credit everyone who didn’t sign up with the link.

I invited my friends to Robinhood in the past. Can I get this reward now?

We appreciate that you inviting your friends to Robinhood prior to this program. Unfortunately, we cannot credit you for past invites.

Do I have to hold the stock in my account for a certain amount of time?

You are allowed to sell the free share of stock two days after you receive it. It’s completely up to you whether you keep or sell the stock. You can use the proceeds from the sale towards other stocks that you want to invest in.

When can I take the money out of Robinhood?

You have to keep the cash value of the stock in your account for at least 30 days before withdrawing it. After the 30-day window, there are no restrictions on the money.

• If we add 1 share worth $10 to your account, you cannot withdraw the $10 you receive by selling the stock for 30 days.
  • If we add 1 share worth $10 to your account and you deposit $100 dollars into your account, you can only withdraw $90 until you sell the stock bonus. After you sell the share, you will be able to withdraw an additional $10.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
"It doesn’t say anything about getting free shares of stock in my app?

This promotion is only available to a select group of users. We’re hoping to make this available to everyone as soon as we can."

I'm verified... so there must be something else to it... Hmmmmm

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
"It doesn’t say anything about getting free shares of stock in my app?

This promotion is only available to a select group of users. We’re hoping to make this available to everyone as soon as we can."

I'm verified... so there must be something else to it... Hmmmmm
Hmmmm... Well that's really crappy. I'm guessing at this point the only thing to do would be contacting their support. :(

Wish there was something else I could recommend to fix it.

wampyrii

Contributor
Reaction score
Signed up under Janthir yesterday...hope you got something good. :) I got Cousins Properties. Not bad.

(and hello everyone!)

Reactions: Metallica and sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting feature I just noticed on Robinhood.

I got a notification that someone had signed up with my referral but not completed the process. There was a button for "reminding" them so I clicked it. Not sure how that all works but I guess if you should see that notification if someone signs up through you but doesn't complete the process.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
So since the referral fest has died down slightly, what is everyone (if anyone is using the app) investing in?

I recently bought a share of NVDA really late and its up a few bucks already. With the news of data centers and what, if any, effect increasing switch production has, I thought I'd at least make lunch money or so over the next few months.

Even though I said I was trying to get out of my REIT positions (and similarly my dividend stocks), an influx of referral REITs make it seem like a hassle. I might wait until they go above what I got them for (even though everything is 100% profit even after taxes for the referrals). I do have a few shares of DIV/SDIV, but that was just for an experiment.

I'm also a little weary of tech ETFs because of the 'impending bubble burst," but havent really thought of what to do next.

I had some VOO, but sold that off since I have that in my roth

Reactions: Squatty and sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
So since the referral fest has died down slightly, what is everyone (if anyone is using the app) investing in?
I've been interested in NVDA and its progress lately. Most of the stocks I want to get are out of my reach right now. After I'm done moving and have more funds, I want to invest more. I have some ETF's I might get in on at some point for long term but uncertain still of which way to go with that. Also considering V, AAPL, maybe TSLA at some point? Still new to this but they seem like they'd be good for a few stocks long-term.

Reactions: YAHU

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting feature I just noticed on Robinhood.

I got a notification that someone had signed up with my referral but not completed the process. There was a button for "reminding" them so I clicked it. Not sure how that all works but I guess if you should see that notification if someone signs up through you but doesn't complete the process.
That's cool...
but I wonder what's up with the person that said they signed up on my link not showing up at all- even though they say they completed. Maybe it also has something to do with them not getting a freebie too? o.0

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's cool...
but I wonder what's up with the person that said they signed up on my link not showing up at all- even though they say they completed. Maybe it also has something to do with them not getting a freebie too? o.0
I'm not sure, really :( Maybe their support could shed more light on the issue. Not sure if the person who didn't get the stock contacted them or not.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been interested in NVDA and its progress lately. Most of the stocks I want to get are out of my reach right now. After I'm done moving and have more funds, I want to invest more. I have some ETF's I might get in on at some point for long term but uncertain still of which way to go with that. Also considering V, AAPL, maybe TSLA at some point? Still new to this but they seem like they'd be good for a few stocks long-term.
I kept wanting to get into TSLA and AAPL, and I may still open a small position in AAPL, but I feel like I've missed the golden age of TSLA trading and kind of think that its really overvalued. Then again, I bought a share of AMZN really late and its up $60 and growing...

Reactions: sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I kept wanting to get into TSLA and AAPL, and I may still open a small position in AAPL, but I feel like I've missed the golden age of TSLA trading and kind of think that its really overvalued. Then again, I bought a share of AMZN really late and its up $60 and growing...
I've heard some people speculate TSLA will stay strong in the long run but who knows. A lot of these stocks are so pricey that I think it'd take me a long time to accumulate them lol

AMZN might be good to jump on. I've only got $16 in the account rn so no clue what I'd buy with it. Maybe I should save up for something bigger :)

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard some people speculate TSLA will stay strong in the long run but who knows. A lot of these stocks are so pricey that I think it'd take me a long time to accumulate them lol

AMZN might be good to jump on. I've only got $16 in the account rn so no clue what I'd buy with it. Maybe I should save up for something bigger :)
Yeah I like his vision, but the current bus model and sales don't do it for me.

at least AAPL is sitting on a pretty penny

Reactions: sinon

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I recently bought a share of NVDA really late and its up a few bucks already. With the news of data centers and what, if any, effect increasing switch production has, I thought I'd at least make lunch money or so over the next few months.

Even though I said I was trying to get out of my REIT positions (and similarly my dividend stocks), an influx of referral REITs make it seem like a hassle. I might wait until they go above what I got them for (even though everything is 100% profit even after taxes for the referrals). I do have a few shares of DIV/SDIV, but that was just for an experiment.

I'm also a little weary of tech ETFs because of the 'impending bubble burst," but havent really thought of what to do next.

I had some VOO, but sold that off since I have that in my roth
I bought a few shares of Sportsman Warehouse and have had 11% increase so far. With speculation it will go up more.
I'm thinking about selling soon.

I also got a few shares of PULM, it's a biotech that just got approved for a patent for a new drug dispersal system. The stock has been volatile, but I'm thinking about holding onto it for a long run.

Reactions: YAHU and sinon

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I bought a few shares of Sportsman Warehouse and have had 11% increase so far. With speculation it will go up more.
I'm thinking about selling soon.

I also got a few shares of PULM, it's a biotech that just got approved for a patent for a new drug dispersal system. The stock has been volatile, but I'm thinking about holding onto it for a long run.
I also bought 1 share of EA at $106 and sold it Friday for $109.

I think I'll try to look into cheaper stocks, so I can get more volume. I can't afford multiple shares of EA or Apple.

Reactions: K'Lee and YAHU

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I like his vision, but the current bus model and sales don't do it for me.

at least AAPL is sitting on a pretty penny
Didn't AAPL also state they were coming out with some new thing soon? Not sure what it was but they certainly have a lot going for them.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't AAPL also state they were coming out with some new thing soon? Not sure what it was but they certainly have a lot going for them.
yeah pretty well diversified.

I think it's pretty popular to shit on apple, but that only shows ignorance and stubbornness. Saying that they lack innovation after jobs is only partially true. (this is coming from someone who hates that they left out the audio jack but understand why its good for tech in general). again, even if they were to have some bad years, the mountain of cash will keep them viable for a while.

I just want to get in on another massive spike :|

Reactions: sinon and Squatty