12/20 - Thriller Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything either but, on the homefront, I'm ready to light my sister up over this issue. Her kid has missed 3 days of school this week, making me the babysitter, because of stomach issues. The only issue I can see is that she stuffs him full of shit(dominos, McGross, corndogs, etc.[I'm sure all fine in moderation]) right before bed. Like at 9pm. What happened to a little snack before bed? And, I'm done. :p
yep, one of my daughters doesn't cook, so her kids eat junk food all the time, even soft drinks. I'm so disgusted by it. One of the grand daughters already has teeth issues from drinking soda and she's 4. I'm just about to blow my fucking top over this issue

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
yep, one of my daughters doesn't cook, so her kids eat junk food all the time, even soft drinks. I'm so disgusted by it. One of the grand daughters already has teeth issues from drinking soda and she's 4. I'm just about to blow my fucking top over this issue
i am fucking annoyed, I had perfect teeth as a kid, and when I was 19 I changed my life, lost 70lbs, stopped drinking soda, most coffee, stopped eating so much junk, THEN my teeth started rotting out of my head.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything either but, on the homefront, I'm ready to light my sister up over this issue. Her kid has missed 3 days of school this week, making me the babysitter, because of stomach issues. The only issue I can see is that she stuffs him full of shit(dominos, McGross, corndogs, etc.[I'm sure all fine in moderation]) right before bed. Like at 9pm. What happened to a little snack before bed? And, I'm done. :p
yeah, gorging on anything before bed, even healthy food, can cause problems with digestion and metabolism.

Kliq

Reaction score
i am fucking annoyed, I had perfect teeth as a kid, and when I was 19 I changed my life, lost 70lbs, stopped drinking soda, most coffee, stopped eating so much junk, THEN my teeth started rotting out of my head.
Do you have 3 dentists now?

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
110% I wish I never tasted junk food. i would be such a terrible person as a parent because I was allowed to eat too much junk. I would be the mean parent, lol. I know everyone says that, but I have food issues, so I think I would actually be a mean parent.

not judging anyone because i don't have much desire to be a parent, lol. i just have a really really terrible relationship with food.
I hear that. I don't keep junk food in the house. I make a lot of poor-folk kinda ethnic food that isn't that great for you either, though, and sometimes has strong smells for white-bread folks. I imagine my kids going to school with like some kind of smelly something or other or hand cut lunch meat and getting made fun of for it.

Husband does not get made fun of. Husband gets "What did your wife pack today?"

Devil_Dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
110% I wish I never tasted junk food. i would be such a terrible person as a parent because I was allowed to eat too much junk. I would be the mean parent, lol. I know everyone says that, but I have food issues, so I think I would actually be a mean parent.

not judging anyone because i don't have much desire to be a parent, lol. i just have a really really terrible relationship with food.
the only 2 things I eat fast food wise is maybe a pizza once in awhile, and if we are out and about, I might have a Wendy's chili. I'm not a food healthy nut, just I see the calories in fast food and want to throw up. Also food portions are totally wack here in the states.

Reactions: Liz

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Same. When I stopped eating like a subway rat my health went to shit - starting with the teeth.

Reactions: savvy

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Agree!! The food we put into our kids has a direct effect on their health and success in school.

My kid got only bread and butter before bed if he was hungry.

He told me recently that he used to be afraid to go to sleep and didn't want to tell me that so he would say he was hungry when he wasn't and eat the bread and butter so I would come in and sit with him longer. D'waaaa. I would have sat with him if he had just asked! (Which he did do sometimes)

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My brothers kids eat mostly bread and ketchup. SOMETIMES they eat other things. They will literally eat a loaf of bread as a meal. There is no reason for this. It makes me insane. How they don't all have scurvy is beyond me, I guess the ketchup? Idfk.

