01/02 - Maniacal Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
Now, did anyone take that DAC7 survey from the link I put up? I'd really like to know what you thought. maybe soon, amazon, cough, cough, will give us some answers.

I did. If you answer "no" to the following question:

DAC7 eligibility
Are you registered to sell Professional services on AWS MarketPlace or for AWS IQ?

That is the only question you have to answer. You then simply sign and agree that:

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that the tax information I provided on this form is correct.
Signature (Type your full name)
this link
https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2021/12/dac7-risk-test-2021

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
Now, did anyone take that DAC7 survey from the link I put up? I'd really like to know what you thought. maybe soon, amazon, cough, cough, will give us some answers.

I did. If you answer "no" to the following question:

DAC7 eligibility
Are you registered to sell Professional services on AWS MarketPlace or for AWS IQ?

That is the only question you have to answer. You then simply sign and agree that:

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that the tax information I provided on this form is correct.
Signature (Type your full name)
I did, I clicked no and submitted a couple days ago. Not sure if I should have or not.

Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Doing that $16 survey from AIIR Mturk. Not even half done and I'm at $24 an hour. Of course I had to get up many times and do something else cause it's soooooooo boring.
takes awhile to pay out but it is worth it

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: NEW AND DIFFERENT: Give your opinion about technology policy. • Accept
Requester: Michael Horowitz [A2GNX7SU1O77QL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.02][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.72][Fast=4.52][Comm=3.67][Fair=4.83][Reviews=28][ToS=0]
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 24:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer a NEW brief survey about technology policy. Takes no more than 5-7 minutes.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: sweetpea0678

jenu

Reaction score
I studied all the Mturk forums and all the comments posted by the participating workers. At the moment there is no consensus as to whether or not those from the US should fill out that DAC7 eligibility form and no one knows how to answer the first question, yes or no. Many have the impression that if they answered "no" they got rid of any responsibility and can sleep peacefully. However, things are not exactly like that, and my impression is that something is being prepared for us in secret, and this will cost us.
It doesn't seem suspicious to you that all this time, all the mentors, moderators and guiding people of the Mturk platform, starting with that sacred monster called Chris, did not express any opinion or indication and did not even give a signal or clarification on this matter that troubles us all?

Lumius

Reaction score
I studied all the Mturk forums and all the comments posted by the participating workers. At the moment there is no consensus as to whether or not those from the US should fill out that DAC7 eligibility form and no one knows how to answer the first question, yes or no. Many have the impression that if they answered "no" they got rid of any responsibility and can sleep peacefully. However, things are not exactly like that, and my impression is that something is being prepared for us in secret, and this will cost us.
It doesn't seem suspicious to you that all this time, all the mentors, moderators and guiding people of the Mturk platform, starting with that sacred monster called Chris, did not express any opinion or indication and did not even give a signal or clarification on this matter that troubles us all?
The item reads: "Do you sell professional services AWS MarketPlace or for AWS IQ?"

Most people on Mturk would say "no", as AWS MarketPlace and the related process is a different definition than turking.

However, Amazon has not given a definitive answer. There has not been any reply on their Twitter, or to personal emails,
other than a generic linking of their tax "help" articles.

The people who would benefit from you being banned by hoarding arcane knowledge, mostly aren't on the forums.

Mods like jan @jan aren't even the type of Turker that would majorly benefit from large amounts of people failing(?) the form.

Chris has been AWOL for some time, not even communicating with the QBC group.

Today is a Federal Holiday, and it's likely that many people in EU offices and AWS offices aren't even entirely back from the
holiday until later in the month.

Moderators probably have no idea either, and aren't likely acting maliciously.

Here's a link for clarity:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/marketplace/latest/userguide/user-guide-for-sellers.html

*"To sell professional services on AWS Marketplace, you must complete the following prerequisites:

Have access to the AWS Marketplace Management Portal. This is the tool that you use to register as a seller and manage the products that you sell on AWS Marketplace. To learn more about getting access to the AWS Marketplace Management Portal, see Policies and permissions for AWS Marketplace sellers.

Register as an AWS Marketplace seller, and, if you want to charge for your products, submit your tax and banking information. To learn more about becoming an seller, see Getting started as a seller.

You must have a professional services product to offer that is related to an AWS service or at least one public product in AWS Marketplace. Your product must either directly support those products, or offer services that drive subscriptions to those products.

Note Your product must be listed in at least one of these primary categories: Assessments, Implementation, Managed services, Premium support, or Training.

For more information about professional services product guidelines, see Requirements for professional services products . "*

Last edited:

Lumius

Reaction score
TLDR;

*"To sell professional services on AWS Marketplace, you must complete the following prerequisites:
-Have access to the AWS Marketplace Management Portal."

Most people do not, would answer "no", but are probably waiting for further directions from Amazon.

Lumius

Reaction score
Also, with the Amazon payments change, it prompted you to do it next time you logged in, no account-banning, so might be similar.

I'd wait a bit before stressing! jenu @jenu If you like, I can tag you with clarification once I hear anything.

cassius

Reaction score
TLDR;

-Have access to the AWS Marketplace Management Portal."

Most people do not, would answer "no", but are probably waiting for further directions from Amazon.
I don't think there is anything malicious about the situation, unless it sets with the "powers", being the EU, behind this. Companies are just supposedly following what they think the law says for them to do. And they waited to tell us at the last minute, very last minute. That is always suspicious. But maybe they simply didn't want to deal with questions even the powers at amazon can't answer. I do find it suspicious that I haven't seen this on other crowdworking platforms like connect. Haven't seen it on Prolific. But they don't sell products. I think that's all we want to know before we trust this. If we are in the US, do we have to follow this ruling with the EU? What happens to our personal information if we do? Personally, I don't want my SS and banking info scattered to the four winds. And one article explanation I read stated they want banking info. When we have those answers then we can make decisions that are suited to us individually. The deadline is Feb 28. That's plenty of time for amazon to come forth with a real explanation.

Lumius

Reaction score
Haven't seen it on Prolific.
Prolific is UK-based, no EU offices afaik.

"I don't think there is anything malicious about the situation, unless it sets with the "powers", being the EU, behind this "

I believe that Jenu meant the more local powers, "...all the mentors, moderators and guiding people of the Mturk platform, starting with that sacred monster called Chris..." not the EU government etc.

Was trying to emphasize that nobody had received any clarification from AWS, versus it being a grand plot by the mods here to take all of the good hits by spreading tax misinfo and getting everyone banned.

Amazon Support says things like:

"Our community of experts may be able to assist you with an answer and further guidance: http://go.aws/aws-repost"
"If you haven't had the chance, check out the tax information shared on these FAQs: https://go.aws/3WXfPZ6"

Nothing definite yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.