MTC Survivor Council Thread

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, if the person who has immunity doesn't/forgets to vote, what happens then?
It would put them in jeopardy. Since the one not in jeopardy that hasn't voted actually gets two votes this week, the would both go to her. Depending on how everyone voted, it could tie her up for being a candidate of leaving the game this week. I would then do the tie breaker thingy for voting, and have to drag it out a bit further this weekend.

Let's not have to do that :pray:

Reactions: essjay

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
It would put them in jeopardy. Since the one not in jeopardy that hasn't voted actually gets two votes this week, the would both go to her. Depending on how everyone voted, it could tie her up for being a candidate of leaving the game this week. I would then do the tie breaker thingy for voting, and have to drag it out a bit further this weekend.

Let's not have to do that :pray:
I'm hoping not, that would suuuuuuuuuuck.

Reactions: TQueen

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Great job this week guys! Results always seem to surprise me in this game. :eek: But now it's time to announce the player who will be leaving this week.

On the ninth week of Survivor, the player who is being eliminated is:

You played a great game, and will definitely be missed :hug:

Just want to remind you the Sole Survivor who wins the game gets some awesome prizes. Not only will there be a handsome cash prize, you'll be awarded the Sole Survivor banner:

You will also be awarded donator perks if you don't have them already.

Our six players now who are all about to go head to head are:

Melly @Melly
Maria Tortilla @Maria Tortilla
Eetha @Eetha
Lepi @Lepi
essjay @essjay
heeheehahaha @heeheehahaha

Congrats guys! I'll be posting the new challenge for this week shortly. It won't begin until tomorrow, but all the info will be going up today.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Welcome back to council Castaways.

We're bringing in our special guests this week, our JURY. :tqueen:

Our Jury this week is made up of 9 of our previous Castaways.

coffeeowl @coffeeowl
Drwho10 @Drwho10
heeheehahaha @heeheehahaha
Jaded @Jaded
KittyRaces @KittyRaces
Krikket @Krikket
Maria Tortilla @Maria Tortilla
MerryLou @MerryLou
Vanyanka @Vanyanka

VOTING THIS WEEK:

CASTAWAYS:
  • You will each get one vote for a single player to be eliminated this week.
  • I need your votes by SATURDAY, APRIL 9 at 11:59 pm (daily thread change)
  • Melly has immunity this week, so you will be deciding between essjay @essjay Lepi @Lepi and Eetha @Eetha
  • You will be POSTING YOUR VOTE in the COUNCIL THREAD this week. No PM.
  • Melly went on vacation, but already wrote in her vote. I will be posting her vote publicly on Saturday.
JURY VOTE:
  • The Jury will be collectively deciding on ONE VOTE. It will NOT be 9 separate votes. They will come to a decision and select one member of the Jury to post IN THE COUNCIL THREAD.
  • This vote will be due by the same time on Saturday as the Castaways.
With only 3 Castaways up for elimination, there is a greater chance things may end in a tie. Here's how our tie breakers will work:
  • If 2 (or 3) players are tied for the most votes, the JURY will get the deciding vote. Ex: If Eetha and Essjay are tied for the most amount of votes, and the Jury initially voted for Eetha, then Eetha would be the player being eliminated.
  • If the tie is between 2 players that the Jury didn't pick, the JURY will be deciding between the two. Ex: If Eetha and Essjay are tied for the most amount of votes, and the Jury initially voted for Lepi, the Jury will go deliberate once more and decide between Eetha and Essjay.
Let's see who will be landing in the final 3 with Melly @Melly this week!

And I hope you 3 didn't make anyone too salty during the games. :tqueen:

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
And I hope you 3 didn't make anyone too salty during the games. :tqueen:
I'm actually kind of struggling with this comment, it doesn't seem very impartial, you know?

I know the way I voted may have pissed some people off, but I knew that was going to happen before we even started actually playing the game.

Here's the thing, though: I played games while I was sick af with the flu that had me on my ass for almost a month in order to help my team win. I busted my ass taking pictures for a scavenger hunt that we won because of all the shit I collected and photographed, and yet I didn't even get the cash prize that week, though I photographed the most items. Hell, I even came up with the name that won us the immunity the first week.

