Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Are the Coauthor "Are text snippets in news articles opinionated?" HITs broken for anyone else..?
Is it a soft block or something?
I think I might've broken it.
"An error occurred. Please refresh the current page in your browser."

*edit*
Safe to assume soft-blocked, I suppose.

That error occurs when you return or let expire a HIT from a google requester.
You will be locked out for the length of the HIT timer.

Much different than a block.

But TO is reporting that they do block so I would stay away from them.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
How much time do you spend turking?
Too much time to only have $7.80 today, yet not enough time at the right times to make actual money, it seems...
Basically, yeah, I have almost no life, I just have a grandmother and 3 cats to care for, and a poor sleep schedule.
My average day is $10, minimum is $5, and goal is $15, with a high of $20, if I work hard enough at the right times.
The last 2 days have been my worst since... my first couple weeks, basically.
I need to make around $80-100 a week to be useful.

Reactions: optipfrog

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score

That error occurs when you return or let expire a HIT from a google requester.
You will be locked out for the length of the HIT timer.

Much different than a block.

But TO is reporting that they do block so I would stay away from them.
Makes sense, especially since I saw it for the first time when I had to return one of their HITs because I couldn't read the article in question due to the site blocking me from reading it without subscribing... tsk, tsk.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: C to the J

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Too much time to only have $7.80 today, yet not enough time at the right times to make actual money, it seems...
Basically, yeah, I have almost no life, I just have a grandmother and 3 cats to care for, and a poor sleep schedule.
My average day is $10, minimum is $5, and goal is $15, with a high of $20, if I work hard enough at the right times.
The last 2 days have been my worst since... my first couple weeks, basically.
I need to make around $80-100 a week to be useful.
That both gave me too much information, and not enough. :)

Simply put, how much do you actually turk and during what hours? Even on very slow days getting $20 is relatively easy, getting $50 is a minimum day, and I'm always (except today because of bonuses) pushing for at least $80.

I know the normal response to making more money is Masters and closed quals, but that's not true for such a low dollar amount. It's more about what you work, what tools you use, and where or what you're looking for.

Pallandius

Reaction score
Made another $6.00 reliably again today that's for almost 4 days in a row now. Next step is to try and raise this to $10.00 reliably. I seem to run into a lot of phantom survey hits that aren't really there the past few days though.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You should be ashamed of yourself.

uggggh :bag:
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? You can't believe sisters, they'll do anything to cause trouble.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
That both gave me too much information, and not enough. :)
Story of my life, yes.
I'm very good at that.

Simply put, how much do you actually turk and during what hours? Even on very slow days getting $20 is relatively easy, getting $50 is a minimum day, and I'm always (except today because of bonuses) pushing for at least $80.

I know the normal response to making more money is Masters and closed quals, but that's not true for such a low dollar amount. It's more about what you work, what tools you use, and where or what you're looking for.
I can work in somewhere between 3 hours and 12 hours of Turking, depending on the day, but usually do it on and off for about 8 hours, at least.
Typically from around 9am-12pm, if I'm awake in the morning, and then on and off through the afternoon, and from around 7pm-12am at night.

And I know I'm not taking full advantage of the tools available to me because, quite honestly, I can't make myself ask for help 90% of the time, and the few times I try to, I word it JUST about as poorly as that bit you quoted, so... I don't get very far.
I use MTurk Suite, Panda Crazy, and obviously Tampermonkey, and I have more or less no clue how to use HIT Finder or anything, and just recently learned how to use the "Search" function for Panda Crazy, and I'm very slowly picking things up as I go.
Average week for me has been like $85, and that's basically just me fishing for stuff I know, and cherry picking stuff that people post here.
Also RecProServices' receipt line typing HITs, because I find them strangely-soothing and they make a decent time-filler, when I'm bored and want to watch videos while doing something, or I'm just waiting to catch a better HIT on Panda Crazy.

If this is too much and not enough yet again... I welcome you to my life once more, and might suggest PMing me, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.