02/12 - Succulent Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Task Completion (Step 1) | PANDA
Requester: RMB [A2MWWC15JKJY8B] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 1]
Description:
Answer a quick questionnaire about your HIT interests then select and complete your preferred tasks.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: CompletedHITInterestsSurvey has not been granted; TaskCompletion1 has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.5.0
Weird qual HIT?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
its happened to all of us
my mistake was that the foul language that requester used against me was not related to this forum,
and therefore, their private despicable act should not have been protested on a public forum,
but instead should have been handled in person

as it was, even though my complaint was against a single, specific requester,
my actions would make it appear that the forum itself would support such language against whichever requester may happen to post a HIT

such negative energy is not conducive to a decent working environment, for worker or requester
therefore, electrolyte deemed my post to be off topic, and fostering a hostile environment.
in order to protect the forum itself, my post was edited, and my emotional outburst was restricted to other methods of communication.

Reactions: Peachy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Task Completion (Step 1) | PANDA
Requester: RMB [A2MWWC15JKJY8B] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 1]
Description:
Answer a quick questionnaire about your HIT interests then select and complete your preferred tasks.
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: CompletedHITInterestsSurvey has not been granted; TaskCompletion1 has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;

HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.5.0
Weird qual HIT?
Very interesting.
Thanks.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
my mistake was that the foul language that requester used against me was not related to this forum,
and therefore, their private despicable act should not have been protested on a public forum,
but instead should have been handled in person

as it was, even though my complaint was against a single, specific requester,
my actions would make it appear that the forum itself would support such language against whichever requester may happen to post a HIT

such negative energy is not conducive to a decent working environment, for worker or requester
therefore, electrolyte deemed my post to be off topic, and fostering a hostile environment.
in order to protect the forum itself, my post was edited, and my emotional outburst was restricted to other methods of communication.
I didn't deem your post to be off topic. We always have and always will edit attacks toward requesters, even if you had a bad experience with them.

If you have further concerns about forum moderation, please PM a mod.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't deem your post to be off topic. We always have and always will edit attacks toward requesters, even if you had a bad experience with them.

If you have further concerns about forum moderation, please PM a mod.
what I meant was that it wasn't conducive to the overall health of the forum.
we are not here to share negative energy,
and complaints against a requester should not be vented here
that is why you edited my post - my issue was a private matter and should have remained between me and tedlab,
not set as an example that others may not have experienced anyway

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: New smartphone app survey multiple choice (expires in a few hours) | PANDA
Requester: Aliza Grossman [AIOWY7NQ3H4HE] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
We'll ask you about 10 multiple choice questions about it.
Time: 9 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97;

"If you can't read english, count to three, or know humpty dumpty, please do not take this survey."

If.. I know humpty dumpty?

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: New smartphone app survey multiple choice (expires in a few hours) | PANDA
Requester: Aliza Grossman [AIOWY7NQ3H4HE] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
We'll ask you about 10 multiple choice questions about it.
Time: 9 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97;

"If you can't read english, count to three, or know humpty dumpty, please do not take this survey."

If.. I know humpty dumpty?
We're good buddies should i introduce you ?

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
that is why you edited my post - my issue was a private matter and should have remained between me and tedlab,

You said Tedlab. Say no more.

They are usually underpaid and lure you in with the nice looking dollar amount. (hell, how many $5 and up surveys do you see usually?}

But, once you get started and you have killed about 30 minutes in and realize you aren't even a fourth of the way done.

Tedlab and I got into it in the past. Most people avoid his hits like genital herpes.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Complaints about a requester that you're having a problem with are okay. We are a forum for workers after all, so I think it can benefit the community to know that someone is having an issue.

But criticisms and complaints can be done in a respectful manner, I think. I know when there are issues between a worker and a requester, things can often get a little heated, so we kinda have to draw a line somewhere as to what we consider to be respectful and disrespectful. Those same requesters will often frequent our forum and I think it's only fair to treat them like we would treat any other forum members. Not everyone is happy with where we've drawn the line, especially when they're upset about something that just happened, but we feel it's the best way that we can be as fair as possible.

And if anyone has any concerns about that rule, we do have a thread where we encourage that sort of discussion:
Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh guess what, in the theme of this thread,
it's been 32 hours since mine showed up, and they still aren't dead!

:celebrate:

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
Complaints about a requester that you're having a problem with are okay. We are a forum for workers after all, so I think it can benefit the community to know that someone is having an issue.

But criticisms and complaints can be done in a respectful manner, I think. I know when there are issues between a worker and a requester, things can often get a little heated, so we kinda have to draw a line somewhere as to what we consider to be respectful and disrespectful. Those same requesters will often frequent our forum and I think it's only fair to treat them like we would treat any other forum members. Not everyone is happy with where we've drawn the line, especially when they're upset about something that just happened, but we feel it's the best way that we can be as fair as possible.

And if anyone has any concerns about that rule, we do have a thread where we encourage that sort of discussion:
Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread

True, some frequent our forums, read our posts and take our suggestions to heart. Maybe even, ask for advice and such... {looking at you IPSoft}

But, if this requester was to frequent our forums as a lurker, he or she would realize how horrible their work is usually and how that can also affect study data as most people that get stuck in an very long and underpaid study can and sometimes do give unstable data just to get through.

I don't feel that the requester in mention cares. Therefore, I don't understand why we should cater to this one.

But, then again... I sometimes feel like this...

Reactions: Drwho10 and aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.