12/20 - Frightful Friday

Would you rather be lonely but rich or poor yet happy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Tell us YOUR views(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Shai Davidai [A20Y9FE67UT2M5] Contact
TV: Hrly=$12.64 | Pay=Good | Approval=3-7 days | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=2.71 | Fast=3.76 | Comm=2.71 | Fair=4.50 | Reviews=63 | ToS=0
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 15:00
Available: 1
Description: In this survey, you will be asked to write a little bit about your life and then respond to a series of questions about your views of the world (~6 minutes). Everyone 18+ can participate.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1169] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [1107709934-188810] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.11

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
nevermind

Last edited:

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Did you click "I consent" and then it went straight to the "thanks for your time" page? That's what happened to me.
Happened to me too. Shortest survey ever. Maybe they ran out of money.

• Sad
Reactions: ekkirksey

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Simple Judgment Task | Accept
Requester: Julian [A35PRKC2COB0ZD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.47] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.86] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=1]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 40:00
Available: 0
Description: Read a short story and make simple judgments. Takes around 10 min. Please only participate if you have normal or corrected-to-normal vision.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: harriss143

michaelandmeg

Reaction score
So I made a post other night about my account being suspended due to needing to "verify identity" and said I'd respond yesterday with some information about the situation for others to reference back on. However, yesterday I got busy and was not able to do so. So here we go.

My account was suspended (with a masters qualification) after turking for 8+ years. I took several years off and recently started again. I relocated from one state to another, and I think this could have triggered the suspension, being that I hadn't changed my address to the new state.

I emailed Amazon Mturk for days and only got generic responses that were computer generated. I called Amazon repeatedly and got the same response each time. "Someone will contact you within 24 to 48 hours." The only response I ever got was the computer generated emails. I was repeatedly told to "fax documents" despite already missing a few hours from work to fax this information and also emailing right behind sending the fax. I felt ignored for over a week and became extremely upset with Amazon and felt I was being ignored as a worker.

I read a lot of helpful articles on this forum and various others. The most important thing I read was being "consistent." I came to realization, Amazon M-Turk is only a small portion of a big AMAZON world and they have only a handful of employees to handle the hundreds of thousands of workers.

The method I used for getting my account back was based on what I had read in previous post, staying "CONSISTENT and PERSISTENT." I went to the Mturk Contact page, and addressed every person listed on the contact page, including the requester support email. I also addressed jeff@amazon.com at the beginning of every email, to draw interest.

I also came to realization that Amazon isn't our employer, but they as if more of a "bank or financial institution" than an employer. I then wrote a legal letter to Amazon requesting that I get the hundreds of dollars in my account "returned" and would like it within the 180 days that financial institutions have to legally hold my money and made it clear that if my money was kept longer, I'd have to file legal charges as I respectively earned that money and it wasn't up for negotiation. If I earned it, I believe I should be entitled to my money, correct or wrong?

Shortly after that email went out, I received an email from an Operations Manager of M-Turk noting that my account had been reversed and he placed an extra $50.00 credit into my account to be spent at my pleasure.

I have to be in bed early tonight as I have a long day, but I wanted anyone that goes through this in the future to be able to reference back to my issues and understand it's possible to get it reversed.

If I could give any solid advice, my advice would be to stay PERSISTENT in getting your account back if you've done nothing wrong. Contact Amazon over and over. Email them every single day. Call them every single day. Remember they are a small department in a big world. But if you continue to stay persistent, eventually someone will open your email. Not only does multiple emails and multiple phone calls a day cost them money $$$ because someone has to read and respond to those emails, but someone also has to answer all those phone calls. It cost them money. Stay at it, and there's the chance you can get your account back. (Not saying this is the truth if you've violated policy and did something wrong), just for someone whom was un-fairly kicked off of Amazon M-Turk. Stay consistent.

