12/10 - Living Coral Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
If you ordered something from a website, then you got a notice that they were out of stock, but they shipped most of your items right away...then the rest a few days later and you thought okay cool. I have my stuff...life goes on.

Then 20 days later they sent you an email that said...we forgot to charge you so we are going to charge you now, how would you react?

Would you give them a CC #, tell them to charge you (or ignore the email) or call them and raise hell?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If you ordered something from a website, then you got a notice that they were out of stock, but they shipped most of your items right away...then the rest a few days later and you thought okay cool. I have my stuff...life goes on.

Then 20 days later they sent you an email that said...we forgot to charge you so we are going to charge you now, how would you react?

Would you give them a CC #, tell them to charge you (or ignore the email) or call them and raise hell?
raise hell and tell them to come collect it.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score

Why would they have shipped items without having gotten your cc info? How did that happen?

Reactions: Despairagus

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Does he know it is Pepsi? | Accept
Requester: Mind and Language [AEQ6RFZZQ9X5T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.92] [Pay=3.79] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.13
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about some situations
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
Why would they have shipped items without having gotten your cc info? How did that happen?
They had my info. It was a large retailer. I guess somehow they ended up putting just a hold on the card, and the funds were released before they shipped it or something. I looked, and I used a prepaid card, the money was there, but not enough for the full amount to go through, so even if they actually tried to rerun the charge again, it wouldn't have been approved, but yeah, I actually got mad and kind of yelled, and now I just kind of feel bad. It's been kind of a tough day, and that was just the icing on it.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
I would probably just pay them, I mean it is their fault they didn't charge you when they should have but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have to pay for the stuff. :shrugs: IDK man

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
They had my info. It was a large retailer. I guess somehow they ended up putting just a hold on the card, and the funds were released before they shipped it or something. I looked, and I used a prepaid card, the money was there, but not enough for the full amount to go through, so even if they actually tried to rerun the charge again, it wouldn't have been approved, but yeah, I actually got mad and kind of yelled, and now I just kind of feel bad. It's been kind of a tough day, and that was just the icing on it.
I believe Macy's did something like that a few years back, and the end result of it was "too bad, Macy's!" and they had to eat the bill. It was when they first launched their order online pickup in store thing. (I worked there at the time.)

Reactions: turkinlight

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

If the store in question has physical locations I wouldn't really say anything but I would passive aggressively shoplift every time I was there.

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
This was the email..

Here at xxxx,we do our best to make sure that the products and services you receive from us are something you’d want to tell your friends about. However, sometimes things don’t go quite right.

We were reviewing our November orders and just learned that while your order placed in November was shipped out to you, the method of payment was never charged. We would like to complete this transaction and will be charging your card for the order. You may receive a shipping notification in your email inbox for this order but rest assured, a duplicate order is not on its way to you.

I guess part of it is just that they were like...yeah we're going to do this...I might have felt different if they put it different...the bold was just my own doing.

Reactions: C to the J

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
At my work my co-worker fucked up royally. Someone got a money order for like $2000 and they wanted to pay like $400 cash and the rest on their card, she somehow entered the $400 cash and then another $1100 cash and only charged $500 on their card. She is going to get demoted if they can't find the person and/or they don't pay the $1100. I can't imagine not paying for it in that situation but most of my coworkers think she's fucked.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This was the email..

Here at xxxx,we do our best to make sure that the products and services you receive from us are something you’d want to tell your friends about. However, sometimes things don’t go quite right.

We were reviewing our November orders and just learned that while your order placed in November was shipped out to you, the method of payment was never charged. We would like to complete this transaction and will be charging your card for the order. You may receive a shipping notification in your email inbox for this order but rest assured, a duplicate order is not on its way to you.

I guess part of it is just that they were like...yeah we're going to do this...I might have felt different if they put it different...the bold was just my own doing.
I'm pretty sure they can't do that at all? How long has it been? Idk if it's state law or not, but don't retailers have a certain period of time that they're allowed to charge things after the fact? Like you receiving your item without a contract saying you were paying it later/installments or whatever, I think there is a specific window of time? Not that it matters I guess since you used a giftcard anyhow.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they can't do that at all? How long has it been? Idk if it's state law or not, but don't retailers have a certain period of time that they're allowed to charge things after the fact? Like you receiving your item without a contract saying you were paying it later/installments or whatever, I think there is a specific window of time? Not that it matters I guess since you used a giftcard anyhow.
He said it was 20 days ago

Honestly it seems pretty reasonable to me.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
He said it was 20 days ago

Honestly it seems pretty reasonable to me.
Yeah that might not be enough time. It'd still burn my butt, though.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Adsforce's not working for anyone else?

LAJUAN JOHNSON

Reaction score
uhhhhhh wow!! some of these hits are hilarious. On behave of Mr. perv requester Andrew. I apologize ladies that's ridiculous. That info is worth more than 15 cents.
Title: Survey (Female): Masturbation Habbits: WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised | Accept
Requester: Andrew [A1RAQJRP87LR6W] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.15
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions regarding your masturbation habbits
Qualifications: Adult content description Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]