12/23 - Flirtatious Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
U.S. Appeals Court says Amos Miller won’t be spending Christmas in jail after all, drops $300,000 fine, and allows him to sell meat again, so he doesn’t go bankrupt while a long-term solution is negotiated!
https://returntonow.net/2022/12/20/...-in-war-for-food-freedom-in-us-appeals-court/
Brief repeal for the Amish.

regular eggs yesterday at local Aldi's $3.49 friend in New York said their Aldi's has eggs for over $4.00/doz
bought two dozen from Amish yesterday/ 2.50/doz.
As a fire lieutenant, I transported many people to the hospital due to this incident https://www.ysnews.com/old/stories/2003/january/012303_youngs.html
It's a very biased article - there are reasons why we have gov't health regulations on food, why we pastuerize milk, health inspections on restaurants, etc. I worked as a cook, owned a restaurant for 15 years and understand the views of both sides. But as a restaurant owner, I would never buy from an unlicensed vendor - the risk is too great. Who is the customer gonna go after? The guy in a pickup or the guy that owns the restaurant and the building?
Plenty of people grow/raise healthy sustainable food. Just prove it to the regulators so I know what you're selling is legit. That's all I'm asking

cassius

Reaction score
As a fire lieutenant, I transported many people to the hospital due to this incident https://www.ysnews.com/old/stories/2003/january/012303_youngs.html
It's a very biased article - there are reasons why we have gov't health regulations on food, why we pastuerize milk, health inspections on restaurants, etc. I worked as a cook, owned a restaurant for 15 years and understand the views of both sides. But as a restaurant owner, I would never buy from an unlicensed vendor - the risk is too great. Who is the customer gonna go after? The guy in a pickup or the guy that owns the restaurant and the building?
Plenty of people grow/raise healthy sustainable food. Just prove it to the regulators so I know what you're selling is legit. That's all I'm asking
I believe this man is located in Pennsylvania. I would wager just as many people are transported from the crap they put on the grocery store food we eat. I grew up on plain ol milk, raw, from the cow. never got ill from it. we raised our own chickens, eggs, cows and at one time pork. didn't get ill. And i have studied up some on this guy and i believe there are general rules he has to and does follow. rule: wash your food. you can heat your milk if you are concerned and eggs are not meant to be eaten raw. and an example of danger in every day life - the water we drink from our faucets that our cities provide. you trust it?

Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I believe this man is located in Pennsylvania. I would wager just as many people are transported from the crap they put on the grocery store food we eat. I grew up on plain ol milk, raw, from the cow. never got ill from it. we raised our own chickens, eggs, cows and at one time pork. didn't get ill. And i have studied up some on this guy and i believe there are general rules he has to and does follow. rule: wash your food. you can heat your milk if you are concerned and eggs are not meant to be eaten raw. and an example of danger in every day life - the water we drink from our faucets that our cities provide. you trust it?
In 29 years on the FD and something like 50K runs, I have never transported anyone that got acute food poisoning from something on the shelf at a grocery store. I have transported many in acute condition that ate from unverified food sources.
So you"believe" this man follows good hygiene rules? Proof? I trust my local water system - I can read the reports and testing every day. They release them every day -test the water every two hours. This is federally regulated. A brother works on both ends of the water system - water and wastewater.
I'll go with the person who proves they follow good hygiene, rather than one who professes it

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Argh, threw my back out on Sunday so missed 3 days of survey working. This week isn't going to be very productive. Oh Well. At least I finished a book.

We got a blizzard warning going on today. fun fun.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! A balmy neg 2 with 3" of snow on the ground...only snowplows have gone by since I've been up. And it's amazing how much quieter the furnace runs since I put a new filter in...
-13 here. Will wind chills in the 35 below zero category and a blizzard warning.

cassius

Reaction score
In 29 years on the FD and something like 50K runs, I have never transported anyone that got acute food poisoning from something on the shelf at a grocery store. I have transported many in acute condition that ate from unverified food sources.
So you"believe" this man follows good hygiene rules? Proof? I trust my local water system - I can read the reports and testing every day. They release them every day -test the water every two hours. This is federally regulated. A brother works on both ends of the water system - water and wastewater.
I'll go with the person who proves they follow good hygiene, rather than one who professes it
grew up on well water. still here. ever look into the chemicals that are put in that water to make it "pure"? and there were artisan wells on our farm also that people got water from, came from many miles away because it was the best drinking water they could find. didn't get sick. when i moved to houston first thing i realized was all the bottled water on the shelves. then i realized why people were buying drinking water.

Reactions: alk69

jan

Reaction score
I made some home made Pfeffernusse cookies last week. Soooooo good.
I didn't even know what they were until I googled. I've eaten them many times as spice cookies!

jan

Reaction score
https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3J567DP9LLU0UNY50RXKGFK1977PFM/tasks/accept_random?ref=w_pl_prvw

rating statements
NOTE: You must have full color vision to participate in this study. This study examines how people rate various statements in various colors and/or locations on the screen. The experiment will last 15 minutes and participants will receive $7.25 per hour of their participation. If participants complete more or less than an hour, participants will receive compensation relative to the number of 5 minute intervals completed (e.g., half an hour of participation will correspond to $3.63 of compensation).

HelloHello

Reaction score
This is why, in part, the average life expectancy in the USA has increased.

Reactions: heyndrix

Kmd2jn

Reaction score
Central Alabama clocking it at 15 degrees. I've been running errands all morning and just now getting online. I never see all these big $ surveys on Connect, heck I never see small ones. I only get about 1 or 2. a day. I get some on Prolific though.

Reactions: jan and HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.