10/14 - Smooth Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Is anybody working on the Peter Clarks? These seem a little too subjective to me. I've been letting them stew in queue for a few hours before deciding rather or not to return them.
I saved a few to work (8 hour timer is nice, short AA too). I have done Clarks in the past:

"2017-05-29 Peter Clark Identify supporting sentence for a question $1.00"

This particular batch has a LOT of reading involved just to get started... and is half the price... still evaluating.

Reactions: <Gucci> and sudilly

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
not to be a prying penny - insert cultural reference here - but is there a certain kinda gist now for when one is considered for it like maybe a minimum?
ie - devote hrs a week/attain a certain appvl rate/reach # hits/amt of time as turker? i know its a mystery so any thoughts?

ive been turking for 2 years got these stats -
Earnings To Date Value
Approved HITs $519.29
Bonuses $75.21
Total Earnings Hide earnings details
$594.50
Pending earnings [ Last updated: 1 hour ago ] $15.69
Projected earnings for the day
$6.62
Projected earnings for the week
$28.25
Projected Earnings for Today $6.92

HITs Submitted 2910 —
... Approved 2860 99.9%
... Rejected 2 0.1%
... Pending (Worst Case Scenario)
(~27 rejects => 99%)
(~151 rejects => 95%)
... Pending (Best Case Scenario = 99.9%)
I use hitdb so its not really formatted as cool as MTS...
treat it like full time. I'm pretty sure thats what the big earners do.

with that said, are any of these big earners non masters?
I feel like master batches and hits are more common than ever.
J @jayjay has it right. Treat it like full time. I work around 60-65 hrs on here for the time being.

Hey some of us go to bed at 8pm and get up early for them :disapprove:
What's worked for me the past few weeks has been go to sleep at 5-6 pm, wake up at 1-2 am. I'm west coast.

May i ask how long did it take you to start getting a minimum of $30 a day on Mturk. was it a month or a year before that goal was easily achievable? I am barely able to get a daily goal of $15 right now, ive been turking for 12 days now. Just wanted to know when i can expect better stuff, im doing as many quals as i can.
Didn't start hitting $30 until I started looking at the forums. I was not afraid to do anything. The only thing I wouldn't touch was audio work in terms of transcribing.
I did surveys, batches, anything I could get my hands on. Really didn't start hitting $50 until summer of 2016. Then with time, started getting quals, was more patient with HITs, and just realized that once you do this for a while you got to work hard, sure, but work smart too. I didn't like emptying my queue because that was guaranteed money, but the fact is if I did empty my queue when a great batch came along I'd make more money that way, basically. Lots of trial and error.

v2thej

Reaction score
https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports
is what i used to use when shit was slow, there was a way to see the latest hits and stuff, i dont use it but in down time it might be cool, i keep turkopticon close to my chest, if theres anything negative i see on the mouse over i disregard the requester, the link should have the last 24hr turkopticon reviews and info if i linked right and was what i use when im trying to reach #'s - p9r jimmy dragon proboards copytext all them newbie #', gotta put in work to get work :p

also forgot when you get comfy - amazon and google i only know a9, pin and sergey but soon you will feel comfortable with dealing with having alot of pending which is the main reason i was apprehensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: <Gucci>

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Economic Decision-Making for work related to 3IVKZBIBJ03GZWGRN2QGO0P604GHSB.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your participation!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
J @jayjay has it right. Treat it like full time. I work around 60-65 hrs on here for the time being.

What's worked for me the past few weeks has been go to sleep at 5-6 pm, wake up at 1-2 am. I'm west coast.

Didn't start hitting $30 until I started looking at the forums. I was not afraid to do anything. The only thing I wouldn't touch was audio work in terms of transcribing.
I did surveys, batches, anything I could get my hands on. Really didn't start hitting $50 until summer of 2016. Then with time, started getting quals, was more patient with HITs, and just realized that once you do this for a while you got to work hard, sure, but work smart too. I didn't like emptying my queue because that was guaranteed money, but the fact is if I did empty my queue when a great batch came along I'd make more money that way, basically. Lots of trial and error.
:writing:

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
until I started looking at the forums.
In my opinion, this is the best thing to do for the newer Turkers to do: Read the forums.

All of the people you see making good money, that you wish you could make, have months or years more experience than you do. The secret to success on MTurk is quite simply experience.

One way to begin catching up with the more experienced people is by studying the past daily work threads.

Start becoming more familiar with the various requesters and HITs that people like the best. Which ones pay well? Which ones post big batches? Which ones post predictable batches? What batches are safe for numbers? How do people get more coveted quals? How are the handful of people making >$100/day doing it?...

All of these things can be learned from studying the forums.

Last edited:

SCOTTM

Reaction score
Title: Play Connect 4 (1 hour - $4 base + up to $10 bonus) | PANDA
Requester: Galileo [A206I79EPQNKDS] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.83 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.37 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.89 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.72 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 53
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: -
Time: 3 hours
Hits Available: 5
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US
Just did this and liked it.
Two questions.
How many times can we do it?
How long does it take them to pay the bonus?

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Idk I only been doing this for a year and some months, I think it's just hard work.

EDIT: Goes without saying, you have to learn how to manage PRE's, get in on good batches, have watchers set up, get all the quals, set up the right pandas, don't set too many up, etc.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports
is what i used to use when shit was slow, there was a way to see the latest hits and stuff, i dont use it but in down time it might be cool, i keep turkopticon close to my chest, if theres anything negative i see on the mouse over i disregard the requester, the link should have the last 24hr turkopticon reviews and info if i linked right and was what i use when im trying to reach #'s - p9r jimmy dragon proboards copytext all them newbie #', gotta put in work to get work :p

also forgot when you get comfy - amazon and google i only know a9, pin and sergey but soon you will feel comfortable with dealing with having alot of pending which is the main reason i was apprehensive.
Skip p9r

Here’s this
http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/your-first-1000-hits.23/
Also
http://dev.mturkcrowd.com/threads/pandas-to-keep-you-working-cheap-numbers-hits.155/ & you can change your settings on the forum to only see hits posted...:gucci:

Reactions: Michele and Liz

A.Lem

Reaction score
How do you change your settings to see only hits posted? I can't really look at all the options right now as I am on a really crappy and slow laptop :( Thanks for all of the advice of all you veterans above btw! Much appreciated!

v2thej

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.