I. Played. Hard.

Everything I did in this game, I did with the intention of winning. Because that's the whole point of Survivor, yes? To outlast?

If I'm going down this week, at least I'm going down with my head held high cos I played a damn good game.

Good game, Melly @Melly. Good game, Lepi @Lepi. Good game, Eetha @Eetha.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of struggling with this comment, it doesn't seem very impartial, you know?

I know the way I voted may have pissed some people off, but I knew that was going to happen before we even started actually playing the game.

Here's the thing, though: I played games while I was sick af with the flu that had me on my ass for almost a month in order to help my team win. I busted my ass taking pictures for a scavenger hunt that we won because of all the shit I collected and photographed, and yet I didn't even get the cash prize that week, though I photographed the most items. Hell, I even came up with the name that won us the immunity the first week.

I. Played. Hard.

Everything I did in this game, I did with the intention of winning. Because that's the whole point of Survivor, yes? To outlast?

If I'm going down this week, at least I'm going down with my head held high cos I played a damn good game.

I haven't watched survivor in years, but hasn't the jury of former castaways been a staple of the game since the first season? Has not Jeff Probst said something to that exact effect, "hope you didn't piss anyone off", on air?

Lots of us played to win. You used a strategy you thought would work and it brought you to the final four. Now it's time for the next element of the game.

I just don't like to see TQueen @TQueen take heat considering 1. how much work she has put into every single week and 2. her comment is completely relevant.

:shrug:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I. Played. Hard.

The comment was meant as a joke. I basically wanted to use my new :tqueen: smiley. I was keeping in the theme of the "touchy subjects" week. It's been a week of crazy axe throwing and some of the old Castaways getting together for jury again and having a good time.

I'm sure everyone was somewhat unhappy about getting voted off. That's the point of Survivor though, it's a game of strategy. No one accused anyone of not playing hard or well.

I'm struggling with the fact myself that this is the second time you've accused me of being impartial. I have been a solid host who holds everyone in equal regards. I even consulted with the players this week to find the best and most fair way to set up the task for the week. I have taken many people's comments and thoughts in consideration. I have to admit, I'm a bit tired of the negativity.

This being said, I love you all, and may the games continue.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't watched survivor in years, but hasn't the jury of former castaways been a staple of the game since the first season? Has not Jeff Probst said something to that exact effect, "hope you didn't piss anyone off", on air?
It's usually at the Final Three, which is when the jury is brought in to vote.

I'm struggling with the fact myself that this is the second time you've accused me of being impartial. I have been a solid host who holds everyone in equal regards. I even consulted with the players this week to find the best and most fair way to set up the task for the week. I have taken many people's comments and thoughts in consideration. I have to admit, I'm a bit tired of the negativity.
It wasn't an accusation, and I'm sorry it came across that way. It just stung because there were several people I legitimately considered friends before this who won't even talk to me now because they think I'm the one who brought them down. And I'm not going to say I didn't have a part in it, because I own my votes, but I was heavy hearted every single time I had to PM you a name or two. And we've talked before about how this whole thing was to bring people together and have fun, but from my perspective, all it's done is driven a wedge between me and the people I enjoyed talking to every day. I don't blame you. I'm not mad at you. I'm very frustrated by the situation and very sad. That's all.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
This being said, I love you all, and may the games continue.
I read this in Effie Trinket's voice and now I'm picturing Jeff Probst dressed in a wig and a butterfly dress yelling "THAT IS MAHOGANY".

Reactions: Jaded and TQueen

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I read this in Effie Trinket's voice and now I'm picturing Jeff Probst dressed in a wig and a butterfly dress yelling "THAT IS MAHOGANY".
Spot on.

Reactions: Jaded

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score

Im sorry that happened. From my point I feel like this did bring us together, In the beginning I honestly was intimidated joining in, especially after I saw that there were several heavy posting forum members who began the game. Although Im not necessarily best friends with any of you I do feel like Ive become closer with many of you. Im happy about that, and I enjoy coming to the forum more because of this game. Im rambling

One difference is tho, that strangers meet on the island, not friends. (Unless something has changed, I have only seen the first season of survivor)

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
Lepi @Lepi for my vote because competition

Reactions: Jaded