Not open for further replies.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Companies associated with a topic (~15-45 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Adam M. Broun [ATA69EQ0A7DUW] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 25
Description: We give you a topic, you tell us a list of up to 12 public companies associated with that topic and why.
Requirements: Masters has been granted

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
batch
i did a bunch of these and they all already approved, very good

jsxca

Reaction score
Title: Gather the LinkedIn Company Name | PANDA
Would it be risky to do a bunch of these? This is such easy numbers work and honestly pretty great pay for what you have to do, but their lack of T.O. rating is making me super nervous. I'm at nearly 10k approved with only 1 rejection, so I could obviously risk having a couple but...

Sorry for the weird formatting...I'm new here, this is my first post and it keeps telling me it's spam if I do the full quote.​

BobTheFerret

Genuine imitation weasel
Reaction score
Title: VotingGame-251 | PANDA
Requester: AMT Surveys [A2AKA780E0K7FS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.18] [Fast: 4.89] [Comm: 4.79] [Fair: 4.96] [Reviews: 84] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.00/hr] [Pen: 0.02 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: You will receive up to $5 including bonus for less than 20min, payable immediately! You will play with other Turkers to coordinate in a Voting Game.
Requirements: None;

[mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: <Gucci>

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: 3Word Password Strategy | PANDA
Requester: MSRNE researchers [A1F9W6UY3YL34J] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.36] [Fast: 4.88] [Comm: 4.75] [Fair: 4.89] [Reviews: 146] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $12.92/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$7.00
Duration: 2 hours
Description: Try our new password strategies to learn how to generate secure passwords easily!
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Location is US;

D

Deleted member 481

Title: Answer a short survey about resilience and creativity | PANDA
Requester: Yale Creativity Research [A2YA4469TDOZH8] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $42.86/hr] [Pen: 5.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$5.00
Duration: 45 minutes
Description: Participation in this study will involve completing surveys about your behavior in everyday life.
Requirements: Masters has been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; US Bachelor's Degree is 1; Location is US

11 min distracted
Thanks! Somehow this didn't show up on my HF.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oops.:p

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Would it be risky to do a bunch of these? This is such easy numbers work and honestly pretty great pay for what you have to do, but their lack of T.O. rating is making me super nervous. I'm at nearly 10k approved with only 1 rejection, so I could obviously risk having a couple but...

Sorry for the weird formatting...I'm new here, this is my first post and it keeps telling me it's spam if I do the full quote.​
They're possibly okay, but I would be careful anyway. I wouldn't do any more than you're willing to have rejected, just in case. Things do happen from time to time, especially with newer requesters.

Also, welcome! I know that spam message is annoying, but it should go away after your third post.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Welcome to MTC! :wave2:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Hey there! Welcome! Yes. See above. Don't be too worried as long as you follow what aveline @aveline said. But, the reason not to be too worried is that every new requester starts out with no TO. You could do a few and go give them a TO score!:)

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

jsxca

Reaction score
They're possibly okay, but I would be careful anyway. I wouldn't do any more than you're willing to have rejected, just in case. Things do happen from time to time, especially with newer requesters.

Also, welcome! I know that spam message is annoying, but it should go away after your third post.
I guess I should probably quit now then :) I submitted about 30 of them. Since I've held on strong with only one single rejection for 7 months, I'd honestly rather have no additional ones! It's been a struggle to keep it that low. I do way more surveys than I do batch work, and I'm sitting at 9,696 submitted right now...so it is soooo tempting to just push through to get to that actual 10k number!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been active over in the reddit forum for awhile now, but have been keeping an eye on you guys with Hit Notifier for months so figured I'd pop in properly!

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
PE: Pumpkin cookies and watching the last season of The Walking Dead again.

jsxca

Reaction score
Do you need to have some sort of special account with Linkedin to see certain links? being one, for instance.
I think so. I used to be a recruiter and we'd have special pay-for-use accounts, there's definitely different tiers that let you reach out to and see certain people. I have a regular account now and can't see the link you provided, just takes me to my home feed.

I was just chatting with another turker who said that he believes this might be a requester who changed their name because he's done work for someone else with the same task...take that for what you will...they told me to make a throwaway LinkedIn account if I wanted to do a bunch of them because apparently LinkedIn will block your account for doing a high volume of searches.

Reactions: aveline and <Gucci>

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I guess I should probably quit now then :) I submitted about 30 of them. Since I've held on strong with only one single rejection for 7 months, I'd honestly rather have no additional ones! It's been a struggle to keep it that low. I do way more surveys than I do batch work, and I'm sitting at 9,696 submitted right now...so it is soooo tempting to just push through to get to that actual 10k number!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been active over in the reddit forum for awhile now, but have been keeping an eye on you guys with Hit Notifier for months so figured I'd pop in properly!
Yeah, unfortunately, your approved numbers are still low enough that rejections are kind of a big deal. I started out much like you, doing mostly surveys and kinda avoiding batches because I was worried about getting a lot of rejections. As a result, it took me a while to build up enough approved HITs to provide a decent cushion to protect against rejections.

I would recommend keeping an eye out for some of the more well-known, safer batch requesters, and try to use those to pick up some quick numbers here and there while you're not working on surveys. If you're able to do Amazon stuff, like Customer Interests or A9s, I would definitely do those. They're great for numbers, and while rejections aren't unheard of with them, they're still pretty safe.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, your approved numbers are still low enough that rejections are kind of a big deal. I started out much like you, doing mostly surveys and kinda avoiding batches because I was worried about getting a lot of rejections. As a result, it took me a while to build up enough approved HITs to provide a decent cushion to protect against rejections.

I would recommend keeping an eye out for some of the more well-known, safer batch requesters, and try to use those to pick up some quick numbers here and there while you're not working on surveys. If you're able to Amazon stuff, like Customer Interests or A9s, I would definitely do those. They're great for numbers, and while rejections aren't unheard of with them, they're still pretty safe.
ah yes, when it took most of us like a year to get to 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.