Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
speaking of Spotify... check this artist out. It's late on a Friday night. No one is here. Shameless plug. Saw a friend play a week ago and this artist happened to be there. For being a local artist... I feel like he has a lot of potential. I told him we should hang out sometime. He lives like 4 mins from me. I was also pretty drunk in the convo. He opened with a Cure cover. I was at the bar with a date and I was really lit at this point. I was like "oh my god". It was good

80s vibe

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
speaking of Spotify... check this artist out. It's late on a Friday night. No one is here. Shameless plug. Saw a friend play a week ago and this artist happened to be there. For being a local artist... I feel like he has a lot of potential. I told him we should hang out sometime. He lives like 4 mins from me. I was also pretty drunk in the convo. He opened with a Cure cover. I was at the bar with a date and I was really lit at this point. I was like "oh my god". It was good

80s vibe

Oh man, super 80's vibe. It's good! Haven't heard an artist like this in awhile.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

80s vibe

Damn, their voice is fucking perfect for that dark 80's vibe.

Reactions: Peachy

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
I have got to pay for Spotify premium. I'm listening to Abbey Road and all of a sudden I get an ad from The Gap. Totally killing my vibe.
Shameless plug for Google Play Music. Imo, way better than Spotify. Upload your own music w/o the membership to listen on any device. YouTube Red (no ads, background video playing) You do have to pay to stream, but you can stream literally any song in the world, you can save it (cache it, really, but hey, you can listen to them offline), there is a radio function as well kinda like Pandora except there's no "skips" you can play a song a hundred times or skip a thousand songs before finding the one. Also with radio it has an "I'm feeling lucky" radio catered to your music taste. I definitely get way more listening out of it for $10 a month, if you consider how much just one album costs. And I very rarely can't find a song. If I really have to I'll find a way to download it but I rarely have that experience.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

80s vibe

That's really well polished. They nailed the sound. Hope you danced with the date idk if i could contain myself from dancing if they played this lol.

Reactions: Peachy

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Shameless plug for Google Play Music. Imo, way better than Spotify. Upload your own music w/o the membership to listen on any device. YouTube Red (no ads, background video playing) You do have to pay to stream, but you can stream literally any song in the world, you can save it (cache it, really, but hey, you can listen to them offline), there is a radio function as well kinda like Pandora except there's no "skips" you can play a song a hundred times or skip a thousand songs before finding the one. Also with radio it has an "I'm feeling lucky" radio catered to your music taste. I definitely get way more listening out of it for $10 a month, if you consider how much just one album costs. And I very rarely can't find a song. If I really have to I'll find a way to download it but I rarely have that experience.
Ugh, I just love the playlists that Spotify creates for me, though. Because I'm super lazy.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Dude wtf are you doing turking? You should be a Google Play sales rep because you've totally convinced me to try it.

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh, I just love the playlists that Spotify creates for me, though. Because I'm super lazy.
GPM offers radios for me. Say I like, idk the Beatles (and I do, haha. 7 years and counting:)). They recommend either a "The Beatles" radio with songs by them, other similar artists, maybe even covers of their songs. They'll also show me "hey, you like the Beatles? here's x's new song/album" or, which this wouldn't happen with them unless it was like a compilation album but if they release something new, they will also show me that.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Damn, their voice is fucking perfect for that dark 80's vibe.
That's really well polished. They nailed the sound. Hope you danced with the date idk if i could contain myself from dancing if they played this lol.
it was actutally just him (vocals/guitar) and a drummer. I think he makes all the music himself and has a couple people for live shows. I never usually even go to local shows anymore, but damn. I knew I was feeling the alcohol, but at the same time I was like... I know this shit is good. I don't know if my date liked it as much as I did. I was man-crushing pretty hard

Reactions: Pleco and Drwho10

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score

80s vibe

As someone who not only was alive but also not an infant during the 80s? this is really good!

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
GPM offers radios for me. Say I like, idk the Beatles (and I do, haha. 7 years and counting:)). They recommend either a "The Beatles" radio with songs by them, other similar artists, maybe even covers of their songs. They'll also show me "hey, you like the Beatles? here's x's new song/album" or, which this wouldn't happen with them unless it was like a compilation album but if they release something new, they will also show me that.
Ok, ok, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the info :)

Reactions: QueenOfScreams
Status
Not open for further replies.