Coloring, Drawing, Painting

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score

:x I don't know what color to make her dress. The wings are gonna match her hair, and i think if I made it the same light/med/dark blue it wouldn't look as cool with the decorated bits on top

oh I just noticed i missed a lock of hair :eek:
A blue ombré would look pretty with her hair. Or perhaps something purpley.

Reactions: scrmcasey and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

I know I said I was gonna make the wings and hair the same color but I changed my mind. I was also going to color the remaining gray into black, but my mom said not to. I ended up testing it with a sheet protector and a marker and mom was right.

I actually kind of liked the outside being black, but wasn't sure what color I'd make the inside of the dragon circle, so just left it all gray.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
my June calendar. I usually don't like stuff like this but my niece covered me in stickers and I figured I might as well put them to good use. It's actually one of my favorites so far now lol. Once again, my eraser smeared my new pens. So if anyone wants to recommend a good eraser that won't smear pens, feel free!

I should also probably blur the stuff on here but I don't feel like it so oh well.
edit: I traced 'June' from a font editor and I still can't draw a not-wobbly line. :(

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
my June calendar. I usually don't like stuff like this but my niece covered me in stickers and I figured I might as well put them to good use. It's actually one of my favorites so far now lol. Once again, my eraser smeared my new pens. So if anyone wants to recommend a good eraser that won't smear pens, feel free!

I should also probably blur the stuff on here but I don't feel like it so oh well.
edit: I traced 'June' from a font editor and I still can't draw a not-wobbly line. :(
It's cute! That pink and purple go well togther.

The plastic eraser that came with this https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-Premier-Colored-Accessory-Blenders/dp/B000OKZYJ8 works really well and doesn't smear the ink when I use it. You can probably find it on its own, that's just the set I bought that it came with. I did not like the mushy eraser that came with it.

Reactions: themildone

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Not sure my idea for snow translated well to the picture. Looks cool irl though. (Annoying as heck to color white gel pen on white paper and not lose your spot if you look away)
I see the shimmer on the right side and love it! Did you put the gel pen on top of pencil?

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I see the shimmer on the right side and love it! Did you put the gel pen on top of pencil?
Nope, just straight on the paper! I've been meaning to fiddle with putting gel pen on pencil but havent yet.

I used pencils for most everything except the gray and blue under the trees which were marker, and the balloon and snow which were gel pen.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

Not sure my idea for snow translated well to the picture. Looks cool irl though. (Annoying as heck to color white gel pen on white paper and not lose your spot if you look away)
I love it. I'm coloring in my cursing coloring book right now :D

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score

I see lots of shimmer! I really like the effect- gonna steal yo snow trick.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I see lots of shimmer! I really like the effect- gonna steal yo snow trick.
:D I'm just glad I finally found a use for a white sparkly gel pen since I'm seriously lacking black journals to use them in.

Reactions: basketcasey

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
LOVE the tights! you did amazing free-handing those!
Oh, I wish! Those came with the grayscale picture. I have no drawing talents, lol!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
oh...lol. I feel super dumb now.
Don't feel dumb!! ♥ I thought the same thing when I was googling other people coloring these pictures (before I found out about the grayscale versions)

Reactions: themildone