12/14 - Tilt a Whirl Thursday!

Do you like the 45 day totals on top of the enhanced worker dashboard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
what do you search for with the 1 search?
surveys above 75 cents. in the morning when i got on i run the same thing for surveys above 25 cents and i do the ones that are new/i qual for and then turn it off. but i keep the other on all day and TM seems to pick up on things a few seconds (if only 1-3) faster than they appear on HF.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question how many people who are not masters make a living with mturk.....I am new I only have about 9000 hits but I am just curious if people are able to make a living and how much they make on average and how many hits they have to do I am having trouble setting goals for myself and figuring out how to get there maybe I am just slow...but any tricks or success stories would be great I really need this to work
what i have noticed is that unless you are writing scripts yourself, it is difficult to "make a living" on mturk.
It really comes down to what you consider "making a living". I'm currently doing about $1000-$1500 a month as non-master with only one closed qual. I don't use personal scripts, but I am constantly learning new tricks. I think, if the current rate of expansion continues I should be able to pull in around $2000 in the next quarter.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have a question how many people who are not masters make a living with mturk.....I am new I only have about 9000 hits but I am just curious if people are able to make a living and how much they make on average and how many hits they have to do I am having trouble setting goals for myself and figuring out how to get there maybe I am just slow...but any tricks or success stories would be great I really need this to work
Keep following along with the forum.
It will be the best way to increase your earnings.

There is no one weird trick anyone can tell you to help you make money.
You will have to keep on trucking and gain knowledge, quals, and skills as you go.

I was able to make 22k on here last year without masters.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have masters and have been working solely on MTurk for the past five months. I do about 300 a week, but I don't have many bills and my rent is cheap. The number of hits varies. I do almost all surveys, as I only have one decent closed qual batch and I don't like doing them very much.

Reactions: <Gucci>

arcyjay

Reaction score
I could do with a John Doe batch for the quick AA to offset things if this other batch I did goes sour. It shouldn't. The test ones I did were all approved but...ugh, I hate waiting.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Condom use study - Part 1 | PANDA
Requester: Surveys [A12QGMRLRQVKBY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.43 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.90 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.86 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 55 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Condom use study
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 100
Reward: $1.15
Qualifications: previousx has not been granted;Total approved HITs is greater than 5000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;Location is US

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
Bill is spamming the hell out of that mLab Android study. Anyone done it? I've got one in my cue, but I'm not sure I want to fool with it.
I did, and it said it was something like six months for the study...

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.90 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.86 Promptness
Submit a new TO review
Qualifications: previousx has not been granted;Total approved HITs is greater than 5000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;Location is US
yuck, condoms

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm a non-master. I try for around $200/week. I'm also a SAHM to two toddlers and I home-school, so, my time is not solely devoted to Turking. I set a minimum daily/weekly goal that pays the expenses that I NEED it to, and make that happen at all costs. If I slack one day, I make it up the next. I work on whatever and whenever fits my schedule. Good luck to you!

Reactions: themildone

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.90 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.86 Promptness
Submit a new TO review

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I have masters and don't even make a living on mturk. I work maybe 25 hours a week and make about $800-$1100 per month. I suppose if I didn't have kids and sat on here for 50+ hours a week I could make a lot more. You get out of it what you put into it. When I first started turking I had to work a lot longer for a lot less because I wasn't even aware of any forums. My three favorite requesters have nothing to do with masters, they are quals that I got along the way.

Reactions: bxpretzel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
surveys above 75 cents. in the morning when i got on i run the same thing for surveys above 25 cents and i do the ones that are new/i qual for and then turn it off. but i keep the other on all day and TM seems to pick up on things a few seconds (if only 1-3) faster than they appear on HF.
ah ok, so u use it the way I use hit scraper

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Barnard Economics Study for work related to 3VMHWJRYHV7KSLP89AROWMEZ7EGXFG.
The value of your bonus is: $10.00 USD

You've received a bonus from Kalinda UZ for work related to 33EEIIWHK7KM615C3XDKBDSFJRRQVJ.
The value of your bonus is: $5.10 USD

:wave2:
Working from the new site today :wackodance

Status
Not open for further replies.