Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Thoughts on Television Shows (~10 minutes)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stewart Coles [A37FN9GX3C8Z0B]
TurkerView: [ $21.42 / hour ]
Description: Read a brief passage and a description of a TV show and answer a few quick questions about the passage and the show.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 7
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [443051-442462] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3CRC4NO2BIQALST0PO4WKD93ZAS0SH]

Reactions: Willie_Cat and jan

jan

Reaction score
Is there some way to flag or filter out HITs that don't allow mobile devices? I have an 11 inch tablet that's every bit as good as my power hungry laptop. I can't be turning that monster on for a 35 cent survey. Need a filter or designation for those jobs so I don't have to accept, then return, "mobiles not accepted". I don't want to "Accept" if I can't work them. Geez, this isn't 1990...let's get plugged into people who use mobile only.
afaik, no - there isn't

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
What does everyone use to catch Hits? I remember a long time ago there were different applications workers on here said they used but can't remember. I have recently only been using Mturk Suite/Hit Finder
panda crazy is still around and works (I use it for specific hits)

Reactions: Minx2121

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinions(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Matthew D Rocklage [A36GPKBDVHEF7N]
TurkerView: [ $8.13 / hour ]
Description: survey
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 11
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [441056653-443795] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
  • Location In US
[326T9PSZX15X3MTY6I15Z00VX7FPJ0]

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
waffle house, that's the diner's name. yeah, i think i only ever ate there once.
I was just telling Gina yesterday we should show up to our sister in laws waffle house and pretend to get in a drunken fight and start throwing chairs.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was just telling Gina yesterday we should show up to our sister in laws waffle house and pretend to get in a drunken fight and start throwing chairs.
We'd still leave her a good tip though.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Another sensitive issue is the existence of the "master's" status, which creates a strong and unwanted discrimination between the participants in mturk studies. As long as there are no criteria for granting this status, and no one knows when and how this status is granted, this "master" mturk participant principle is deeply incorrect and disloyal. For example, I do not consider myself inferior to a "master mturk worker", and therefore I cannot accept the existence of this principle, and I think it was created to offer undeserved advantages to some.
If you don't have masters, Mturk is pretty much a dead platform and you're going to be better off putting your efforts elsewhere. I'm not trying to be negative but it's just reality.

Mturk after covid is a whole different ball game than it was pre-covid. Even in 2021 it could still be worth it without masters/quals but now. Better off making crafts and starting an etsy store, learning digital marketing, something, anything than working for pennies.

99.99% of the tasks that I've completed in my 3 months since coming back to the platform has been masters or a closed qual that was handed out 5-8 years ago and is no longer being handed out.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was just reading Kris Kristofferson is "in his final days".
So with Waylon and Johnny gone that would leave Willie as the only remaining Highwayman.

Which just proves my point, the secret to a long and healthy life is smoking copious amounts of marijuana.

Reactions: cassius

jenu

Reaction score
If you don't have masters, Mturk is pretty much a dead platform and you're going to be better off putting your efforts elsewhere. I'm not trying to be negative but it's just reality.

Mturk after covid is a whole different ball game than it was pre-covid. Even in 2021 it could still be worth it without masters/quals but now. Better off making crafts and starting an etsy store, learning digital marketing, something, anything than working for pennies.

99.99% of the tasks that I've completed in my 3 months since coming back to the platform has been masters or a closed qual that was handed out 5-8 years ago and is no longer being handed out.
You are right, but who do you think we should attribute "the credit" for destroying the spirit, tradition and everything that was best in the mturk platform?

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You are right, but who do you think we should attribute "the credit" for destroying the spirit, tradition and everything that was best in the mturk platform?
Scammers, hackers, AI, Elon Musk, The kid down the street who won't stop making a damn racket while I'm trying to sleep, Jeff Bezos, George Lucas, The 1983 Denver Broncos, and last but not least. Obama.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Financial Planning Study(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MSU Cognition Lab [A33GKMGMPOSGKL]
TurkerView: [ $22.74 / hour ]
Description: You are invited to participate in the Financial Planning Study. If you decide to participate, you will complete a set of self-report questions. The purpose of this study is to gather insights about opinions and attitudes toward financial planning for the future. It will take about 15-30 minutes or less to complete. You may not directly benefit from this research. However, we hope this research will result in benefits for the field by increasing our knowledge and understanding of financial attitudes and experiences.

To compensate you for the time you spend in this study, you will receive $2.00. You will receive this compensation upon completion of the survey.

Department of Psychology
Montclair State University
Study Number: IRB-FY19-20-1717
Duration: 45 Min
Available: 28
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [444410-443821] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3M6KHLIXG2KYCPS3TO6VI1NZY2DIRH]

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
jan @jan
Did you feel the earthquake?
I didn't! I 'heard' about it when people on the towns facebook page said they did. TBH, I had just gotten home and was putting things away. (So - busy).

Reactions: HelloHello

jenu

Reaction score
Scammers, hackers, AI, Elon Musk, The kid down the street who won't stop making a damn racket while I'm trying to sleep, Jeff Bezos, George Lucas, The 1983 Denver Broncos, and last but not least. Obama.
vvvvery cute and smart!

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
vvvvery cute and smart!
Bot scare over surveys in I think it was 2018 really did us damage and then AI has made it easier to do a lot of the simple batch work. Along the way then you also have the large amount of US accounts that ended up in Indian workers hands (though that's also related to the bot score). And economy, covid, mturk not doing anything to move the platform forward. It could be fixed still absolutely but it'd take an investment that I doubt that have any interest in making.

Reactions: jenu and Blakkat
Status
Not open for further replies.