Tickle or Trickle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Bob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do a lot of you guys use PC and HC the same time. I like PC cause I'm so used to it but HC is nice because it has the panda button when you click a hit you missed. So you don't have to copy past from HF to PC and add a job. I'm just worried using both will slow down their effectiveness.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Do a lot of you guys use PC and HC the same time. I like PC cause I'm so used to it but HC is nice because it has the panda button when you click a hit you missed. So you don't have to copy past from HF to PC and add a job. I'm just worried using both will slow down their effectiveness.
If it's not driving your page errors up too much I don't see a problem.

Reactions: Handsome Bob

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Correct, using both will slow you down as you'll get endless PREs.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Really it depends on which scraper you are usings. If you are using HIT Finder, use HC. If you are using HIT Forker then use PC. Both of them have one button panda adds.

Handsome Bob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Correct, using both will slow you down as you'll get endless PREs.
I dont get pre's but when I look at my pc it'll say I have so and so many pre's [edit] when I say pre I mean when Im on myturk on the exceeded message pops up
Really it depends on which scraper you are usings. If you are using HIT Finder, use HC. If you are using HIT Forker then use PC. Both of them have one button panda adds.
Thanks I use HF. I haven't messed with HC too much but can you make a requester search on their for like C-stats for example so it tries to catch all the different HITS when they post. Never had luck on that with PC anyways usually get like 3

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont get pre's but when I look at my pc it'll say I have so and so many pre's [edit] when I say pre I mean when Im on myturk on the exceeded message pops up

Thanks I use HF. I haven't messed with HC too much but can you make a requester search on their for like C-stats for example so it tries to catch all the different HITS when they post. Never had luck on that with PC anyways usually get like 3
when you do a requester search with PC, it will only search for the first three groupIDs that it finds for that requester.
after it has "seen" three different csat hits, it will not catch a fourth, different groupID

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
when you do a requester search with PC, it will only search for the first three groupIDs that it finds for that requester.
after it has "seen" three different csat hits, it will not catch a fourth, different groupID
Ummm, no. I caught 9 different C-Stats yesterday within 5 minutes. I think the max I've seen is 100+.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Headphones needed to watch a short video. Get $0.50 for participating in a 3-4 minute survey about the speaker in the video. | Accept
Requester: Jaime Potter [A1P3QCQVNCJQFM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Please watch the video contained in the link in its entirety in one sitting, then complete all of the survey questions immediately afterwards. Please only participate once in this study. Thank you!
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 92; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Handsome Bob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did not know that thanks

Reactions: harriss143

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Ummm, no. I caught 9 different C-Stats yesterday within 5 minutes. I think the max I've seen is 100+.
http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/save-search-group-id-mode

maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but I swear I remember Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs saying that if the outside boundaries are NOT red, it will collect and search for up to three different group IDs. if it's red, it will only look for the same groupID that's last saved in its details

http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/edit-advanced-details/action-mode

The search mode will use a search url on the requester ID to find any hits. If you change to the search mode you must have a Requester ID filled in or it won't let you save it. The script can't figure out requester ID's by a panda because usually mturk doesn't display that info on a hit. When the job is in Search Mode it will do a search and try to panda the top three highest paid hits it finds.

Last edited:

Handsome Bob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but I swear I remember Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs saying that if the outside boundaries are NOT red, it will collect and search for up to three different group IDs. if it's red, it will only look for the same groupID that's last saved in its details
I read all his info about pc on his site and it was hard for me to understand it all. This was months ago maybe I'll give it another read.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Headphones needed to watch a short video. Get $0.50 for participating in a 3-4 minute survey about the speaker in the video. | Accept
Requester: Jaime Potter [A1P3QCQVNCJQFM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Please watch the video contained in the link in its entirety in one sitting, then complete all of the survey questions immediately afterwards. Please only participate once in this study. Thank you!
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 92; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
3 min

Handsome Bob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seems john does load a bit faster if you que them up. Am i right on that?

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score

http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/edit-advanced-details/action-mode

The search mode will use a search url on the requester ID to find any hits. If you change to the search mode you must have a Requester ID filled in or it won't let you save it. The script can't figure out requester ID's by a panda because usually mturk doesn't display that info on a hit. When the job is in Search Mode it will do a search and try to panda the top three highest paid hits it finds.

I think what you're thinking of is when there are multiple HITs from a requester available it will grab the three highest paying HITs. However, with say C-Stats, it will log each GroupID it comes across and search for an avaialble HIT. So say you've found 12 GroupIDs, it's going to start at the top and if the first one is available, it grabs a HIT, if the second GroupID is available it will grab the HIT, if the third GroupID is available it will grab the HIT and go back to the first HIT to start again. If, however, two and three are not available, it will seach the fourth GroupID on the list, then the fifth (if both are grabbed it goes back to the first HIT again).

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, no idea, I stay away from $6 hr batches. Not worth the time.
They are worth the time investment if nothing else is up, you're new and need to build numbers and/or are using a script to make them worth more than $6/hr *grins*

Reactions: hamster wheel
Status
Not open for further replies.