05/28 - Sundae Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
....and I just offered up my PE today to my kid if he will do a good job rubbing my feet.

I really detest plantar fasciitis.
I think I may be dealing with this. Does it cause pain in the soft part of your arch?

mypaperheart

I've got a hammer and a heart of glass <3
Reaction score
Olive has the regular one but I'm going to switch to the tough chewer one next month and see how she does with that. Give her one more chance before she's cut off :smile:. Have you tried that one?
I switched to the tough chewer one two months ago. They don't ruin the rubber toys they send, but they don't really like those much either. :confused2: They send "heavy duty" stuffed squeaky toys, yeah last month Bandit broke the squeaker in 5 squeaks. :disrelieved: They have great customer service though, they replaced it and sent an extra toy and treats with it!

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I may be dealing with this. Does it cause pain in the soft part of your arch?
That is where it started for me. not long after it spread to pain in my heels. First noticeable in the morning when I got up.

I, stupidly, did not go get it treated at that point so now it's a "thing" I have to cope with. It's being treated now and I hope to have it beat in a few more months.

But I am better. Walked around all day at an amusement park and was fine the next day. Today I hurt because I was not wearing shoes with my inserts in them as I did yardwork. So, my bad.

If you think you have it do a few things: 1) pull your toes back gently a few times per day to stretch the plantar thingy. 2) stretch your calves. Tight calves make it worse. 3) freeze a water bottle and roll your foot on it a few times a day to reduce inflammation (plus that just feels awesome if the arches are hurting).

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone needs advice on how to shoot yourself in the foot while talking to a new person on a dating app,
just ask me - I'm something of an expert

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
That is where it started for me. not long after it spread to pain in my heels. First noticeable in the morning when I got up.

I, stupidly, did not go get it treated at that point so now it's a "thing" I have to cope with. It's being treated now and I hope to have it beat in a few more months.

But I am better. Walked around all day at an amusement park and was fine the next day. Today I hurt because I was not wearing shoes with my inserts in them as I did yardwork. So, my bad.

If you think you have it do a few things: 1) pull your toes back gently a few times per day to stretch the plantar thingy. 2) stretch your calves. Tight calves make it worse. 3) freeze a water bottle and roll your foot on it a few times a day to reduce inflammation (plus that just feels awesome if the arches are hurting).
I've been rolling on a tennis ball. I am hoping that it will get better. I noticed it a few months ago. It seems to feel better after I have been up walking or running on it. It really only bothers me when I get up in the mornings or have been sitting a while. I will check out the exercises.

Reactions: tricker

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Great advice, Tricker! Pippa ... you can also try rubbing your foot gently on a golf ball, tennis ball, etc to massage your tendon. Depending on how bad your pain is ... get a book (on amazon or maybe at CVS/Walgreen's). You wear it at night and it keeps your foot/tendon in the proper position to reduce the inflammation.

Reactions: tricker and Pippa

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
I switched to the tough chewer one two months ago. They don't ruin the rubber toys they send, but they don't really like those much either. :confused2: They send "heavy duty" stuffed squeaky toys, yeah last month Bandit broke the squeaker in 5 squeaks. :disrelieved: They have great customer service though, they replaced it and sent an extra toy and treats with it!
Oh man that pic is priceless. I was going to send them an email about it because Olive doesn't tear up her other toys that easily. Glad that they're responsive! Olive doesn't love the rubber toys either, which was my main hesitation in switching. I didn't know they replaced toys! Do your dogs think every package is a bark box now? Mine does!

Reactions: mypaperheart
Status
Not open for further replies.