04/24 - Sole Survivor Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weakman

Reaction score
It depends on how little you can live on and how much you care about having a life outside of turk.
I seen many people make over 100 dollars a day on mturk. So I think it is possible. You have to have a strong work ethic and know how to do some scripting it would seem. I found a couple hits no one does that makes me around 15/hr.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Maybe. It depends on your expenses. Someone with a $300/month rent is going to have a lot more of a chance of doing it than someone with a $3000/month rent. Cost of living is wildly different all over the country.
Which is why the mturk[redacted] compound was in Kansas City, for the low cost of living and the Google Fiber.

Reactions: electrolyte

weakman

Reaction score
BTW Kadauchi @Kadauchi was right. You need to stop doing surveys and start looking for batches. It pays off in the long run. Figure out how to make them run faster.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It is possible but it's a lot of work, also depends on how little you can live on. You would have to know what you're doing and be on top of everything, it's a lot to learn at 1st. You will also feel like you can never leave your pc doing it as full time, because you may miss something and you will most likely feel like you're working 24/7.

Others may feel different, but I find it a lot more enjoyable doing it as a side job along side a part-time job somewhere else.

I mostly just do it for fun money now tho. Nice food, games, gifts, trips ect. If I really hit it hard sometimes I make more then my part time tho on good weeks.
This is my part time gig as well. I honestly could not handle full time unless I had too. I need to get out and pursue other interests away from a computer too much.

Reactions: Linfa

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I seen many people make over 100 dollars a day on mturk. So I think it is possible. You have to have a strong work ethic and know how to do some scripting it would seem. I found a couple hits no one does that makes me around 15/hr.
I was saying I believe you can do it but if you have kids or other big expenses, it would be tricky. Even if you were able to make $100 every single day.

Reactions: Kerek

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Along the same lines of this topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a website/app/method to track money for a specific goal? I don't want Mint or anything that actually connects to my bank account. I just need a way to track how much I'm earning and how to divide it amongst various monthly expenses plus save for a specific goal. Maybe just a spreadsheet? Or is there anything better to use for this kind of thing?

Reactions: Kerek

weakman

Reaction score
I was saying I believe you can do it but if you have kids or other big expenses, it would be tricky. Even if you were able to make $100 every single day.
You can make around 30k a year on mturk if you get good very easily it would seem. It would put you over the income per captia which is currently 26k.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I wasn't even talking about kids as an expense. I meant taking care of them, feeding them, cleaning up after them. etc. which really cuts into turking time!!!

TastyWaffles

銀河英雄伝説
Reaction score
I make more in actual income than I did at my previous job, plus however much voluntary overtime I feel like doing to make extra (or in the case of right now, to play catch-up).

Doesn't come with insurance, vacation/sick/holiday or retirement plans, though
Unlimited vacation days! (just no pay). And you can easily do a solo 401k for turk earnings (which I did for 2015).

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Along the same lines of this topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a website/app/method to track money for a specific goal? I don't want Mint or anything that actually connects to my bank account. I just need a way to track how much I'm earning and how to divide it amongst various monthly expenses plus save for a specific goal. Maybe just a spreadsheet? Or is there anything better to use for this kind of thing?
I love You Need A Budget. Doesn't connect to bank but you can export bank data. If you have an account just for savings would be easy to track goal. Has wonderful graphs, easy to set up with just what you need etc.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I wasn't even talking about kids as an expense. I meant taking care of them, feeding them, cleaning up after them. etc. which really cuts into turking time!!!
Especially if they're very young. I know I could earn a lot more if I wanted to but my daughter is only just over a year old so I can't dedicate as much time as I'd like.

Linfa

~Anime Gif User~
Contributor
Reaction score
This is my part time gig as well. I honestly could not handle full time unless I had too. I need to get out and pursue other interests away from a computer too much.
Yup! I used to do this full-time and slowly started to hate it, got to a point where I felt I was always working and never got any rest.

I took about a 6 month break then came back to just doing it part-time or just for fun stuff I wanted, enjoy it a lot more that way to me at least.

Reactions: coffeeowl and Kerek
Status
Not open for further replies.