12/11 - Mannie Fresh Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harriss143

Baked Cuppycake
Contributor
Reaction score
That both gave me too much information, and not enough. :)

Simply put, how much do you actually turk and during what hours? Even on very slow days getting $20 is relatively easy, getting $50 is a minimum day, and I'm always (except today because of bonuses) pushing for at least $80.

I know the normal response to making more money is Masters and closed quals, but that's not true for such a low dollar amount. It's more about what you work, what tools you use, and where or what you're looking for.
coach mee

Reactions: <Gucci>

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Story of my life, yes.
I'm very good at that.

I can work in somewhere between 3 hours and 12 hours of Turking, depending on the day, but usually do it on and off for about 8 hours, at least.
Typically from around 9am-12pm, if I'm awake in the morning, and then on and off through the afternoon, and from around 7pm-12am at night.

And I know I'm not taking full advantage of the tools available to me because, quite honestly, I can't make myself ask for help 90% of the time, and the few times I try to, I word it JUST about as poorly as that bit you quoted, so... I don't get very far.
I use MTurk Suite, Panda Crazy, and obviously Tampermonkey, and I have more or less no clue how to use HIT Finder or anything, and just recently learned how to use the "Search" function for Panda Crazy, and I'm very slowly picking things up as I go.
Average week for me has been like $85, and that's basically just me fishing for stuff I know, and cherry picking stuff that people post here.
Also RecProServices' receipt line typing HITs, because I find them strangely-soothing and they make a decent time-filler, when I'm bored and want to watch videos while doing something, or I'm just waiting to catch a better HIT on Panda Crazy.

If this is too much and not enough yet again... I welcome you to my life once more, and might suggest PMing me, heh.
Okay. So here's what I use as the basics. MTurk HIT Database Mk II, Panda Crazy, Panda Crazy Helper and Queue Helper, HIT Finder Beta, and Overwatch. There are other things like MTurk Suite, MTurk Hourly, Full Queue, etc... but those are more about keeping track of pay rates, and a live view of my daily/weekly goal.

Quick side note, this is what I use and just a recommendation, I'm constantly updating my methods as I steal them from more veteran workers.

On HIT Finder, I set my setup like this:

There is where I find a majority of the surveys I do. If it's green, I just take it, if it's yellow and under 3.0 on TO, I check the reviews first. You can skip a lot of crap by spending two seconds looking at the recent reviews.

Another big help is Overwatch. This has not impacted my PandAs the way that Turkmaster or HIT Notifier did. I currently have 22 requesters I keep a look out for. Most of them are batch requesters like Sergey or Kasisto, but I also have Pinterest and Unamious AI for the ever now and then HITs.

In Panda Crazy I never really run more than 4 or 5 (usually 4) pandas at once, and always in a cycling method. As new HITs pop up on HIT Finder, I'll add them and then stop the PandA of the oldest HIT. This way I'm constantly looking for the most recent stuff. If there's a really high paying HIT or one that comes with a sweet bonus, I may leave it alone and move to the next oldest.

Taking out close qual batches, I can usually make at least $30 in surveys within 8 hours. I spend a lot of time looking for good batches because that's where the real money is, but keeping those survey PandAs going means that there's always something in the back ground.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
After that it really comes down to the speed of your reading, learning how to navigate surveys (honestly you'll see the same block of questions 1 out of 4 surveys) and at this point I can do most of those block and demos in my sleep.

Small tricks like knowing when you can tab + space after answering questions where there's only 1 per page can drop anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes off of some surveys.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about sharing economy | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Claudia Flores [A2JXF2GJN1CBC7] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: [Rate: $2.40/hr] [Pen: 3.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.50
Duration: 15 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Help us to rethink how the future sharing economy platforms (like Amazon Mechanical Turk) will be.
Requirements: Gig Survey has not been granted; Masters has been granted;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Study(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Wendy [A258734LBVMGZ2] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.56] [Fast: 4.94] [Comm: 4.75] [Fair: 4.98] [Reviews: 108] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 45
Description: Consume Study 3 minutes $.25
Requirements: Exc: [-337308474-67374] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer (1) Multiple Choice Survey Question | PANDA
Requester: TitleTester [AMF4ZNVSZLI3R] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.02
Duration: 25 minutes
Available: 1
Description: We want to know which headline you think is best.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50;

Reactions: DareAngel3

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
Okay. So here's what I use as the basics. MTurk HIT Database Mk II, Panda Crazy, Panda Crazy Helper and Queue Helper, HIT Finder Beta, and Overwatch. There are other things like MTurk Suite, MTurk Hourly, Full Queue, etc... but those are more about keeping track of pay rates, and a live view of my daily/weekly goal.

Quick side note, this is what I use and just a recommendation, I'm constantly updating my methods as I steal them from more veteran workers.

On HIT Finder, I set my setup like this:

There is where I find a majority of the surveys I do. If it's green, I just take it, if it's yellow and under 3.0 on TO, I check the reviews first. You can skip a lot of crap by spending two seconds looking at the recent reviews.

Another big help is Overwatch. This has not impacted my PandAs the way that Turkmaster or HIT Notifier did. I currently have 22 requesters I keep a look out for. Most of them are batch requesters like Sergey or Kasisto, but I also have Pinterest and Unamious AI for the ever now and then HITs.

In Panda Crazy I never really run more than 4 or 5 (usually 4) pandas at once, and always in a cycling method. As new HITs pop up on HIT Finder, I'll add them and then stop the PandA of the oldest HIT. This way I'm constantly looking for the most recent stuff. If there's a really high paying HIT or one that comes with a sweet bonus, I may leave it alone and move to the next oldest.

Taking out close qual batches, I can usually make at least $30 in surveys within 8 hours. I spend a lot of time looking for good batches because that's where the real money is, but keeping those survey PandAs going means that there's always something in the back ground.
After that it really comes down to the speed of your reading, learning how to navigate surveys (honestly you'll see the same block of questions 1 out of 4 surveys) and at this point I can do most of those block and demos in my sleep.

Small tricks like knowing when you can tab + space after answering questions where there's only 1 per page can drop anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes off of some surveys.
Thank you very much for all the info.
I went and grabbed a couple of the scripts I didn't have (HIT Database and Overwatch were the standouts), and I'm going to try to figure out HIT Finder as well.
I DO need to learn more about which batches to keep an eye out for and ya know, how to actually use some of the scripts, but most of that will come with time and paying attention anyways.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.