01/02 - Maniacal Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
also, who's laundering money in the stock market? We can discuss those who trade should pay more/less, but stock market trades are reported with your gains/losses every year. And if you give cash to your stockbroker over 10K, that gets reported too
10000 always gets reported. if you want to know how the stock market runs then research it. this isn't a stock market forum. but to quote the X Files "the truth is out there."

Last edited:

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
10000 always gets reported. if you want to know how the stock market runs then research it. this isn't a stock market forum. but to quote the X Files "the truth is out there."
umm, I've been investing directly in stocks for over 40 years. Cite your sources

cassius

Reaction score
umm, I've been investing directly in stocks for over 40 years. Cite your sources
this isn't the forum for that. find them yourself.
hmmm ... maybe i ought to put that this way: when a teacher is needed, one is sent. wait for your teacher.

Last edited:

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
this isn't the forum for that. find them yourself.
hmmm ... maybe i ought to put that this way: when a teacher is needed, one is sent. wait for your teacher.
our HH net worth is well into 8 figures....send Warren Buffett our way

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
years ago there was a local coffee shop I hung out at - if you ordered bacon eggs large coffee and a NY times, it came to $6.66. I came in every dayand ordered the devil's breakfast. Name stuck until they raised prices. But I was proud to have my creation on their menu board
Kurt (the owner) said they had to double up their order of the NY Times once they put it on the menu and chalkboard - how can you not order the Devil's breakfast??? Esp. since we were known in OH as a heathen town

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I seriously asked myself now after the New Year holiday, why am I still wasting my time with weak things?
always a good thing. I'm asking myself the same question. I'm rereading Alan Lakein's book on productivity

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
nor should your right to use a debit or charge card interfere with my right to use cash. i do not do business with those that do not accept cash. as are many people refusing to do business with them these days. ever watch a merchant's face light up when you want to pay cash? did you ever sit down and figure out how much that business is paying for using charge and debit cards? you want robbery. that's robbery from our banks who take huge chunks from these businesses for the use of those cards. for me, it begins to feel like i'm cheating that merchant by not paying in cash. and stores who had employees, young ones, who didn't know how to count out cash change, now have employees who CAN count out cash change because people are using cash.
I pay 1.3 percent - that is not highway robbery. So don't do business with me. If you have the right not to do business with me, I have the right not to do business with you
PS - you never answered my questions about how you guys are gonna afford fire trucks

cassius

Reaction score
I pay 1.3 percent - that is not highway robbery. So don't do business with me. If you have the right not to do business with me, I have the right not to do business with you
PS - you never answered my questions about how you guys are gonna afford fire trucks
don't seem to be missing any firetrucks in this town. i don't live in columbus.

cassius

Reaction score
but they are paid for by gov't not your little collective, correct?
i never said there was a "collective." however, i do live in amish country. you know, the place where if one's barn burns down, even an English, they will come and rebuild it for you immdiately and you pay costs. the "collective" as you put it is one way of communities coming together to look out for each other. that's something one has to build and have the faith and confidence to do it. it takes skill. so, i suppose since i purchase food from the amish, we do have a collective and yes, i would trust them to help because they know who supports them.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
i never said there was a "collective." however, i do live in amish country. you know, the place where if one's barn burns down, even an English, they will come and rebuild it for you immdiately and you pay costs. the "collective" as you put it is one way of communities coming together to look out for each other. that's something one has to build and have the faith and confidence to do it. it takes skill. so, i suppose since i purchase food from the amish, we do have a collective and yes, i would trust them to help because they know who supports them.
that doesn't explain the fire trucks, esp. in Amish country. Amish still use the collective roads and the defense the military provides. Amish have called in the local cops when needed and used the court system, all paid for by taxes.
It's a convenient argurment to use until you need a real fire dept., army, or whatever to respond to your local crisis. It works until it doesn't

cassius

Reaction score
that doesn't explain the fire trucks, esp. in Amish country. Amish still use the collective roads and the defense the military provides. Amish have called in the local cops when needed and used the court system, all paid for by taxes.
It's a convenient argurment to use until you need a real fire dept., army, or whatever to respond to your local crisis. It works until it doesn't
and isn't it wonderful! the amish have managed to lobby themselves out of paying taxes. :) like I said this is political now. Time to drop it. if you want to use this forum on a subject that started out on what to do about DAC7, go ahead. you must need to vent that stream of consciousness. i've said all i'm saying about that.

Now, did anyone take that DAC7 survey from the link I put up? I'd really like to know what you thought. maybe soon, amazon, cough, cough, will give us some answers.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
It's a convenient argument to use until you need a real fire dept., army, or whatever to respond to your local crisis. It works until it doesn't
the Amish, among many religious schools, have a very poor record of dealing with special needs kids (all the more important with the limited gene pool). As a step-parent of a severely autistic kid, now 22, I take deep offense at this. If you're gonna take the gov't money, you need to provide appropriate services

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Doing that $16 survey from AIIR Mturk. Not even half done and I'm at $24 an hour. Of course I had to get up many times and do something else cause it's soooooooo boring.

Reactions: HelloHello

JCIII

Reaction score
Now, did anyone take that DAC7 survey from the link I put up? I'd really like to know what you thought. maybe soon, amazon, cough, cough, will give us some answers.

I did. If you answer "no" to the following question:

DAC7 eligibility
Are you registered to sell Professional services on AWS MarketPlace or for AWS IQ?

That is the only question you have to answer. You then simply sign and agree that:

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that the tax information I provided on this form is correct.
Signature (Type your full name)

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
When you put the 35 cent HIT completion code, Into the $16 HIT accidentally, then HIT submit
A $16 HIT that you weren't fully committed to doing (I was evaluating it!)

first time in a year+ that you've fubared a completion code

and now you gotta write requester
and now you gotta do the long HIT or get a reject

(ponders eating the rejection... hm... I can absorb 7,880 rejections to be over 99% approval)

Yeah... happy New Years.... *thud* - :coffeepc:

Last edited:

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Doing that $16 survey from AIIR Mturk. Not even half done and I'm at $24 an hour. Of course I had to get up many times and do something else cause it's soooooooo boring.
I made supper and just couldn't continue on with this survey. Just too tedious. Asked the same questions over and over again.

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.