Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Suspende account ☹️

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by JillM, Oct 26, 2018.

1. JillM

JillM
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone-
    Any advice would be so appreciated. I received this email 17 October and proceeded to fax them twice. Once from a physical fax and once using an online service. I've since emailed them daily asking for either news or at least confirmation of having received the faxes. I'm an American with a Citibank account, SSN, etc. but spend a part of every month in Italy & do most of my turking in Italy...don't know if that could be the issue.
    Here's the email & again thanks for listening!
    Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account.

Upon review, our investigations team has determined that appropriate action was taken. Per our initial email, your account was suspended pending additional account verification.

To start working using your Amazon Mechanical Turk account, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407.

The specialized team who handles these requests will only accept the information by fax, so we recommend using an online fax service if you do not have access to a fax machine. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

1. Your first and last name
    2. The email you use to log into your MTurk Worker account

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

Read through this thread. This is for folks who lose their account (you are okay! This is not you). But check out the contact info. You don't want to email jeff, just yet (I don't think). But start small and keep at it. Amazon makes these kinds of mistakes ALL the time.

I don't think your situation is dire (really, it's just going to be persistence :).

Start with the emails, though - and get response. I think you will be okay! Let us know what happens.
    https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mechanical-turk-suspensions-and-general-speculation.1778/

3. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out
    Expand Collapse
    TV Reviewing Meme Panda

• HIT Poster
    • Contributor
    that is 100% the issue

you cannot work as an American worker outside of the US

be happy they are just asking for you to prove who you are instead of outright banning you for violating tos

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    jan likes this.
  4. JillM

JillM
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks for that. I had checked to see if Italy was one of the countries working with Mturk and verified that they had been added. I had assumed then that it was fine to work both in Italy and in the states.

you cannot work as an American worker outside of the US

be happy they are just asking for you to prove who you are instead of outright banning you for violating tos[/QUOTE]

5. JillM

JillM
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for that link...and the moral support!
    I was actually being rather persistent with them but no luck. I'd seen this thread and PM'd the person who had the other emails. I emailed all and got a response within 6 hours!!
    I just now tried to paste the email response I received but was blocked on this message but in any case, the gist of the message was that the passport fax wasn't clear enough that they could see the photo or read the info and asked for another fax. They went on to say that once validating the id they would reinstate the account.
    Fingers crossed!

Read through this thread. This is for folks who lose their account (you are okay! This is not you). But check out the contact info. You don't want to email jeff, just yet (I don't think). But start small and keep at it. Amazon makes these kinds of mistakes ALL the time.

I don't think your situation is dire (really, it's just going to be persistence :).

Start with the emails, though - and get response. I think you will be okay! Let us know what happens.

jan likes this.
  6. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    Never free, never me

• Contributor
    • Mentor
    This was the email received by Jill. I'd just add this to my thread, but this one already exists, so meh.. Side note: location is rarely ever an issue unless the user lied up front about their location when signing up.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    A6_Foul_Out and jan like this.
  7. JillM

JillM
    Expand Collapse

Just an update for you guys who helped out with this issue. They reinstated my account yesterday- exactly 2 weeks. It was a short email just saying that they verified my identity. Again, thanks for your help!

Metallica and scrmcasey like this.