Does having a daily goal:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone found out where we live (we're visiting in Ohio) and went on a political... I wouldn't even call it a tirade, I'd call it... a misguided word salad? It didn't make sense, they didn't know the names of the people they were talking about, etc... We've had the "We don't discuss politics" convo 3 times already! We've been here 24 hours!

Next time someone says anything remotely political, I'm just going to yell TAKE IT TO THE POLITICS THREAD and sashay away.
Which reminds me .................. I'm amazed that I didn't wish George a happy birthday yesterday (but then again, I was ... depressed). And George was something of a horn dog: ordered all his aphrodisiacs from his apothecary in London. :)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Someone found out where we live (we're visiting in Ohio) and went on a political... I wouldn't even call it a tirade, I'd call it... a misguided word salad? It didn't make sense, they didn't know the names of the people they were talking about, etc... We've had the "We don't discuss politics" convo 3 times already! We've been here 24 hours!

Next time someone says anything remotely political, I'm just going to yell TAKE IT TO THE POLITICS THREAD and sashay away.

.....misguided word salad..... hahaha

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We sound so immature but not engaging in political arguments is mature to me.
Yeah this place is a very small place where everyone knows everyone, so I'd rather people be like "Wow so-and-so's daughter in law is weird and kind of immature" rather than "She's political and argumentative!"

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah this place is a very small place where everyone knows everyone, so I'd rather people be like "Wow so-and-so's daughter in law is weird and kind of immature" rather than "She's political and argumentative!"
I don't discuss politics with MIL or father. US and UK are both horrendous minefields that are just not good for harmonious conversations. I now only talk rugby with my dad.

Skylycat

Reaction score
I just had a hit completely disappear when I submitted it. I'm so confused. It's not in my queue, it didn't bump up my PE, it's not in my completed hits in the dashboard. It was that awful bird hit and I'm going to be really mad if I spent all that time for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.