12/19 - Thick Thursday

Would you rather work on Mturk forever or have N64 controllers as hands?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
OK so I have a question..... I do work for Prolific and they pay through Paypal in GBP... let's say today i transferred 7.45 GBP... Google says conversion rate would be $9.71 USD however Paypal say $9.44 USD.. Then they take their 1% for transfer fees.. So am I being ripped off or is there something I'm missing, cuz this is an every time thing?

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
come get your rejections

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Andy [A3JSJNT0GIBCUH] (Req TV): $118.68/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Give us your opinion about our products
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
Not this time, the last two times ,yes, but not this time. Time for everyone to play Andy roulette.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Legos have to be the most overpriced toys ever. My nephews are killing my bank account.
When I was a kid, I freakin' hated getting Legos. They used to be super cheap and were that gift you got when someone forgot to get you something so they just went to the drug store and picked something up. I was super surprised when I bought some for my son a couple of years ago and they were like $30+ for a tiny little thing.

Lumius

Reaction score
The spread price is always changing, based on the currency costs. It usually is between 1.2-1.4
It's better than most institution's conversion fees , so I would say no, you are not ripped off.

OK so I have a question..... I do work for Prolific and they pay through Paypal in GBP... let's say today i transferred 7.45 GBP... Google says conversion rate would be $9.71 USD however Paypal say $9.44 USD.. Then they take their 1% for transfer fees.. So am I being ripped off or is there something I'm missing, cuz this is an every time thing?
Regardless, there's not another way to get your money from them in the USA, so it's a moot point.

You could theoretically wait for a time when the GBP was strong against the dollar, to get maybe 5% more.

With the relatively low amount of Prolific tests, you're better working a minimum wage job for an hour, than watching Forex to make $0.20 more on your conversion. :LOL:

Last edited:

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I freakin' hated getting Legos. They used to be super cheap and were that gift you got when someone forgot to get you something so they just went to the drug store and picked something up. I was super surprised when I bought some for my son a couple of years ago and they were like $30+ for a tiny little thing.
Yeah but nowadays you can build all kinds of crap with them, back then they were only good for leaving out as booby traps for your parents when they get up in the middle of the night in their bare feet.

Reactions: jan

Random Jobber

Reaction score
Reactions: Trucker

taylor97

Reaction score
what are some good scripts that are similar to HIT Forker? I have Google Chrome.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
what are some good scripts that are similar to HIT Forker? I have Google Chrome.
There's MTS' HIT Finder, which HIT Forker is based off of. I think that's about it, as far as free options go (unless there's something else I'm not aware of?) I think some people are still using HIT Scraper, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's sorta broken and has some security vulnerabilities.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Study (start immediately after accepting to earn more) | PANDA
Requester: ETH DeSciL [A13FVLMLUTH7ND]
TurkerView: [ $22.31 / hour ]
Description: You will read instructions and play a short game with another player.
Duration: 45 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Descil-E-69D9BCA0 DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
  • Location In US
[3LHGJL349KDKHIJNOA57ERH362VO2G]
Panda the crap outta this bad boy
HIT Time: 8 mins

Poisontea

Reaction score
There's MTS' HIT Finder, which HIT Forker is based off of. I think that's about it, as far as free options go (unless there's something else I'm not aware of?) I think some people are still using HIT Scraper, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's sorta broken and has some security vulnerabilities.
Should I uninstall HIT Scraper? I don't use it much anymore but I didn't know about any security vulnerabilities.

Melchiorus

Reaction score
Are the alternatives to MTS actually better? I remember I heard about the paid scraper, and now HIT Forker, but do they actually perform better in any way?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Should I uninstall HIT Scraper? I don't use it much anymore but I didn't know about any security vulnerabilities.
You can if you like. It won't do anything if it's just sitting in your Tampermonkey or whatever. From what I understand it's vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks, but that would only apply if you're actually running it.

Reactions: Poisontea

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Are the alternatives to MTS actually better? I remember I heard about the paid scraper, and now HIT Forker, but do they actually perform better in any way?
As far as finding HITs, they all perform about the same. Some offer slightly different features, so it's really up to you to decide what you need. Like HIT Finder, for example, has buttons to send pandas to HIT Catcher. HIT Forker works better with Panda Crazy from what I hear. It's really just a matter of preference. One won't necessarily give you an advantage over another aside from how it ties into your work flow.

Reactions: cb456 and Poisontea

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Qualify to use Thusly's TagWorks Highlighter interface (Intro) | PANDA
Requester: Thusly, Inc. [A7398F94J0ZRI] [TurkerView]
Description: Learn to highlight information within documents. Follow on-screen instructions accurately to qualify. Workers must successfully complete this HIT to earn a $1 bonus and become eligible for additional well-paid HITs from Thusly Inc. Use the Google Chrome Browser for this HIT.
Duration: ~30min
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exist
  • Location NotEqualTo US-CA
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 2 min, 4 sec
Catchability: Great

Reactions: XWarrior

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Qualify to use Thusly's TagWorks Highlighter interface (Intro) | PANDA
Requester: Thusly, Inc. [A7398F94J0ZRI] [TurkerView]
Description: Learn to highlight information within documents. Follow on-screen instructions accurately to qualify. Workers must successfully complete this HIT to earn a $1 bonus and become eligible for additional well-paid HITs from Thusly Inc. Use the Google Chrome Browser for this HIT.
Duration: ~30min
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exist
  • Location NotEqualTo US-CA
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 2 min, 4 sec
Catchability: Great
Masters people grab this. It seems as though it's going to be a qual.

Status
Not open for further replies.