12/06 - Wedding Wednesday!

How do you like your coffee?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CTRL-SHIFT-i gets you the developer window. Then click Network. It shows you what is loading when it is loading.

EDIT: Strangely enough, that doesn't actually seem to work if I am on this forum! Maybe the forum is capturing those keys? It works on the mturk sites. In any case, you can also go to More Tools, and then click Developer Tools.

EDIT: Ignore that. It does work. I must not be pressing keys properly.
Out of 15s total, Chrome says I spent 9s on "scripting", does that mean I need a faster machine ? Or can the term "scripting" hide a multitude of sins?

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips for loading turking jobs quicker?
My tip to get things started: I turned Ad blocker off yesterday, seems MUCH better!
What's the easiest way in Chrome to see list of hosts a page contacts when loading a page? Seems like minimizing unnecessary external host stuff is one great way to speed up page loads, any others?

I am thinking of going to fiber instead of copper-wired net. Is that going to really help? We're only just getting residential fiber here in Thailand :wink:
Two more ideas that I use:
1) Look under More Tools > Task Manager. This shows you the resources each component of Chrome is using. If you have any other extensions on that aren't needed for turking and they are consuming resources, turn them off.
2) I usually end up deleting most browsing data every day: More Tools > Clear Browsing Data. Performance is always much better right after I do this. I need a more sophisticated approach though, since this logs me out of most websites (like mturk and Prolific). Also, some scripts may be storing data in cookies. But you must at least delete qualtrics cookies every so often or qualtrics ceases to function altogether.

I need more options here myself, since my loading time is not good.

Reactions: turkinthailand

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
1001 wwwoooooottt!! ok so advice at 1001 whats the first hits i should do?
nothing specific. whatever you can that looks good on TO :)

D

Deleted member 526

I've been checking mturk off and on but not finding anything. same thing happened yesterday, then 5's posted as I was going to bed. batch was up for like 12 hours and I missed almost all of it. so I'm giving up now, have fun with the juicy batches and high paying surveys that are about to appear and last for 12 hours.

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
Ok, so today starts the standoff between OCMP5 and I.

Two emails sent today kindly requesting that my qualification be raised back up. I will Andy Dufresne this and send two a day until I get a reply. And, if after a month, I don't hear back, I will do four a day. Hopefully they will be kind (and bend to my will)

Reactions: C to the J

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $84.73 + Bonuses: $5.51 = $90.24 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8)
HITsValue
Viewed289$114.39
Submitted258$84.73
Approved258$84.73
Returned14$9.55
BonusesN/A$5.51

this week has been fucking fire, you guys.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Two emails sent today kindly requesting that my qualification be raised back up. I will Andy Dufresne this and send two a day until I get a reply. And, if after a month, I don't hear back, I will do four a day. Hopefully they will be kind (and bend to my will)
Hope it works out for you man.

Reactions: Req.body

roxchic

Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $84.73 + Bonuses: $5.51 = $90.24 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8)
HITsValue
Viewed289$114.39
Submitted258$84.73
Approved258$84.73
Returned14$9.55
BonusesN/A$5.51

this week has been fucking fire, you guys.

How do i get this table? and what other scripts are useful beside panda? thank you guys!

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Meal study(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Klaas van 't Veld [AQE3MD9LQT342] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Use 7 minutes or less to tell us about your food decisions
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Masters has been granted; Exc: [66931-66342] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: Michele

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Andy Dufresne didn't have to contend with spam filters. What's your plan for when the mark your 2 messages/day as spam?

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
about 15 minutes - writing
Title: Short survey on your work experience as an M-Turk worker! | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Elizabeth A Luckman [A1LN7PXQ8N1GQ3] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Answer a few short questions about your work
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Out of 15s total, Chrome says I spent 9s on "scripting", does that mean I need a faster machine ? Or can the term "scripting" hide a multitude of sins?
I'm guessing that what you're look at is the category "script" under "Type" on the Network page. That seems to encompass every single javascript file that gets loaded with a given page. When I looked at the Network page and reloaded this forum thread, I had a huge load time for a javascript file from Google Analytics. I think that is a file that website admins use to gather stats. It probably slows down a ton of websites, but I don't think it is used on many sites loaded while turking (unless you need to load "real" websites).

Reactions: turkinthailand
Status
Not open for further replies.