Roscoe's TurkFit Group

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
I made healthy cookies tonight - mashed bananas mixed with oats and raisins and baked. No flour or added sugar. They're actually pretty good.

Congrats Maria Tortilla @Maria Tortilla! Just change up your routine and you'll probably keep losing close to the same rate, depending on how much you're trying to lose.

I only have one kidney, and it's messing with me the last few weeks, so I have no idea about losing weight right now. Too much water weight going on. May need to get some diuretics from the doc to deal with it, but I'm hoping I'm doing ok other than that.

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, logged in 2 hrs at the gym on Sat - arms, chest, and back, ran 2 .1 miles on treadmill

2.5 hrs at gym today - abs, glutes, thighs, 2.5 miles on elliptical

and I actually turned down some ice cream, well I had to teaspoons of it and that was it! I shocked myself!!

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
I made healthy cookies tonight - mashed bananas mixed with oats and raisins and baked. No flour or added sugar. They're actually pretty good.

Congrats Maria Tortilla @Maria Tortilla! Just change up your routine and you'll probably keep losing close to the same rate, depending on how much you're trying to lose.

I only have one kidney, and it's messing with me the last few weeks, so I have no idea about losing weight right now. Too much water weight going on. May need to get some diuretics from the doc to deal with it, but I'm hoping I'm doing ok other than that.
do they taste like 'real' cookies tho, Ive tried banana based cookies before and hated them

share the recipe?

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
do they taste like 'real' cookies tho, Ive tried banana based cookies before and hated them

share the recipe?
I don't have a real recipe, I just used 2 bananas, a ton of cinnamon, a handful of raisins, and then mixed in oats until the consistency looked/felt right. I also threw in a dash of vanilla. It was kinda banana-ish, but the the cinnamon and vanilla masked it quite a bit. They taste like thick bars of cinnamon raisin oatmeal more than a cookie tbh

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I might have rosacea, because I used to have perfect skin until a few years ago when I started getting these weird red splotches on my cheeks, and they were bumpy. 3 weeks of clean eating apparently has cleared most of it up! I hope it stays gone.

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I might have rosacea, because I used to have perfect skin until a few years ago when I started getting these weird red splotches on my cheeks, and they were bumpy. 3 weeks of clean eating apparently has cleared most of it up! I hope it stays gone.

Thats great! Sometimes I forget that eating somethings affect more than just the size of my body.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Aww! You are beautiful girl! Clearer skin, hair, nails and better sleep are my favorite parts. I can see a difference within a few days when I fall off the clean eating track.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Aww! You are beautiful girl! Clearer skin, hair, nails and better sleep are my favorite parts. I can see a difference within a few days when I fall off the clean eating track.
Thanks! I had no idea it could make a difference. I was vegetarian for a few years, but I was also in anti-fat phase, so my skin and hair got so dry and brittle. It feels so much better now too.

Reactions: Kerek and coffeeowl

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, is MyFitnessPal only for diet and food tracking? I'm looking at the app on my phone and just see one called "Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal". I want one that just tracks workouts.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, is MyFitnessPal only for diet and food tracking? I'm looking at the app on my phone and just see one called "Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal". I want one that just tracks workouts.
It has exercise and food tracking on the app. Usually when I go to diary it gives the options for logging food, water, exercise etc in different sections. You can do one or all, and it posts in your feed at the end of the day

Reactions: Kerek

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
It has exercise and food tracking on the app. Usually when I go to diary it gives the options for logging food, water, exercise etc in different sections. You can do one or all, and it posts in your feed at the end of the day
Ah, okay. I'll download it and check it out. The preview in the app store didn't show the exercise part.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, okay. I'll download it and check it out. The preview in the app store didn't show the exercise part.
Here's what it looks like in the app

Then it goes to options for cardiovascular and strength, and you calculate from there. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I don't know if there are any fitness only apps? Hope this helps!

Reactions: Kerek

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I give up on MFP. The thing won't connect. BUT I think I found an app that's even better that will keep me accountable. Does anyone use Pact? You make a pact to exercise a certain amount and if you make it, you earn some money. If you don't, you have to pay up. (The money you earn is funded by the people who didn't stick to their pact.) If I follow my pact, I'm going to get rich from working out!

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I give up on MFP. The thing won't connect. BUT I think I found an app that's even better that will keep me accountable. Does anyone use Pact? You make a pact to exercise a certain amount and if you make it, you earn some money. If you don't, you have to pay up. (The money you earn is funded by the people who didn't stick to their pact.) If I follow my pact, I'm going to get rich from working out!
i have the pact app but i've never used it.

and i personally hate the MFP app, try with their website for linking fitbit, its a much better interface.

https://www.fitocracy.com/ is pretty good for logging workouts, there's groups and friends and levels.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
this is day 2 of keto for me. i had such a bad headache yesterday, but i feel great today.
made soup last night! http://imgur.com/a/KXbBe