12/30 - Foodie Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogdogunicorn54

Reaction score
So I wasted half my day looking for a cabin and still didn't find one that fits what I'm looking for yet. BUT now I need to save up for a family vacation to this cabin

You just explained my whole life:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Reactions: FrenchToast

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a board and train program where they take her for two weeks. I've looked around at a good few places but nowhere even offers the board and train program. BUT they take her into tons of public places, teach her basic obedience and give her some confidence, and they provide a collar, a new bed, and training classes/follow-ups for life.

It's pricey but given that I've tried almost everything at this point to help work her through her fear aggression, it'll be worth it I think.
Well I commend you for doing what it takes to make your dog happy. I myself have one dog that has social anxiety (yes apparently dogs can have that too) she flunked out of puppy classes twice. The vet said I could put her on puppy prozac or keep her out of situations that give her anxiety. So I opted to not take her to dog parks or places with other dogs because I didn't want to keep her drugged up. She is super sweet and does fine with her sister and is perfect around people. I think she thinks she is not a dog. She must have been a person in a different life.

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh this one does too. It just works with her before that away from the home to get her to socialize in calmer situations. She's territorial so even if I were to take classes somewhere, they're likely to not be very effective as soon as I get back into the house.
You definitely sound like you've done your homework. She is a lucky girl to have a person willing to take those steps!

Reactions: Pascall

Pascall

Maracuyá
Reaction score
Well I commend you for doing what it takes to make your dog happy. I myself have one dog that has social anxiety (yes apparently dogs can have that too) she flunked out of puppy classes twice. The vet said I could put her on puppy prozac or keep her out of situations that give her anxiety. So I opted to not take her to dog parks or places with other dogs because I didn't want to keep her drugged up. She is super sweet and does fine with her sister and is perfect around people. I think she thinks she is not a dog. She must have been a person in a different life.
We rescued her from a friend who couldn't keep her anymore and honestly with how bad she's been lately and considering we have a 9 month old baby in the house now, I want her to be a lot happier and not be on edge so often. I also don't want her to make a mistake in a situation and snip at my niece either because that could be dangerous, obviously.

It's a small expense if it means she'll be happier and my parents won't be so frustrated with her all the time. Just difficult for me to do since I'm still in school and don't really have a regular job.

Your pup sounds cute though and I'm always cool with people who do what's best for their dogs.

Reactions: Kallee and K'Lee

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have not had a vacation in over 6 years, I am way past giving a shit as well (excuse me as I rarely cuss, or do I?) however I feel that we should take this emoji spider friend seriously. If we don't who will? :wacko:. I would have put an emoji spider....but, well you know the rest.
You're like the anti- Jaded @Jaded , you must get a ton of work done every day.

Reactions: Jaded and Kerek

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
We rescued her from a friend who couldn't keep her anymore and honestly with how bad she's been lately and considering we have a 9 month old baby in the house now, I want her to be a lot happier and not be on edge so often. I also don't want her to make a mistake in a situation and snip at my niece either because that could be dangerous, obviously.

It's a small expense if it means she'll be happier and my parents won't be so frustrated with her all the time. Just difficult for me to do since I'm still in school and don't really have a regular job.

Your pup sounds cute though and I'm always cool with people who do what's best for their dogs.
Every situation is different and it sounds like you are doing what is best for your situation. I wish you the best and hope it turns out well for you and your dog. Having a baby in the house changes the dynamics so I understand you doing this.

Reactions: Pascall

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Actually wasn't referring to you specifically in my comment but rather the nasty remarks made by another individual. I explicity follow instructions and actually have a 100% acceptance rate, however many individuals ask questions in this forum when things are made unclear. As a moderator you should encourage those to be helpful and not to bully with comments. I already blocked the indivual who made them.
I completely agree and we do. That person was talked to in private about what happened. Just because moderator action is not visible to everyone on the forum, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're okay with certain behavior. Much of what we do happens through private messages.

If I came across like I was implying or accusing you of not following instructions, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intent. I was just trying to suggest that when several different people are all saying "watch the video," there may be a good reason for it. I didn't see those HITs, personally, but I do have faith in those members to know what they're doing.

Hinatadragon

Reaction score
I completely agree and we do. That person was talked to in private about what happened. Just because moderator action is not visible to everyone on the forum, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're okay with certain behavior. Much of what we do happens through private messages.

If I came across like I was implying or accusing you of not following instructions, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intent. I was just trying to suggest that when several different people are all saying "watch the video," there may be a good reason for it. I didn't see those HITs, personally, but I do have faith in those members to know what they're doing.
Okay thank you.

Reactions: kryss

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a quick, anonymous survey about products(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Mkt Study [A3GDWPU12SI3RR] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.67 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.85 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.83 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 29 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Respond to a few questions about product attributes
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [-1723669592-29566] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is one of: US

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well then it imploded a few minutes ago when she quoted me about my night terrors.
Well shit, I guess this whole new year thing is happening after all.

Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.