05/30 - Turn it up Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Talk to me about internet prices, ya'll
You can't even drill a hole to have a cable or phone outlet professionally installed?
If that is the case, you can check with your local tenant housing help. I do think they HAVE to allow at least one hole per utility service.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I remember someone had their Annika hit freeze. What happened in the end?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You can't even drill a hole to have a cable or phone outlet professionally installed?
If that is the case, you can check with your local tenant housing help. I do think they HAVE to allow at least one hole per utility service.
Some of the apartment buildings already have it, and if that's the case, you can use it. Mine doesn't, so I'm not allowed to. It's HUD, so I'm pretty sure they're following legal requirements.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decision making task vEG (possible bonus $2.00 and more) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.21] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 181] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. To complete this HIT, you will participate in several iterations of a game. The HIT will take 15-20 minutes in total to complete. Please allow enough time to fully complete this task. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid. Note that this game requires an exact number of workers. If we recruit too many or too few workers you will be paid the basic reward but the game will not begin. We do not allow repeat workers; if you have worked on a HIT titled "Decision making task vEG” and the game began, you will be asked to return the HIT.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You have played this type of game before. Thank you for your participation!
We do not allow repeat play for this game. Please return this HIT.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision making task vEG (possible bonus $2.00 and more) | PANDA
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.21] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 181] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. To complete this HIT, you will participate in several iterations of a game. The HIT will take 15-20 minutes in total to complete. Please allow enough time to fully complete this task. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid. Note that this game requires an exact number of workers. If we recruit too many or too few workers you will be paid the basic reward but the game will not begin. We do not allow repeat workers; if you have worked on a HIT titled "Decision making task vEG” and the game began, you will be asked to return the HIT.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Qualifications: None;

Why do I even click?

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the apartment buildings already have it, and if that's the case, you can use it. Mine doesn't, so I'm not allowed to. It's HUD, so I'm pretty sure they're following legal requirements.
Or not. You would be surprised. I know in my state it's not legal to prevent access to utilities like phone/cable/satellite and by not allowing an outlet to be installed ***professionally*** I'm breaking the law. I would check again. If there are NO outlets in the house, I'm fairly certain they have to allow it to be done professionally.

ALL of my HUD contracts force me to allow tenants to have these types of utilities installed, and they verify they are in working condition during inspections if the tenant has activated the particular utility. (I am a professional landlord and work with HUD daily. I can't even imagine the shitstorm that would rain down on me if I denied one of my HUD tenants access to phone service because I refused an outlet.)

Reactions: sinon

Mr. Krabs

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Social Psychology Study - 50 cents reward(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Bastian Jaeger [A2P7AUX7K3P5MU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.60] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 10] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: This is a study on first impressions in which you will see photos of different people. You need to complete this study on a laptop or desktop computer as the screen size of cell phones and tablets is not large enough.
Time: 20 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Mr. Krabs

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer Word Puzzle Questions(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kelley Gullo [AYWRWLMQTH9S1] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Answer word puzzle questions. Pays $1.00. Minimum of 5 minutes, depending on how many puzzles you choose to solve.
Time: 1 hour
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
When I add a title to the block list in Hit Scrapper, am I adding the name of the title to the block list? (if another req used the same name, it wouldn't come up because it's blocked)

or am I adding the HIT ID of that Hit?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Or not. You would be surprised. I know in my state it's not legal to prevent access to utilities like phone/cable/satellite and by not allowing an outlet to be installed ***professionally*** I'm breaking the law. I would check again. If there are NO outlets in the house, I'm fairly certain they have to allow it to be done professionally.

ALL of my HUD contracts force me to allow tenants to have these types of utilities installed, and they verify they are in working condition during inspections if the tenant has activated the particular utility. (I am a professional landlord and work with HUD daily. I can't even imagine the shitstorm that would rain down on me if I denied one of my HUD tenants access to phone service because I refused an outlet.)
I'm pretty sure this isn't straight HUD, it's on the voucher program or something. Would that make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.