05/28 - Sundae Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been rolling on a tennis ball. I am hoping that it will get better. I noticed it a few months ago. It seems to feel better after I have been up walking or running on it. It really only bothers me when I get up in the mornings or have been sitting a while. I will check out the exercises.
You might need inserts in shoes, at least for running. But see if you can heal it with easy exercises first. I'm sure mine would not have gotten so bad if I had tried to heal it early on.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Great advice, Tricker! Pippa ... you can also try rubbing your foot gently on a golf ball, tennis ball, etc to massage your tendon. Depending on how bad your pain is ... get a book (on amazon or maybe at CVS/Walgreen's). You wear it at night and it keeps your foot/tendon in the proper position to reduce the inflammation.
I will look into that. I am training for a half marathon and this is the first time I've ever had something like this. I've been a runner for years but took some time off this winter.

Reactions: tricker

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
I use Bristlr and walking down the street.

Last edited:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I will look into that. I am training for a half marathon and this is the first time I've ever had something like this. I've been a runner for years but took some time off this winter.
It is super common in runners. As common as heel spurs.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I literally ordered a brace yesterday for this very reason LoL I've never had the heel pain before and it started recently for me as well. I'll let you know how it goes. I've been icing and massaging with the ball, which has really helped decrease the morning pain (it's just in my right heel).

Status
Not open for further replies.