02/12 - Succulent Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Student Research Project on Juror Decision Making - $2.00 (btwn 10 to 15 min) (~ 12 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kirsten Hunter [A1UXBVDJILBX1A] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
This dissertation study explores how potential jurors make decisions about awarding money. Although the evidence presented is from an actual trial, participants will not be acting in an official juror capacity. Data is collected from 20 briefly worded rating & multiple choice questions, and 4 blanks for entering the amount of money you would award based on a brief case summary & juror instructions. Payment is automatic upon completion. QUALIFICATION: Must meet basic qualifications to serve as a U.S. juror. Most people eligible for voter registration will qualify. Passing a 5 question, multiple choice pre-screener (~30 seconds or less) is required to automatically continue to the paid task. The project is personally funded by the student-author, so the pre-screen is unpaid. The $2 payment for HIT completion is intended to fairly compensate for both tasks (total estimated time is 10 to 20 minutes). WARNING: Random responding or entering an invalid random validation code at the end of the survey will result in automatic rejection of your work without payment.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Exc: [33709-33120] has not been granted;

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
True, some frequent our forums, read our posts and take our suggestions to heart. Maybe even, ask for advice and such... {looking at you IPSoft}

But, if this requester was to frequent our forums as a lurker, he or she would realize how horrible their work is usually and how that can also affect study data as most people that get stuck in an very long and underpaid study can and sometimes do give unstable data just to get through.

I don't feel that the requester in mention cares. Therefore, I don't understand why we should cater to this one.

But, then again... I sometimes feel like this...

It's a matter of consistency.

Sure, there are scummy requesters out there and people get burned. But, unfortunately, there are lots of scummy workers out there too, and requesters get burned. They don't even have to be scummy, maybe they just don't completely understand what they're doing. As moderators/administrators, how can we enforce rules for one set of people and not for another set, when all of our experiences are totally different? It puts us in a position where we have to say, "Okay, this requester is good, be nice. This requester sucks, say whatever you want." There's no way that we could consistently get that right because we will never be able to speak for everyone's experiences.

So we just draw the line somewhere and apply it to everyone, as that is the only way that we can truly be consistent. I don't think it's unreasonable, either. We encourage the criticism. All we ask is that people refrain from using insults and threats when referring to requesters.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
No excuse for me not to do more, at least to see how long they are actually taking me.
I forgot to pay attention yesterday. I'm hoping for < 20min ea.
Actually I was kind of hoping they'd still be pending.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Sentence Construction Language Game [has completion code] | PANDA
Requester: tedlab [A3CV1MVF006J21] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.28] [Fair: 4.35] [Comm: 3.50] [Fast: 3.98] [Reviews: 250] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Re-construct scrambled sentences
Time: 3 hours
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: None;

[mod edit]

returning this GARBAGE at 11:26
Uh, not to dredge stuff up, but I caught this hit as well. The hit and promised bonus are very tempting, anyone else tried to do it?

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Uh, not to dredge stuff up, but I caught this hit as well. The hit and promised bonus are very tempting, anyone else tried to do it?
It took me about an hour, with breaks. If bonus pays, well worth it IMO. But, I also love words. YRMV

Edit: and commas, apparently.

Reactions: Pleco

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your responses to problems in your relationship with service provider | PANDA
Requester: Sadrac CENOPHAT [A11ZQ1PQA47IC5] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Please, read the following statements and indicate your level of agreement to each of them.
Time: 10 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.5.0

Req.body

Crow
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Thoughts and Actions in Close Relationships(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: UCSB EMBeR Lab [AF6BFJHZGXXPL] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.13 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.43 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.38 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 19
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: 20 minute survey about your thoughts and actions in close relationships.
Time: 40 minutes
Hits Available: 89
Qualifications: Exc: [33984-33395] has not been granted; Location is one of: US

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Thoughts and Actions in Close Relationships(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: UCSB EMBeR Lab [AF6BFJHZGXXPL] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.13 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.43 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.38 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 19
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: 20 minute survey about your thoughts and actions in close relationships.
Time: 40 minutes
Hits Available: 89
Qualifications: Exc: [33984-33395] has not been granted; Location is one of: US
Did anyone else not have anywhere to input the code at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.