Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
@Survivor Castaways

Name That Tune
Friday's Final Round Rules

Top 5 advance to the last and final round with a clean slate! You must place a guess in this thread stating how many songs out of the 15 clips you will answer correctly. They will be 3 sec in length for this final round.

Tomorrow there will be one mega montage clip played at 2p EST (11am PST). You will have 10 min to PM me your answers.

Scoring for your wagers to be announced tomorrow :D

Those who did not make the Top 5 … I had so much fun testing your musical knowledge :) Please PM your MTurk ID for a small consolation prize :D
What does the prediction do? Does it add to our final points?

Reactions: basketcasey

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm so bummed. lol :(
this was such a fun challenge and I missed out on it all. I even set up to get email notifications for this thread and still missed out LOL
you're a busy momma! Don't worry ... there are still weeks of challenges left and some will have very flexible time tables to work around your schedule.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm too tired for learning how to put images in here.
But I have a Total Drama Action vibe going on here. I love it.

Reactions: It's Gamera!

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What does the prediction do? Does it add to our final points?
Everyone has a clean slate going into the final round.

Your wagers will carry a point value on a sliding scale (which I'll post in the morning 10ish).

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
scrmcasey @scrmcasey
TinaBanina @LoveMuppet
Persephone78 @Persephone78
InfiniteChanges @InfiniteChanges
basketcasey @basketcasey
It's Gamera! @It's Gamera!

Good morning, Survivors! Due to some time constraints today and an unexpected appt that I need to attend ... I need to push back our Final Round until 4p EST (1p PST). I hope this doesn't disrupt anyone's day too much and I apologize for the short notice (I just found out myself when I got to work).

Due to this, I'm going to keep scoring simple and traditional. As I said yesterday, everyone who made it to the final round now has a clean slate. You'll all be going head to head in this Final Round.

Fifteen 3sec clips - answers due within 5min of posting. If for some reason we have a tie, we will have a sudden death round immediately following results (Ten 3sec clips - answers due in 3min of posting).

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
scrmcasey @scrmcasey
TinaBanina @LoveMuppet
Persephone78 @Persephone78
InfiniteChanges @InfiniteChanges
basketcasey @basketcasey
It's Gamera! @It's Gamera!

Good morning, Survivors! Due to some time constraints today and an unexpected appt that I need to attend ... I need to push back our Final Round until 4p EST (1p PST). I hope this doesn't disrupt anyone's day too much and I apologize for the short notice (I just found out myself when I got to work).

Due to this, I'm going to keep scoring simple and traditional. As I said yesterday, everyone who made it to the final round now has a clean slate. You'll all be going head to head in this Final Round.

Fifteen 3sec clips - answers due within 5min of posting. If for some reason we have a tie, we will have a sudden death round immediately following results (Ten 3sec clips - answers due in 3min of posting).
I hope everything goes well at the appointment!

Just to clarify - we don't have to submit a guess on how many clips we'll get right prior anymore? And the time to submit is 5 minutes instead of 10?

I can't wait until 4pm, I'm excited!

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I hope everything goes well at the appointment!

Just to clarify - we don't have to submit a guess on how many clips we'll get right prior anymore? And the time to submit is 5 minutes instead of 10?

I can't wait until 4pm, I'm excited!
Yes and yes :)

I had this very convoluted wager/scoring/point system in my head and when I started putting it all down I thought ... why? LoL More fun to just get in there and do it! I'm excited as well!

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Like pause type, pause type. I knew EVERY ONE, but only typed about half.
I'm ashamed.

Reactions: scrmcasey