Reactions: Jerami and savvy

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Task(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: UCLA Anderson Researcher [A3F2ELCFTPI9GB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.56] [Pay=4.58] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.30] [Fast=4.93] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.96] [Reviews=75] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.35] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 45:00
Available: 55
Description: Study on judgments and decisions (approximately 15 minutes)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1212770481-119835] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LoveMyLife

savvy

Reaction score
I hear that. I don't keep junk food in the house. I make a lot of poor-folk kinda ethnic food that isn't that great for you either, though, and sometimes has strong smells for white-bread folks. I imagine my kids going to school with like some kind of smelly something or other or hand cut lunch meat and getting made fun of for it.

Husband does not get made fun of. Husband gets "What did your wife pack today?"
oh my kids would be eating like weird lentils and pasta salads haha. that's what I make for packing food. and hopefully my kid would be like me and not be picky. aka, while I was a young kid I didn't have much choice in the matter of what I ate.

My dad was a much better parent emotionally and support-wise, but not health wise. he packed me shit food and bought me shit food. nutty butty bars, frozen pizza, PBJ, goldfish is what I lived on in middle school and high school. Going to the gym with him every day did not help me.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
oh my kids would be eating like weird lentils and pasta salads haha. that's what I make for packing food. and hopefully my kid would be like me and not be picky. aka, while I was a young kid I didn't have much choice in the matter of what I ate.

My dad was a much better parent emotionally and support-wise, but not health wise. he packed me shit food and bought me shit food. nutty butty bars, frozen pizza, PBJ, goldfish is what I lived on in middle school and high school. Going to the gym with him every day did not help me.
Yeah I wish my parents had been better with eating. Mom and Dad both grew up in traditional households run by folks who lived through the Great Depression, had 4 loud crazy kids, both worked two jobs. So many hot dogs. I don't think I could even imagine the number of hotdogs I ate as a kid. Hot dogs, kielbasa, meatloaf, hamburgers. Rinse repeat. Processed meat + some kind of carb.

Now they're old and having serious health issues b/c of how they ate even though neither of them are overly obese or anything.

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

Devil_Dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I haven't had any luck with son in laws this fucking year. Just found out last night another one got caught using meth, lost his job, and is cheating on my daughter. this makes two in the last 4 months. And to top it all off, she's staying with him. wtf is wrong with people?

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I haven't had any luck with son in laws this fucking year. Just found out last night another one got caught using meth, lost his job, and is cheating on my daughter. this makes two in the last 4 months. And to top it all off, she's staying with him. wtf is wrong with people?
Screwed up world anymore!!!

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

savvy

Reaction score
Yeah I wish my parents had been better with eating. Mom and Dad both grew up in traditional households run by folks who lived through the Great Depression, had 4 loud crazy kids, both worked two jobs. So many hot dogs. I don't think I could even imagine the number of hotdogs I ate as a kid. Hot dogs, kielbasa, meatloaf, hamburgers. Rinse repeat. Processed meat + some kind of carb.

Now they're old and having serious health issues b/c of how they ate even though neither of them are overly obese or anything.
My mom changed in time. About when I was about 16 she got really into fitness. She still smokes like crazy, but she has slow progressing MS and her docs think its from her obsessive working out. She's super fit and 60 and eats insanely healthy - now. We ate like garbage before. My mom is fitter than me right now. Me, I really need to lose 25lbs. I'm super active but the weight is causing a lot of hip/knee pain right now. But I'm also stuck in a binge eating phase - hence why this topic was already on the forefront of my mind.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
omg that's awful :( :hug:

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
My last day of work for 12 days! So excited! But, it will be so busy for most of it. 6 different dinners/lunches planned with various people now, a Pacers game, and a doctor's appt I'm dreading. It'll still be all good (except that dr. appt).
I think I am only $0.50 from my weekly goal, and I'll put the brakes on until the first of the year. Hopefully I will pop in and say hi over the next couple of weeks, but for any I don't see Have a Merry Christmas!
SAME!!!! Well the last day of work for 12 days part

Kliq

Reaction score
Kick his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.