10/01 - Starry Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 526

does anyone know why I keep getting this message? I check my queue after I see it. nothing is in my queue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You have already submitted this HIT.

There was a problem submitting your results for this HIT.

This HIT is still assigned to you. To try this HIT again, click "HITs Assigned To You" in the navigation bar, then click "Continue work on this HIT" for the HIT. If this problem persists, you can contact the Requester for this HIT using the "Contact" link above.

To return this HIT and continue working on other HITs, click the "Return HIT" button.

Reactions: <Gucci>

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I learn more every day. Now that I understand I need to leave a turkmaster open in order to have HITS register, well....obvious. But those big HITS are still evading me. I scan as many forums as I can, I found HITS Notifier today as well. Fiding big hits or batches worth grinding is hit and miss. I tried like a dog to find out who the requester was that was redacted today, because even if I don't have the qual, I have no problem emailing to try to obtain it and thus far have a 40% success rate of getting a response. I made 75 my first week, 120 last, and I assume I will keep doing better the more I learn.
I was going to wait until next week when my mTurk probation ends to ask about that. I have a LOT to learn and I really do learn something here every day. My next step after probation is the kind of stuff you're talking about...

Reactions: <Gucci>

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Happen to read about a solution?:p

EDIT I can't find the right search terms, lol.
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         MTC Previous Post Patch
// @namespace    https://github.com/Kadauchi
// @version      1.0.0
// @description  Does things...
// @author       Kadauchi
// @icon       
// @include      http://www.mturkcrowd.com*
// @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

$(`#messageList`).on(`click`, `a[href^="goto/post"]`, e => $(`html, body`).animate({scrollTop: $(e.target.hash).offset().top}, 250));

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I learn more every day. Now that I understand I need to leave a turkmaster open in order to have HITS register, well....obvious. But those big HITS are still evading me. I scan as many forums as I can, I found HITS Notifier today as well. Fiding big hits or batches worth grinding is hit and miss. I tried like a dog to find out who the requester was that was redacted today, because even if I don't have the qual, I have no problem emailing to try to obtain it and thus far have a 40% success rate of getting a response. I made 75 my first week, 120 last, and I assume I will keep doing better the more I learn.
If you haven't tried mturk suite, I would before you get super attached to Turkmaster. Mturk suite w/hit catcher and HIT finder basically combines a scraper, a panda solution, an export tool plus a ton of other stuff. I was using TurkMaster for over 2 years and still keep it on one of my PCs but, I don't use that pc to make money anymore, lol. I was using a bunch of different things together and hoping they'd play nice. They didn't always and the multiple solutions meant more step = less productivity. My 2 cents. I can help, if you need any.:)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Psychology survey about life experiences | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Alannah Shelby Rivers [A1EU2I94S2PMZJ] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: Requires pre-screen to qualify. The pre-screen should take less than a minute. If you qualify, the estimated survey time is 25 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: <Gucci> and Cmoney

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
If you haven't tried mturk suite, I would before you get super attached to Turkmaster. Mturk suite w/hit catcher and HIT finder basically combines a scraper, a panda solution, an export tool plus a ton of other stuff. I was using TurkMaster for over 2 years and still keep it on one of my PCs but, I don't use that pc to make money anymore, lol. I was using a bunch of different things together and hoping they'd play nice. They didn't always and the multiple solutions meant more step = less productivity. My 2 cents. I can help, if you need any.:)
THIS is the kind of stuff that I need! Any threads covering this or should we just try and reach out to a Mentor?

Reactions: <Gucci> and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         MTC Previous Post Patch
// @namespace    https://github.com/Kadauchi
// @version      1.0.0
// @description  Does things...
// @author       Kadauchi
// @icon      
// @include      http://www.mturkcrowd.com*
// @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

$(`#messageList`).on(`click`, `a[href^="goto/post"]`, e => $(`html, body`).animate({scrollTop: $(e.target.hash).offset().top}, 250));
I love you and Kadauchi! Thank you. That's been bugging the piss out of me for a week.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Ironocally, I have MTS installed, I went in to browse today but by the time I did, well, I think my brain hurt tbh. It looks intimidating and I'm sure it is simple once I get accustomed to the interface. I'm not married to any one script yet and as I posted yesterday, I uninstalled everything because I mistakenly thought scripts were causing an issue I was having when it was really my own ignorance,lol.

Reactions: Jerami

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Everyone runs their lemonade shop differently. Some can do transcription and stay busy forever, others batch like crazy, I go for big HITs with small filler. I average around $1 a HIT at the end of the day, most days.
Ideally I'd like to do the big hits with small filler, as you say. I think I did a bunch of your hits today, but part of that is actually running an effective panda strategy to get them. I have absolutely no idea how anyone does transcription hits effectively. Well, I guess the answer is better hardware and better software. As for batches, I've done a few, but for me I think I need to put in another 30 or so hours so that I can better write and judge scripts.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
THIS is the kind of stuff that I need! Any threads covering this or should we just try and reach out to a Mentor?
You can reach out to a mentor I guess. Or me, the MidnightMentor, lol. The info I got started with is outdated but, here http://www.mturkgrind.com/threads/helpful-mturk-guides.27901/
Read that for background(to see what mturk suite makes unnecessary) but, honestly, just install mturk suite for a whole day, ask me any questions you have, and I swear, you'll be flying around it in a few hours.

Edit It's more intuitive than 3 extensions and 9 scripts, cobbled together in a shitty OS like windows

Last edited:
Reactions: stuffalleysays

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
You can reach out to a mentor I guess. Or me, the MidnightMentor, lol. The info I got started with is outdated but, here http://www.mturkgrind.com/threads/helpful-mturk-guides.27901/
Read that for background(to see what mturk suite makes unnecessary) but, honestly, just install mturk suite for a whole day, ask me any questions you have, and I swear, you'll be flying around it in a few hours.

Edit It's more intuitive than 3 extensions and 9 scripts, cobbled together in a shitty OS like windows
I've got that running but just need to learn how to use it. Thanks! I'll look at what you sent but better go go to bed for now. Thanks again!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Ironocally, I have MTS installed, I went in to browse today but by the time I did, well, I think my brain hurt tbh. It looks intimidating and I'm sure it is simple once I get accustomed to the interface. I'm not married to any one script yet and as I posted yesterday, I uninstalled everything because I mistakenly thought scripts were causing an issue I was having when it was really my own ignorance,lol.
I think MTS is the best "one stop shop" going at the moment. My sense is that Kadauchi @Kadauchi has much more sophisticated stuff that he runs on his own, but he's given us a lot of good stuff and I'm grateful. At the moment, I'm not even running pandacrazy, which is definitely my runner-up for best mturk script. I think it tended to get me some more stuff than MTS, but at the cost of greatly slowing things down. Things may differ for others though. My earnings definitely went up when I moved to Chrome and MTS. But I think there is no single secret to mturk....

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
A good deal of info in the 1st thousand hits thread. And searching on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.