For the respect of the employee that emailed me back and helped out, I will not release his email address because I know Amazon has strict policies in which many people do violate. These policies are in place to keep things fair for the requesters and also us workers. We don't want people "trashing the system" by violating rules, and these same policy violators harassing the people that can truly help us out in the future when a problem like this does arrive. It will unlikely our chances of saving our account. So for that reason and out of respect, I won't post the email out to the world.

However, if someone references back to this post and your going through the same issue, stay consistent, and things will likely work out. I feel if I wouldn't have emailed and called daily, it could have been over-turned, but the chances would have been less likely or longer down the road. If someone see's this months down the road and messages me with the same issue, I plan to be around for the long-haul. I'll see your message and direct you towards the person that can help you out, but again, please respect that it would be best for all of us if we didn't go plastering his email all over the internet.

Hope I could at least help and give someone else down the road something to reference back on!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
rsmath @rsmath Too bad the launch went arwy.
thank you for not calling it a failure! :love:

it is still a useful mission despite not going to the iss or delivering cargo or christmas gifts to the iss crew. we have learned there is a problem with the automation system and the issue today allows for more on-orbit testing and data gathering before sunday morning's landing. i hope it comes in from the northwest to give me a good show as the capsule heads to White Sands, but i have a feeling JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh will get the light show as she cares for her animals and the capsule comes in from the west or southwest.

btw, i think tonight's Space Force news was not needed. i am appreciative of the air force's role in space asset development/management over the decades and i don't feel part of the air force needs to be splintered off to create the new branch of the military.

Reactions: HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Well folks, seems to be deader than a door nail for me. Have a good night!

Reactions: ekkirksey

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
cute!

do you wonder why its 75 deg out and your car is blasting heat or why your radio is playing the rap station? :baby:
LOL I actually usually have it playing rap, but I wouldnt even realize the heat till it was too late

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Seriously though, routing and accounting numbers are a set length, so it will likely come directly back to Amazon

Despairagus @Despairagus
bingo! my credit union says it is 12 numbers and posts notices/reminders when setting up direct transfers that every single number in your account is important, even the leading or trailing zeros.

EDIT: 10 digits. credit union acct is 6 digits to they add 4 digits to get the account number ach-legal.

i totally agree amazon will report an issue with the transfer until the account number is fixed.

Last edited:

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Oleg Urminsky [A2UT64NH2GJ8XQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.10] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.47] [Fast=4.95] [Comm=4.82] [Fair=4.93] [Reviews=169] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 12
Description: Please answer some questions
Qualifications: Exc: [187173375-188939] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
This is back again

Reactions: aveline

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
thank you alexandria, nice surprise for only having done a few...

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Alexandria for work related to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
The value of your bonus is: $0.15 USD

The Requester included this note:
This is a bonus payment for the extra (optional) answers you submitted for the HIT "Tell us why one can't do something". Thank you for participating on this HIT!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

Asiita

Reaction score
I am awake, I am scanning for some extra HITs, and I have a sweet little cat on my lap... Life is good. :) At the same time, I have an alarm set to remind me to make lunch for my fiance, and to get some other things done around the house lol. After that I can shop for my birthday cake. ;P

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Study about social media influencers(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sean Sands [A2XEY5WSQADOK4] Contact
TV: Hrly=$13.30 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=3.74 | Fast=4.95 | Comm=1.00 | Fair=4.81 | Reviews=37 | ToS=0
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 30:00
Available: 45
Description: This is a study about your opinions and attitudes toward social media influencers
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [3255] DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Exc: [189519-188930] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.13

Reactions: Peachy

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Oleg Urminsky [A2UT64NH2GJ8XQ] Contact
TV: Hrly=$17.95 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Excellent | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=4.46 | Fast=4.94 | Comm=4.82 | Fair=4.93 | Reviews=167 | ToS=0
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 37
Description: Please answer some questions
Qualifications: Exc: [187173375-188939] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.13

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.