Roscoe's TurkFit Group

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So my husband has been massively complaining about too many TurkFit dinners. I told him I would do half TurkFit, half whatever he wanted, and I'd do it all home cooked. Guess which half was the one he picked.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I thought I might have rosacea, because I used to have perfect skin until a few years ago when I started getting these weird red splotches on my cheeks, and they were bumpy. 3 weeks of clean eating apparently has cleared most of it up! I hope it stays gone.

You're so cute :eek:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So my husband has been massively complaining about too many TurkFit dinners. I told him I would do half TurkFit, half whatever he wanted, and I'd do it all home cooked. Guess which half was the one he picked.

You're too nice. My husband eats what I make or he's on his own. :p

(I do try to make stuff he likes so I'm not a total bitch)

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I thought I might have rosacea, because I used to have perfect skin until a few years ago when I started getting these weird red splotches on my cheeks, and they were bumpy. 3 weeks of clean eating apparently has cleared most of it up! I hope it stays gone.

Your skin is just fantastic. I kind of hate you for it.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score

I know already that the only way it's gonna work here is if I tweak things or make separate meals. I've been doing that for caleb forever though, so I'm used to it. He could benefit from eating healthier, but he's so ravenous.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I know already that the only way it's gonna work here is if I tweak things or make separate meals. I've been doing that for caleb forever though, so I'm used to it. He could benefit from eating healthier, but he's so ravenous.
I usually have to make 2 or 3 separate meals every night. One for me, one for kids and one for hubby. It gets so annoying. What's worse is that my hubby is a twig and the kids take after him so they can all eat whatever the heck they want and not gain an ounce. Meanwhile, I drink one milkshake and my ass jiggles for a week. I think hubby must outweigh me by only 10 or 15 lbs lol.

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
Sitting in the gym waiting for my husband to finish up. I worked out for a lil over an hour.

One thing I noticed about myself is that I am kinda like tense after I workout. My husband is usually pumped and wants to talk and joke around, but me nah uh. I don't want to say nothin to nobody. I'm sitting here by the door, and everybody that comes in probably thinks I'm mean muggin them. I'm like stoic.

How do you all feel after working out?

Btw electrolyte @electrolyte :kick: where you at? Iont see you in here?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Sitting in the gym waiting for my husband to finish up. I worked out for a lil over an hour.

One thing I noticed about myself is that I am kinda like tense after I workout. My husband is usually pumped and wants to talk and joke around, but me nah uh. I don't want to say nothin to nobody. I'm sitting here by the door, and everybody that comes in probably thinks I'm mean muggin them. I'm like stoic.

I went to the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Today's my rest day. :whistle:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
this is day 2 of keto for me. i had such a bad headache yesterday, but i feel great today.
made soup last night! http://imgur.com/a/KXbBe
Yum! I made broccoli soup this week, too. This recipe: http://the-lowcarb-diet.com/low-carb-broccoli-cheese-soup (except I used whole milk instead of cream and didn't put that much cheese in).

Here are my dinners for this upcoming week:
Garbanzo summer salad with creamy dill dressing
Taco vegetarian lettuce wraps
Chickpea and red bean feta salad
Detox salad
Rainbow power kale salad with peanut dressing (this is one of my favorites)

Last edited:

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score

I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't feel pumped, but I have trouble resting afterward. And I feel terrible if I miss a workout. (This was when I worked out a lot. I haven't in a long time and desperately need to get back to it)

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Yum! I made broccoli soup this week, too. This recipe: http://the-lowcarb-diet.com/low-carb-broccoli-cheese-soup (except I used whole milk instead of cream and didn't put that much cheese in).

Detox salad
These all sound amazing :hearteyes: I'm gonna try them this week. I used to be veg before having a kid (plus CJ thinks he can live on meat alone), but I've really been getting a lot more plant based again.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Detox salad
These are fantastic ideas for dinners. It's nice to have some new vegetarian ideas. Thanks!

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with meals when you're invited to dinner? I try just eating a small amount but people are always trying to push more food on me.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with meals when you're invited to dinner? I try just eating a small amount but people are always trying to push more food on me.
Not particularly helpful for you but I avoid those kinds of situations. :p